Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Commandant

Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Recommended Posts

Teasdale and team coasted to Q championship with 4-0 win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suzuki 1g1a.

67s got off to a 2-0 lead 8minutes in; BUT...then 5 straight goals  in the 2nd period for Guelph, near end of 2nd period.:hyper:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think Suzuki got 1g + 2a, what a wild game. That would give Suzuki a grand total of 16g + 26a for the season, good for eighth on the all-time list. Ahead of Marner, Scheifele and Tkachuk, but four points fewer than McDavid in 2014-15.

 

Andree carried the 67s for much of the season, he's far from a terrible goalie. But between him and the 67s defence corps, they just had no answer to the Storm's offence in the last four games.

Edited by tomh009
Corrected the stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Single-season OHL playoff scoring leaders since 2010:

 

Connor McDavid 2015 - 49 PTS (20 GP)

Mitch Marner 2016 - 44 PTS (18 GP)

Nick Suzuki 2019 - 42 PTS (24 GP)

Mark Scheifele 2013 - 41 PTS (21 GP)

Matthew Tkachuk 2016 - 40 PTS (18 GP)

Alex DeBrincat 2017 - 38 PTS (22 GP)

 

Not bad company to be in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta assume he wins the Gretzky Trophy as playoff MVP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 1:23 PM, Commandant said:

He also just gives confidence to his team by being back there.  Players can push the pace and take more offensive chances knowing he's the goalie vs the backup. The mentality is different.

 

I think the confidence factor is huge here. Andree and DiPietro performed nearly equally in the regular season: 2.48 and 2.40 GAA, 0/910 and 0.91, both about 40 games.

 

But DiPietro shone through three rounds of playoffs, and the team was super confident in him being able to backstop them. Once Andree stepped in to fill for him in game 3 and Ottawa lost the game, though, that confidence was blown. And the rest of the team began to play worse, too.

 

So, I wasn't intending to minimize the impact of losing DiPietro. Really, what I was trying to say was that Andree was not the only problem once DiPietro was injured. And I think we are more or less agreeing on that in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DON said:

Teasdale and team coasted to Q championship with 4-0 win.

Was at the game... by god Teasdale is a beast. He just dominates the play when hes on the ice and is always finishing his checks.

53 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

 

I think the confidence factor is huge here. Andree and DiPietro performed nearly equally in the regular season: 2.48 and 2.40 GAA, 0/910 and 0.91, both about 40 games.

 

But DiPietro shone through three rounds of playoffs, and the team was super confident in him being able to backstop them. Once Andree stepped in to fill for him in game 3 and Ottawa lost the game, though, that confidence was blown. And the rest of the team began to play worse, too.

 

So, I wasn't intending to minimize the impact of losing DiPietro. Really, what I was trying to say was that Andree was not the only problem once DiPietro was injured. And I think we are more or less agreeing on that in the end.

ill say you have to be a little careful with backup goalie stats in junior.

 

Mooseheads backup McLaren had 1.81 gaa and .930% this year (better than Gravel the starter)... because they pretty much only played him against Acadie Bathurst and St John (who both were beyond pathetic).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Gotta assume he wins the Gretzky Trophy as playoff MVP

 

He got it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bbp said:

ill say you have to be a little careful with backup goalie stats in junior.

 

Mooseheads backup McLaren had 1.81 gaa and .930% this year (better than Gravel the starter)... because they pretty much only played him against Acadie Bathurst and St John (who both were beyond pathetic).

 

That's not quite the situation with DiPietro and Andree, though. Andree was the 67s' clear #1 until the deadline trade with Windsor Spitfires. After the trade,  they each played roughly 15-20 games, it's a bit difficult to tell the exact numbers. But about two thirds of Andree's starts were while he was still #1 -- and the 67s were leading the east division even back then. DiPietro's numbers with Ottawa (excluding the Windsor part of the season) are actually a bit lower, 2.51 GAA and 0.897 save percentage.

 

Even if Andree finished the season as a backup, I'd say that he was easily a better goalie than the majority of the OHL starters. But once DiPietro got injured, neither he nor the team ever gained the confidence to beat the Storm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tomh009 said:

 

That's not quite the situation with DiPietro and Andree, though. Andree was the 67s' clear #1 until the deadline trade with Windsor Spitfires. After the trade,  they each played roughly 15-20 games, it's a bit difficult to tell the exact numbers. But about two thirds of Andree's starts were while he was still #1 -- and the 67s were leading the east division even back then. DiPietro's numbers with Ottawa (excluding the Windsor part of the season) are actually a bit lower, 2.51 GAA and 0.897 save percentage.

 

Even if Andree finished the season as a backup, I'd say that he was easily a better goalie than the majority of the OHL starters. But once DiPietro got injured, neither he nor the team ever gained the confidence to beat the Storm.

Thats fair, I dont know the details of the OHL.

 

So excited for Memorial Cup this year though! Lots to watch as a habs fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bbp said:

So excited for Memorial Cup this year though! Lots to watch as a habs fan.

 

Definitely! Even with TV coverage (Sportsnet)!

 

2019 Memorial Cup presented by Kia Schedule:
Round-Robin Game 1 – WHL vs. Halifax on Friday May 17 at 8:00 pm ADT
Round-Robin Game 2 – QMJHL vs. OHL on Saturday May 18 at 4:30 pm ADT
Round-Robin Game 3 – Halifax vs. OHL on Sunday May 19 at 8:00 pm ADT
Round-Robin Game 4 – QMJHL vs. WHL on Monday May 20 at 8:00 pm ADT
Round-Robin Game 5 – OHL vs. WHL on Tuesday May 21 at 8:00 pm ADT
Round-Robin Game 6 – Halifax vs. QMJHL on Wednesday May 22 at 8:00 pm ADT

Tie-Breaker (if necessary) – Thursday May 23 at 8:00 pm ADT

 

Semi-Final – Friday May 24 at 8:00 pm ADT
Championship Final – Sunday May 26 at 8:00pm ADT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting very excited about the potential of Suzuki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prince Albert wins, Fonstad off to Memorial cup as well.

But, with just 9pts in 21gms (possibly fighting an injury) i wouldnt expect him to stand out.

He did have 73pts in 67gms in reg season, but team was #1 in the WHL standings and #1 in goal scoring

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will either get signed?

I kinda thought Walford was a lock to be signed.

 

June 1, 2019:
Jarret Tyszka (5/149, 2017 – Seattle, WHL)
Scott Walford (3/68, 2017 – Victoria, WHL)

Jarret Tyszka

Defense -- shoots L
Born Mar 15 1999 -- Langley, BC
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 6.03 -- Weight 193 [191 cm/88 kg]
Drafted by Montreal Canadiens
- round 5 #149 overall 2017 NHL Entry Draft
Jarret Tyszka hockey player photo 
 
 
  Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2014-15 Chilliwack Chiefs BCHL 4 0 0 0 0   -- -- -- -- --
2015-16 Seattle Thunderbirds WHL 48 3 3 6 14 -1 18 0 1 1 6
2016-17 Seattle Thunderbirds WHL 54 6 19 25 28 5 20 2 5 7 6
2017-18 Seattle Thunderbirds WHL 70 8 32 40 69 -11 3 0 1 1 2
2018-19 Seattle Thunderbirds WHL 41 8 22 30 34 2 6 0 5 5 4

Scott Walford

Defense -- shoots L
Born Jan 12 1999 -- Coquitlam, BC
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 6.02 -- Weight 198 [188 cm/90 kg]
Drafted by Montreal Canadiens
- round 3 #68 overall 2017 NHL Entry Draft
   
Scott Walford hockey player photo 
  Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2014-15 Victoria Royals WHL 2 0 0 0 0 2 -- -- -- -- --
2015-16 Victoria Royals WHL 36 1 10 11 12 8 13 2 4 6 6
2016-17 Victoria Royals WHL 60 6 24 30 36 -13 1 0 0 0 0
2017-18 Victoria Royals WHL 69 2 30 32 52 2 -- -- -- -- --
2018-19 Victoria Royals WHL 62 9 38 47 70 12 10 0 7 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why Walford isn't signed.  I thought both would, but said Tyszka was questionable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I don't understand why Walford isn't signed.  I thought both would, but said Tyszka was questionable. 

 

Same here.  Walford had a really good season and it's not like the left-side depth in Laval next year will be insurmountable.  Even if he had to start in the ECHL, that's not necessarily a bad thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice bit on Primeau from world championship by Godin in the Athletic.

 

" But Primeau stayed, taking shots from Dr. Weiss. Several Slovak players were sitting on the team bench, waiting for their turn to practice. At the other end, the Zamboni driver looked like he was about ready to lean on the horn. It’s as if Primeau didn’t want to come off.

The same story repeated throughout the tournament. Unlike the rest of the team, Primeau took no days off and was on the ice for a minimum of 30 minutes every day, with Reiter generally at his side."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DON said:

Nice bit on Primeau from world championship by Godin in the Athletic.

 

" But Primeau stayed, taking shots from Dr. Weiss. Several Slovak players were sitting on the team bench, waiting for their turn to practice. At the other end, the Zamboni driver looked like he was about ready to lean on the horn. It’s as if Primeau didn’t want to come off.

The same story repeated throughout the tournament. Unlike the rest of the team, Primeau took no days off and was on the ice for a minimum of 30 minutes every day, with Reiter generally at his side."

 

He didn't get into any games, but he worked hard throughout the tournament. I like his work ethic, in addition to the skills we have already seen.

 

It's a long way to go yet, but I think he's a credible prospect for a #1 goalie maybe 4-5 years from now. But first let's see how he does in the AHL next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite the season. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Commandant said:

Quite the season. 

 

 

<sarcasm on> That Marc Bergevin and his ego should be tarred and feathered and then kicked out of town, as well as that bum of Trevor Timmins and his incompetent croonies.... <\sarcasm off>

 

I look forward to seeing this group of prospects grow together into a cup contending team 

 

There is reason for hope in the future of the CH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 1:02 PM, Trizzak said:

I'm still calling for the entire 2017 draft class getting signed to elc's, so come on Bergevin get it done!

 

R.I.P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 6:01 PM, Trizzak said:

 

R.I.P

 

Seems like Walford was a surprise, and he'll get a shot elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question, what is the date for deciding overagers in the CHL?

Is it start of season, January 1st or something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bbp said:

Quick question, what is the date for deciding overagers in the CHL?

Is it start of season, January 1st or something else?

 

During the season a team can have 3 overagers on their roster at any time.

 

Its the start of the season.  But even after that, you can trade or cut an overager to make room for someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

During the season a team can have 3 overagers on their roster at any time.

 

Its the start of the season.  But even after that, you can trade or cut an overager to make room for someone else.

Okay so if someone turns 20 a week after the start of the season they dont count against the overager limit. Hence why there are always a handful of 21 year olds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×