Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

12 minutes ago, DON said:

Your kind eh..in this day and age why cant we all just get along!.

Because it is this day & age?

Getting along would require broad spectrum change

43 minutes ago, DON said:

Jan Mysak (48th pick) went back to Czech and will be playing there, for now.

Smart move (IMO) ... players need icetime, especially youngsters ... hopefully he comes back when the OHL (presumably) opens TC in January

Nice to see ... doubt he will ever be Scott Stevens but he won't be pitching no-hitters

World junior invites, Habs may not have any kids on team canada. Guhle would be it, if he sticks.

https://hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-canada/men/junior/2020-21/camps/roster-sel-camp

Norlinder, Olofsson, Gordin all pointless today

40minute zoom with Rob Ramage about prospects

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/video/zoom-conference-rob-ramage/t-277437414/c-6873440?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=CHCcontent&utm_content=EN-1029-Ramage-WSC

21yr old, Ylonen 1g(2), back to back games with a goal, 11:31

23yr old, Leskinen 1g(2)1a in 3-2 loss, 21:06

20yr old, Kotkanieni 0pts in 4gms, 18:49

Fairbrother 1a in BCHL play

Non-Hab/Rocket Charles Hudon had another 2g game. 7pts in 4gms.

If he keeps it up, some GM might offer Habs a later round pick for his rights.:pray:

(Swiss league likely 1/4 step slower than AHL, so allows Hudon's lack of NHL foot speed too not be an issue.)

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Sure, I wouldn't turn down a fourth-rounder. But neither is it a big deal. If Hudon finds success and happiness playing in Switzerland, I'll be happy for him as well.

Happy for him?

Not a factor, he sounds disgruntled, screw him and just hope can get some value for him after being waived couple times already and no other team wanted him.

9 hours ago, DON said:

Happy for him?

Not a factor, he sounds disgruntled, screw him and just hope can get some value for him after being waived couple times already and no other team wanted him.

Hey, dude, I'm just stating my personal opinion. I hold no grudge against Hudon, or Alzner, or anyone else that we drafted, signed or traded for but didn't make the cut. These players want to play and succeed, and I don't blame them for that, even if they aren't quite good enough to play in the NHL.

Of course, if you prefer to blame the player, it's your choice.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Hey, dude, I'm just stating my personal opinion. I hold no grudge against Hudon, or Alzner, or anyone else that we drafted, signed or traded for but didn't make the cut. These players want to play and succeed, and I don't blame them for that, even if they aren't quite good enough to play in the NHL.

Of course, if you prefer to blame the player, it's your choice.

I blame him for not working and/or training hard enough and then recently blaming others for his failings. He seems to of has earned his way from a 10g 30pt NHL rookie season to Swiss league.

An Alzner, I have zero issue with, totally different story and wish him the best in whatever he does now.

10 minutes ago, DON said:

... He seems to of has earned his way from a 10g 30pt NHL rookie season to Swiss league ...

That was the bizarre 2017-18 season where Niemi and Lindgren looked like NHL goalies and Mete looked liked like a future #1 LHD

7 hours ago, dlbalr said:

A pair of prospects are getting a look in international action as Norlinder and Mysak are facing off today in the Karjala Cup.

Just when I thought the Spengler Cup was lame.

Youngest forward on the team

Rob Ramage: « On a Brett Stapley, qui est un moteur de l’attaque à l’Université de Denver. Il va disputer sa troisième année et il progresse très bien »

On the surface a positive assessment (he drives the attack at UoDenver and he has progressed well) ... but it strikes me as a bit of a pro forma assessment ... say something nice but don't set the bar too high.

Is anyone familiar with this play at UoD?

His stats for his sophomore season were similar to Evans' at Notre Dame .

From La Rose:

23) Brett Stapley

Centre, Denver (NCAA)
7th round pick (190th overall in 2018)

This was not a pick that I was a fan of at the time.  A re-entry player that didn’t exactly light up the BCHL didn’t scream must-draft.  But after adapting quite well to the NCAA game, the Habs may have something here.

Stapley hovered near the point per game mark through the first couple of months of the season and while he tailed off after that, securing a legitimate spot in the top six quickly is still impressive for a freshman without a lot of pedigree.  All in all, he was fifth on the Pioneers in scoring by a forward which isn’t half bad.

The big question that remains here is what type of upside he has.  Stapley is a strong playmaker but his other offensive skills aren’t quite good enough yet.  He’s still a long-term project but there is some upside on the horizon which gives him a big boost from last year’s ranking.

2018-19 Stats: 32 GP, 5-14-19, +9 rating, 35 PIMS, 52 shots, 192/381 faceoffs (50.4%)
Previous HW Ranking: 35th
NHL ETA: 2023-24/2024-25 – It certainly looks like Stapley is going to be a four-year college player and a lot of those players need at least a full season in the minors after that.  Stapley could buck that trend but the safer bet is that he won’t.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2020/4/3/21206439/brett-stapley-following-jake-evans-footsteps-montreal-canadiens-seventh-round-ben-chiarot-interview