Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

3 hours ago, DON said:

Matteau, Crisp, Johnston, Hanley, Thrower, Macmillan all bye bye.

Glad we don't have to see Johnston again. He was horrible even at the AHL games I watched.

22 minutes ago, Colin said:

Anyone know where Juulsen's game is? Developing? Stopped? Any potential or busting out?

I'd say his development is on track still.  He had a nice rebound offensively last season and still plays a sound defensive game.  He's on track to be a second pairing player down the road as things stand which was pretty much his ceiling when they drafted him.

29 minutes ago, Colin said:

What about Sherbak?

Not ready for full-time NHL duty.  Quite frankly, he's not that close to being ready.  He needs another full year and this will be the one that really paints a clearer picture of his NHL future.  He was a fair bit better last year and if he builds on that, the top six potential will still be there.  If not, he may start to look more like a 2nd/3rd line 'tweener', someone who has some offensive upside but other areas of his game hold him back.

• 2 weeks later...

I've hit the part of the offseason where it starts to become a lot more of a challenge to come up with semi-interesting articles every couple of days.  So, as I often do at this point of the summer, any prospect questions for a mailbag article?

I don't like it, Sweden has a good thing going, developing players to be NHL ready like no other league in Europe, why squander the opportunity to be a part of that?

Questions eh;

Will Hudon or McCarron be a NHL regular by the end of the year?

Odds Scherbak will ever be a NHL regular?

Where will McNivan and Fucale start the season?

Which AHL rookie do you think should do best this year ? Juulsen, Addison, Bourque, McNivan?

Not sure what ailment Reway had, but is the poor kid now highly unlikely to play NHL or even pro-hockey anymore?

Bergy seemed to like Lernout, should he spend another full year in AHL or be one of 1st injury call ups, play low minutes and have press box time like Pateryn?

Edited by DON
2nd thought
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Link67 said:

I don't like it, Sweden has a good thing going, developing players to be NHL ready like no other league in Europe, why squander the opportunity to be a part of that?

I think he wants to play at the pro level and he'll get that guarantee in Finland but Frolunda isn't willing to make that guarantee.

Guest Stogey24
43 minutes ago, DON said:

Questions eh;

Will Hudon or McCarron be a NHL regular by the end of the year?

Odds Scherbak will ever be a NHL regular?

Where will McNivan and Fucale start the season?

Which AHL rookie do you think should do best this year ? Juulsen, Addison, Bourque, McNivan?

Not sure what ailment Reway had, but is the poor kid now highly unlikely to play NHL or even pro-hockey anymore?

Bergy seemed to like Lernout, should he spend another full year in AHL or be one of 1st injury call ups, play low minutes and have press box time like Pateryn?

I think Hudon has a chip on his shoulder. Could impress this year 

49 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I think Hudon has a chip on his shoulder. Could impress this year 

I agree, I could really see him being the guy who takes advantage of an opportunity due to injury this year, I see his season playing out much like Lehkonen last year, a steady upward rise, getting more noticeable as his opportunities grow.

22 hours ago, DON said:

I think it was a heart issue with Reway.  Per Timmins, they're hoping to have him at training camp.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/trevor-timmins-answers-questions-submitted-by-fans/c-290386424

26 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think it was a heart issue with Reway.  Per Timmins, they're hoping to have him at training camp.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/trevor-timmins-answers-questions-submitted-by-fans/c-290386424

unfortunately I really think it is likely over for the kid, Life over hockey, and it is too bad, the NHL was really starting to be a welcome place for players with insane talent but small size.

2 hours ago, Link67 said:

unfortunately I really think it is likely over for the kid, Life over hockey, and it is too bad, the NHL was really starting to be a welcome place for players with insane talent but small size.

yes, he seemed to be shifty, smart with puck; couple times he crossed blue line and just tossed puck in air towards slot and instantly creates a free for all in front of net, just seemed a smart unusual play.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, Link67 said:

He just said he'll probably be at camp. Where do you get his career is over

19 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

He just said he'll probably be at camp. Where do you get his career is over

Its a heart condition, those things are unpredictable at best, he is far from a lock to be back on track with his career. And if in the end he made the choice that an unestablished hockey career is not worth the health risks involved, no one would blame him.

besides i didn't State that his career was over, I said I think it will, and that life is more important than hockey.

On 7/19/2017 at 4:51 PM, Link67 said:

Its a heart condition, those things are unpredictable at best, he is far from a lock to be back on track with his career. And if in the end he made the choice that an unestablished hockey career is not worth the health risks involved, no one would blame him.

besides i didn't State that his career was over, I said I think it will, and that life is more important than hockey.

If he's back on the ice, I think it's safe to say he's had a complete recovery. I would not count this guy out at all.

We'll just have to see. Hopefully we have a Lehkonen 2.0 on the way.

11 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

If he's back on the ice, I think it's safe to say he's had a complete recovery. I would not count this guy out at all.

We'll just have to see. Hopefully we have a Lehkonen 2.0 on the way.

In short video of him at Czech practice, he appeared very winded and looked chubby. So think his recovery to pro level shape is a ways off yet.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker