Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

6 minutes ago, DON said:

I guess they might practice and travel with Rocket, till CHL fires up again.

I wouldn't be surprised if they play a game or two.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the WHL and OHL don't start as planned.

Frederik Dichow has been loaned to a new team in Denmark in the hopes of getting him some playing time.  While he has been practicing regularly, he hasn't played in a game since October.  If the OHL gets going, he'll be able to go to Sudbury but it's turning into a bit of a lost development year for him already.

On 1/11/2021 at 7:53 PM, revvvrob said:

He didn’t stand out in the game I saw, but that’s not a shot. He was good. Didn’t see a gaffe. It was an afternoon game in the second of a back to back. The whole team wasn’t sharp - also perhaps because Youngstown isn’t winning this year so they didn’t bring their A game. 

That said - he seemed to win every single face off. Also his line seemed to play other positions - like he didn’t take every face off and sometimes during the shift, he was playing wing. 

Again in yesterday's game he had 2g1a, so just from on paper it SEEMS he is making pretty easy work of USHL.

It is finally OFFICIAL ... starting next season

32 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Great news! Now, any guesses for the team name? Draveurs?

As a Trifluvian that has history for me ... the team narrowed it down to 8 and asked fans to vote, the deadline was January 4th, no announcement that I've seen ... the options were:

• Flambeau
  • les Forges/Forgerons
  • le Club de Hockey de Trois-Rivières
  • les Lions
  • les Riverains
  • les Saints
  • les Tritons
  • le 1634.

Think they decided to move away from Les Draveurs (or perhaps a naming rights issue) ... the first two have local Trois Rivieres meaning but Tritons would associate to a powerful mythological entity

image.png 

30 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Great news! Now, any guesses for the team name? Draveurs?

There was a contest but I have not seen the finalists

Draveurs would be nice if available, but “Les Boys” the trois-rivières would be awesome :)

4 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

As a Trifluvian that has history for me ... the team narrowed it down to 8 and asked fans to vote, the deadline was January 4th, no announcement that I've seen ... the options were:

• Flambeau
  • les Forges/Forgerons
  • le Club de Hockey de Trois-Rivières
  • les Lions
  • les Riverains
  • les Saints
  • les Tritons
  • le 1634.

Think they decided to move away from Les Draveurs (or perhaps a naming rights issue) ... the first two have local Trois Rivieres meaning but Tritons would associate to a powerful mythological entity

image.png 

I am done with European mythology being used for North-American teams

8 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am done with European mythology being used for North-American teams

Embarrassingly (?), I am drawing a blank on examples currently in use beyond Titans and Argonauts ... maybe in the NCAA or minor leagues

22 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Embarrassingly (?), I am drawing a blank on examples currently in use beyond Titans and Argonauts ... maybe in the NCAA or minor leagues

Kraken, Olympiques, Spartans, Celtics, ...

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Kraken, Olympiques, Spartans, Celtics, ...

Celtics is a bit of a reach IMO as Boston is a hugely Irish city, so not the appropriation that some others might be ... and Olympiques was adopt-ted in 1976 so the are actually named after a Canadian event.

But fair enough ... we all have things that are our "nemesis". 

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

Celtics is a bit of a reach IMO as Boston is a hugely Irish city, so not the appropriation that some others might be ... and Olympiques was adopt-ted in 1976 so the are actually named after a Canadian event.

But fair enough ... we all have things that are our "nemesis". 

I recently read the book “1491” and realized how awesome pre-columbian America was.

I’ll probably grow less interests in this in a couple of days.

4 hours ago, DON said:

Could simply recycle the "Voyageurs", Habs farm team in Nova Scotia used it long ago.

Could have but it didn't make the list that they are choosing from ... and expect the TR fans want "their own team" not a recycled name from Montreal and Nova Scotia ... plus, the TR owners have to consider the possibility that the affiliation agreement is only three years ... some other ECHL city/franchise could make the Habs a better offer at that time or another NHL team could make TR a better offer ... their own name makes the most sense

16 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Hopefully there will be no penny-pinching on the agreement (after three years). The proximity of TR is a huge win for the Rocket.

TOTALLY agree ...

19 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Hopefully there will be no penny-pinching on the agreement (after three years). The proximity of TR is a huge win for the Rocket.

Here's hoping they learned their lesson from the disgraceful situation they allowed their last affiliate to devolve into; Brampton couldn't wait to give them the boot.