Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

So, Joni Ikonen is finally getting ready to play again. He has been skating for a while and is ready for full contact. He thinks he might be ready for Liiga games in January or February, but it might be challenging for him to crack the lineup, as he has missed almost two years due to his injuries -- and Ilves is battling for the overall first place in Liiga.

Nevertheless, it will be good to see him on the ice, and see whether he still has the similar potential as he had before his injuries. He says he has gained a lot of strength, and he has now been skating, but missing two years of games will not have helped his development.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

So, Joni Ikonen is finally getting ready to play again. He has been skating for a while and is ready for full contact. He thinks he might be ready for Liiga games in January or February, but it might be challenging for him to crack the lineup, as he has missed almost two years due to his injuries -- and Ilves is battling for the overall first place in Liiga.

Nevertheless, it will be good to see him on the ice, and see whether he still has the similar potential as he had before his injuries. He says he has gained a lot of strength, and he has now been skating, but missing two years of games will not have helped his development.

I hope the COVID flaky calendars and need for talented players gives him the opportunity to play. I hope he re-establishes himself as a prospect, at least sufficiently to be traded by the Habs for something meaningful

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I hope the COVID flaky calendars and need for talented players gives him the opportunity to play. I hope he re-establishes himself as a prospect, at least sufficiently to be traded by the Habs for something meaningful

On a personal level, I hope he recovers enough to be able to fulfill his dream of playing in the NHL. Ideally in a Habs sweater, but at this point his dream is endangered, and I really do feel for him.

33 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

On a personal level, I hope he recovers enough to be able to fulfill his dream of playing in the NHL. Ideally in a Habs sweater, but at this point his dream is endangered, and I really do feel for him.

I hope the same for him, but my Habs fanaticism took over when I posted

• Upvote 1

Jesse Ylönen on his way to Montreal for Rockets training camp

https://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/canadien-jesse-ylonen-en-route-vers-montreal-1.9276450

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Jesse Ylönen on his way to Montreal for Rockets training camp

https://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/canadien-jesse-ylonen-en-route-vers-montreal-1.9276450

Or a trade ? :hyper: PLD :hyper:

18 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Or a trade ? :hyper: PLD :hyper:

I love the idea, but expect Ylönen would be a 4th or 5th piece in a deal ... not a key part

I’m at the Chicago Steel game today to see Farrell in person. 

Go phantoms, but Farrell can score a few for the Steel lol

• Like 1

Caufield 1g (7)

Harris 1a

Gorniak, Struble 0pts

Farrell 2a (17gms 32pts in USHL); many said this was a nice choice by Habs with 124th pick. Good practice year for him with Harvard shutdown for year.

farrell.jpg

52 minutes ago, DON said:

Caufield 1g (7)

Harris 1a

Gorniak, Struble 0pts

Farrell 2a (17gms 32pts in USHL); many said this was a nice choice by Habs with 124th pick. Good practice year for him with Harvard shutdown for year.

farrell.jpg

He didn’t stand out in the game I saw, but that’s not a shot. He was good. Didn’t see a gaffe. It was an afternoon game in the second of a back to back. The whole team wasn’t sharp - also perhaps because Youngstown isn’t winning this year so they didn’t bring their A game. 

That said - he seemed to win every single face off. Also his line seemed to play other positions - like he didn’t take every face off and sometimes during the shift, he was playing wing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DON said:

... Farrell 2a (17gms 32pts in USHL); many said this was a nice choice by Habs with 124th pick. Good practice year for him with Harvard shutdown for year.

He is likely playing below his level but I am a fan of players, if possible, dominating before stepping up a level ... I believe it helps "cement" their confidence that they can excel.

• Upvote 1

Elliotte Friedman - 31 Thoughts

21. The Rangers signed 2020 first-rounder Braden Schneider to an AHL-only deal, and that’s going to be a trend. Schneider plays for WHL Brandon, but until that league plays, he can go to the AHL... 

Wonder if Habs will do the same with Guhle, Mysak or anyone else?

18 hours ago, Commandant said:

Guhle is already signed.  He could play in the AHL under his 2way ELC and it would have an entry level slide and not burn a year.

Just to piggyback off this so everyone's aware, that's only as long as the WHL isn't playing.  But if they do start late next month as planned, Guhle has to go back to junior.

19 hours ago, DON said:

Will be interesting.

I doubt it...based on nothing, other than the kids would likely be in over their heads in the AHL?

I guess they might travel and practice with team, till WHL or OHL fires up.