Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Bournival with a goal (28g 53pts in 38 gms)

Ellis with an assist (50 pts in 57 gms)

Pateryn named one of three d-men for CCHA d of the year award

I remember either last year or year before, Pierre McQuire was saying how bad Grabovski trade was and "the Habs got what.. a Greg Pateryn!" and he had a good chuckle bout that. Just out of spite, i hope Pateryn is Norris winner in 6 or 7 years,.

Is there a more friggin annoying "Hockey Expert" than McQuire? Well i suppose Glen Healy, Don Cherry and Mike Milbury are all just are as bad.

I remember either last year or year before, Pierre McQuire was saying how bad Grabovski trade was and "the Habs got what.. a Greg Pateryn!" and he had a good chuckle bout that. Just out of spite, i hope Pateryn is Norris winner in 6 or 7 years,.

Is there a more friggin annoying "Hockey Expert" than McQuire? Well i suppose Glen Healy, Don Cherry and Mike Milbury are all just are as bad.

I really believe Milbury is the worst given his history as a gm and the amazing moves he made haha

DiPietro, Luongo, Jokinen, Chara... exc... haha

North Dakota wins their first round series 2-0

Mark MacMillan with 1 goal in game 1, and 3 assists in Game 2

Dany Kristo unfortunately scoreless for the weekend

Michigan wins their first round series 2-0

Mac Bennett one assist in game 1.

Pateryn scoreless in the series.

However the duo was used as Michigan's shutdown defence pair.

Good interview in Le Soleil with Olivier Archambault.

http://www.cyberpres...51_section_POS1

The young man is finally maturing. He learned to be more responsible defensively, plays more of a north-south game than before and his coach likes him. Archambault was back on the ice Friday, after being sidelined with a concussion. That guy has a lot of talent; he could be a sleeper.

It's good to remember that McGuire was also the most annoying coach when he had a spell in the NHL. So annoying in fact that Jagr once dedicated a game winner to him after beating the Whalers. However, McGuire is really good at schmoozing which is why despite no coaching experience in over a decade he's somehow a GM candidate for some teams.

I think Healy is pretty annoying but I don't put him on the same level as Cherry, McGuire or Milbury.

Cherry is the all-time worst. Milbury is his American counterpart. When Cherry finally croaks I hope CBC does the right thing and replaces him with Jeremy Roenick, who is both insightful and entertaining. He's my dream come true of the NHL getting a Charles Barkley type personality in commentating.

Mark MacMilan seems to be settling in at ND and i think he had more icetime than Kristo did on weekend?

If he can add 10-20lbs over next couple years, he could be another good pick and looks good even as a freshman.

Mark MacMilan seems to be settling in at ND and i think he had more icetime than Kristo did on weekend?

If he can add 10-20lbs over next couple years, he could be another good pick and looks good even as a freshman.

MacMillan has had a very good season as a 2nd liner on a North Dakota team that always has talent. His numbers may not look great at first glance, but when you keep in mind he's a freshman, they are very good. He is skinny as a bean pole though, so he needs more time at ND putting on some weight.

Holland picked up his 80th assist over the weekend making him the first WHL'er to reach that mark since 1996-97.

Holland was a +5 in the last game, which is also a hard stat to get i would think? With he, Bournival, Tinordi, Pateryn, Ellis the Bulldogs defensive #s should be quite a bit improved over this years.

Everyone (including myself) seems to just assume Pateryn will be on the Bulldogs, but has there been any indication that that will actually happen?

Not to be smart, but, was there any indication Ellis or Holland would be signed before they were? I would guess 70+% chance he gets signed.

Also Commandant posted this,

"Pateryn named one of three d-men for CCHA d of the year award"

so i would guess almost a sure bet?

Everyone (including myself) seems to just assume Pateryn will be on the Bulldogs, but has there been any indication that that will actually happen?

Not yet officially. His season is still ongoing so there can't be any official rumblngs so to speak.

Not to be smart, but, was there any indication Ellis or Holland would be signed before they were? I would guess 70+% chance he gets signed.

Also Commandant posted this,

"Pateryn named one of three d-men for CCHA d of the year award"

so i would guess almost a sure bet?

It's just that he is a prospect that doesn't come with much hype. Holland, Ellis, Bournival, and Tinordi have all been talked about at length and glowingly all season. The only thing anyone has to say about Pateryn is "oh yeah, the guy who will play for Hamilton next season."

Is he a guarantee or an iffy? A Tinordi or a Kishel?

It's just that he is a prospect that doesn't come with much hype. Holland, Ellis, Bournival, and Tinordi have all been talked about at length and glowingly all season. The only thing anyone has to say about Pateryn is "oh yeah, the guy who will play for Hamilton next season."

Is he a guarantee or an iffy? A Tinordi or a Kishel?

I'd classify him as an iffy in terms of potential. Joe Stejskal has done nothing this year and came out of a similar situation. Granted, Pateryn's a little more touted but the same thing could easily happen to him.

If i had to rank it I would say 80% chance Pateryn gets an ELC.

Hes been real good at Michigan.

They will probably be an at large for the frozen four tourney even if they lose in the conference playoffs so his season will have at least 2-3 more weeks minimum

I really think the only way he's not given an ELC from the Habs is if he decides to pull the free agency card on us.

I really think the only way he's not given an ELC from the Habs is if he decides to pull the free agency card on us.

I don't think he can. He doesn't fit into the loophole that Kristo and Bennett do.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker