Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

I know CHL is very strict on keeping bonus$$/perks from the players (or teams giving plane tickets to their families).

But for a situation like Bozon, I would hope Molson would be able to (already have?) help him/family with some expenses? Or is that taboo also?

That's a good question. Bozon has his bonus money from this year already, the CHL can't block that from the players if they're under NHL contract. They're stingy when it comes to junior teams paying under the table for stuff, I'm not sure what their rules are for NHL teams doing so. The fact that there's a trust fund suggests that the Habs can't (or won't, I suspect the former though) cover all of the costs at least.

Downgrading your expectations for poor Jack dlbalr? He is Conboy-Shultz quality you expect? Likely.

Anyways, he has 1g 1a vs Remparts, 6pts in 5 games (3rd period) isn't too bad for a goon.

Downgrading your expectations for poor Jack dlbalr? He is Conboy-Shultz quality you expect? Likely.

Anyways, he has 1g 1a vs Remparts, 6pts in 5 games (3rd period) isn't too bad for a goon.

Nevins will be pretty low in the prospect rankings next year. In his OA year, he's barely a top six guy which doesn't bode well for his future in terms of skill. Are his pugilistic abilities alone enough to get him to the next level? I don't see it happening, not with a guy like Crisp ahead of him or even Fournier (who isn't a pure tough guy but has more talent). I think he has benefited from a couple of hot streaks at times this year (perhaps now is one, good timing for sure) but I'm not sold on him moving forward on being more than AHL depth.

Nevins will be pretty low in the prospect rankings next year. In his OA year, he's barely a top six guy which doesn't bode well for his future in terms of skill. Are his pugilistic abilities alone enough to get him to the next level? I don't see it happening, not with a guy like Crisp ahead of him or even Fournier (who isn't a pure tough guy but has more talent). I think he has benefited from a couple of hot streaks at times this year (perhaps now is one, good timing for sure) but I'm not sold on him moving forward on being more than AHL depth.

Bergevin I think wants more grit and he was a semi-hot commodity when Timmins went to check him out and he chose Habs, but he also washed out of OHL so I was never that 'pumped' about him, but hope for the best.

De la Rose had a goal and an assist today but Leksand's team lost and has been eliminated from the U-20 postseason. I wonder if now they'll try to get him signed.

Doubt will take too long, Bergevin-Timmins seemed very 'proud' of de la Rose at world juniors.

Bozon was at Ice-Hitman game, looked a bit pale and thin, but to be expected I suppose.

Kootenay big upset over Calgary in six games.

(S Reinhart with 17points in series, he is one slick/calm/smart player)

Windsor allowed six goals in game one and two and then allowed eight with Kuchmey in net and Vail goes ahead and throws a line about him needing to stop one or two. Game four the whole team played better and they only allowed four. It was tossing Kuchmey under the bus as far as I'm concerned and Boughner did the same.

It's important to know that Kuchmey wanted to leave the game a few months back but the Spitfires told him to stay. Leaving him in for eight because the starter has the flu and they didn't want to call up their Junior B goalie was ridiculous.

Remember that Kuchemy quit on the team mid-game. Does Vail throw him under the bus if Kuchemy is a good teammate and plays out the game? Probably not IMO. Kuchemy abandoned his team.

As for not calling up the junior A goalie... I get that. His team was in the junior A championship.

I know CHL is very strict on keeping bonus$$/perks from the players (or teams giving plane tickets to their families).

But for a situation like Bozon, I would hope Molson would be able to (already have?) help him/family with some expenses? Or is that taboo also?

Would violate the CBA if he is given any money that is not included in his contract. Would be a violation of the salary cap.

Remember that Kuchemy quit on the team mid-game. Does Vail throw him under the bus if Kuchemy is a good teammate and plays out the game? Probably not IMO. Kuchemy abandoned his team.

As for not calling up the junior A goalie... I get that. His team was in the junior A championship.

If Price was sick would you not call up Tokarski if he was in the Calder cup finals? Let's not be dumb here.

If Price was sick would you not call up Tokarski if he was in the Calder cup finals? Let's not be dumb here.

If it's Budaj getting the start in place of Price, I'd call up Mayer/Dubnyk before Tokarski in that situation...even Condon probably. The call-up is just for emergency reasons so I wouldn't take my best goalie away if they're in the Calder Cup Finals for a one game situation. (If it were longer term, I'd pull up Tokarski though.)

The Fotinos ailment was a DTD thing, they could have gotten away with a lesser goalie backing up just for that game. The question is though, did they have a 4th string goalie that they could have recalled?

If it's Budaj getting the start in place of Price, I'd call up Mayer/Dubnyk before Tokarski in that situation...even Condon probably. The call-up is just for emergency reasons so I wouldn't take my best goalie away if they're in the Calder Cup Finals for a one game situation. (If it were longer term, I'd pull up Tokarski though.)

You would call up a goalie that would give you a weaker chance at winning just to protect an AHL game?

Price gets sick. Budaj to start. Budaj gets injured first period. You'd rather see Mayer in the net because Tokarski might win a game in the Calder Cup finals? That's ridiculous.

You would call up a goalie that would give you a weaker chance at winning just to protect an AHL game?

Price gets sick. Budaj to start. Budaj gets injured first period. You'd rather see Mayer in the net because Tokarski might win a game in the Calder Cup finals? That's ridiculous.

Odds of goalie getting hurt and need a back-up to take over are?

The Habs are more than likely in trouble either way if they're forced to use an AHL goalie in a late postseason game whether it's Tokarski, Mayer, or anyone else so I'd rather not screw over both teams if I could help it. For the record, I think they'd take Tokarski regardless of the situation though, the NHL team takes priority, especially late in the playoffs.

In Windsor's case, they were going to lose either way, it was pretty evident after Game 2 that a sweep was on the horizon. Why hurt your prospects' chance of moving on to the next round and furthering his development by sticking him in as a backup in a game they were highly likely to get shelled in anyway? I'm guessing they didn't have another goalie available to recall though.

Fucale get more action, 26 shots, wins again and 2nd star.

Reway shutout and -1.

McCarron gets tying goal in 3rd.(4points in 5games)

Gregoire assists on Hudons' goal, both have 8pts

Nevins gets his 4th and ol goon doing well, 7pts-+7

Fucale get more action, 26 shots, wins again and 2nd star.

Reway shutout and -1.

McCarron gets tying goal in 3rd.(4points in 5games)

Gregoire assists on Hudons' goal, both have 8pts

Nevins gets his 4th and ol goon doing well, 7pts-+7

Nice to see that McCarron is contributions. Looks as though he is growing as a player.

Nice to see that McCarron is contributions. Looks as though he is growing as a player.

I heard his goal in Friday's game was a nice one (on SPortsnet) and he is just such a big teenager, likely will take a bit to get fully co-ordinated? Hope so anyways.

I heard his goal in Friday's game was a nice one (on SPortsnet) and he is just such a big teenager, likely will take a bit to get fully co-ordinated? Hope so anyways.

Hugh Jessiman was a guy who seemed to come out of nowhere in Dartmouth which let him get drafted high (12th overall, 2003). His second season wasn't better than his first and then got injured to miss his third season. He then tried going pro after and while point per game in the ECHL, was a half point player in the AHL.

Mike McCarron is a bit different. He worked his way up by being an underager on U16 and U18 teams and playing respectably. Scouts knew who he was. Like Jessiman he took an injury in year three but it wasn't season ending. Jessiman also tried to jump from ECAC to AHL whereas McCarron is developing in the OHL. His first half was poor but since moving to center his work ethic is starting to produce results.

No two players are the same but I'm sure a lot of Habs fans think Jessiman when they saw the McCarron drafting. McCarron will be in London next year, even if he does some huge developing in the playoffs. That's where we will see him maybe even at center in their top six. It's that season where we see if he can handle added responsibility as an overager. Knights fans are already slotting him on the second line at center without certainty of who gets first line minutes. He could be on the top line with the right start. If he stays healthy, we'll have a much better idea of what Mike McCarron will be.

After that, he likely won't be NHL bound. He'll be AHL bound. I'm betting Bergevin shows tight patience with him. After a year in the AHL it'll be a question of whether he needs another or if he can contribute in the bottom six in 2016-2017.

And even if he doesn't become much of an offensive player in the NHL? Hopefully we still see some of this:

frsLYw.gif

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker