Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

I thought Juulsen's output last year had expectations a bit too high for him this year. I'd have liked to have seen a bit more offence out of him (his team being so defensive-oriented made that a bit harder) but from what I saw of him, he was better in his own end so he still made some progress this year.

Nygren's team has been eliminated in 5 games. I'm not sure he'll be in the mix for the Worlds this year but you never know.

Guest Stogey24

I just read an article about Nygren. He was saying he would love to play for Montreal and that the hope is still there to play in the NHL one day.

I just read an article about Nygren. He was saying he would love to play for Montreal and that the hope is still there to play in the NHL one day.

The only way he plays for the Habs is if they sign him this summer in the transfer window as he still has three more years left on his contract over there (and then he actually makes the team). He becomes a UFA the following summer.

Guest Stogey24

The only way he plays for the Habs is if they sign him this summer in the transfer window as he still has three more years left on his contract over there (and then he actually makes the team). He becomes a UFA the following summer.

Ya, he was saying he's never really in touch with anyone from the Habs. Doubt we'll see him in a Habs jersey.

Ya, he was saying he's never really in touch with anyone from the Habs. Doubt we'll see him in a Habs jersey.

Considering he bolted from their farm team (and last year, went home instead of working with their doctors), that's not all that surprising. The QO to retain his rights I suspect was primarily for trade purposes. If Nygren had a big year, then maybe they could get a conditional draft pick, similar to the Philip Larsen trade a couple of weeks back.

Earlier in the week I posted a piece about where the unsigned prospects are in their respective postseasons: http://www.habsworld.net/2016/03/prospects-in-the-playoffs-2/

CHL update:

- McNiven shut out London in Game 2, that series is 1-1.

- Audette had a point in a 3-2 loss, that series is also 1-1. Audette has three points thus far.

- Bourque's team lost in OT to tie that series at 1 apiece. Bourque has an assist in each game.

- Addison had a three point game in Game 1 but was injured and missed Game 2 yesterday. Ottawa trails 2-0.

- Juulsen is pointless in both games but his team is up 2-0 on Portland.

Juulsen is the first Hab prospect to move onto the next round of the CHL playoffs after Everett swept Portland. That's the good news. The bad news is that the other four are all one game away from being eliminated.

McNiven pulled off another win yesterday to stave off elimination. London still leads 3-2 though.

Bourque picked up an assist and Rimouski won to stay alive.

Audette got an assist in what is likely his final junior game as Sherbrooke was eliminated last night.

Addison was pointless in Ottawa's loss to Niagara, eliminating the 67's.

Audette and Addison are now eligible to go to St. John's (assuming both are healthy). It would make sense to bring both over there too since Audette is already signed for next year while Addison is AHL eligible but not yet under contract.

Some good news for Hayden Hawkey, Providence's #1 goalie (Nick Ellis) has opted to forego his senior year and has signed with Edmonton. This opens up the chance for Hawkey to battle for the starting job next season.

Lehkonen 3pts in 5gms of 2nd series, 10gms 7g 4a in playoffs so far. Frolunda is up 3-2 in series so he will be moving on today with a win.

Lehkonen 1a in 8-2 win, only played 12+minutes, rested him a bit maybe? On to his next series.

With that much of a lead, they could afford to be cautious with their top line. He's really impressing this postseason.

Lehkonen's playoffs so far:

14 Points ( First in SHL)
8 Goals (first in SHL, better yet 7 of 8 at even strength)
2 GWG (first in SHL)
41 Shots on Goal (third in SHL)

All that at 20 years of age with only 16:19 TOI per game average.

Lehkonen's playoffs so far:

14 Points ( First in SHL)

8 Goals (first in SHL, better yet 7 of 8 at even strength)

2 GWG (first in SHL)

41 Shots on Goal (third in SHL)

All that at 20 years of age with only 16:19 TOI per game average.

Who would be a good comparable to quality of euro prospect? Daniel Alfredsson?

Jakob Silfverberg led the SHL playoffs in scoring before joining the Sens. He was a little bit older (but also scored more in the regular season).

All things considered thats not a bad comparable in terms of numbers.

Noah Juulsen's Silvertips have been ousted with the Hab prospect missing the last three games after getting injured blocking a shot. That leaves Lehkonen as the last prospect standing (at least until the Worlds start).

One former Hab prospect is in the news as there are reports out there that Daniel Pribyl (a Montreal 6th rounder in 2011) is nearing a deal with Calgary. He was a point-per-game player in the Czech Extraliga this season. (Pribyl's draft class was the last of the international players that had only two years after being drafted to sign - that's now at four years.)

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker