Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

19 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

100% agree, enough with seeming Mete struggle after the initial hype

Lets let Caufield develop

Hopefully Caufield is a very different case than Mete ... Victor was a 4th round choice who had no hype until he comparatively "shone" in a dumpster fire of a season (he and Lindgren) ... not certain he ever would have been much better if he had stayed in junior ... he basically has one NHL level skill, an elite one in his skating, and not certain junior would have developed the others any further ... Caufield's expectations were there when drafted and have been largely supported based on actual performance 

*** NOT *** saying Caufield likely would not benefit from AHL time ... and hopefully MB et al won't rush him into the NHL unless they are highly confident he is ready ... and he may well be ... but they have to put CC's future ahead of any selfish wishes.

Caufield 2a

Farrell 1g(19) AND 4a.:clap:

Norlinder 1g(5) today. Two game goal "streak".:thumbs_up:

Struble listed as back in lineup today after out for injury (assume was minor).

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Playing like someone who has barely played for 3 years.

Needs signed by June 1 i think, i would guess he wont be?

No pts today

1 hour ago, DON said:

Needs signed by June 1 i think, i would guess he wont be?

No pts today

Yes, he needs to sign and that is why I am disappointed he has stalled 

23 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Yes, he needs to sign and that is why I am disappointed he has stalled 

His team is struggling and his coach is juggling the lines. Not necessarily the best environment to recover from his long gap off the ice.

I expect our scouts will have more insight into what's going on and whether there is still hope for him and don't need to rely on just the points totals per game.

Don't know if Caufield is ready for 5-on-5 NHL action but would love to see him on the PP and in 3-on-3

On 3/6/2021 at 2:34 PM, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Let’s keep the love coming..

Tony Granato on Caufield - "I may never coach another player with his gift - his touch."

He can certainly score, I think he is 9 goals ahead of the second highest goal scorer. I am sure hoping it translates to the NHL level.  I am optimistic it will.

On 3/6/2021 at 4:36 PM, DON said:

Another angle

Smaller than the womp rats Luke used to bullseye in his T-16. 

• Like 2

Big Ten survey;

Caufield won his second consecutive Big Ten scoring championship with 24 goals and 43 points, both of which were 10 better than his closest competitor.

His 1.79 points per game is the fourth-best in the Big Ten's eight seasons behind a trio of Michigan players in 2015-16: Kyle Connor (2.15), Tyler Motte (1.9) and JT Compher (1.85).

The voting was as clear for Best Player as it was for Best Forward: Caufield was the players' choice by a wide margin.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/college/hockey/we-asked-big-ten-hockey-players-to-vote-for-postseason-awards-here-is-who-they/collection_76167d67-2538-5a8a-a342-180fa2bf9ab2.html#2

• Upvote 1