Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

The OHL trade freeze is now up and the expectation seems to be that Will Bitten is likely to be moved unless they can convince him to report back to Flint for next season. (His father had said last season that if the owner was still there for next year - and he is - that Bitten wouldn't play for them moving forward.)

This is what Flint's new GM had to say about the new Montreal prospect:

"The bottom line is Will is probably our best player and will score 85-100 points the next couple of years, if not more," said GM George Burnett, brought in by the league to run the hockey side of the Firebirds. "He is a terrific talent and he makes us better. We'll continue to dialogue with his camp. I would be doing this organization an injustice if we were to consider moving a player of his calibre -- or any other player -- for draft picks. If you look at our draft grid, we have a lot of picks. I know it was a down year, but the team has to be first and foremost.

Full article (it's a couple of weeks old but goes over what that team is dealing with in terms of trying to get full value for their veterans that don't want to play there): http://www.lfpress.com/2016/07/27/flint-firebirds-rebuilding-but-wary-of-losing-players-like-will-bitten-when-the-ohls-trade-freeze-thaw

I definitely want him in Windsor or Saginaw.

Ottawa seems to be the expected landing spot. That wouldn't be the worst outcome as he'd still be a top liner there. I'd like to see him stay with Flint as he'd be their top player and would see a boatload of minutes in all situations.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeremiah Addison was traded to the Spitfires.

That makes sending him back to junior more of an intriguing possibility since Windsor's hosting the Memorial Cup. That said, I still hope they give him a look in the AHL preseason to see if he could help down there. The trade was structured with that possibility as the two picks Ottawa gets (aside from the swap of 15th's) are conditional ones - believed to be second rounders that I imagine are contingent on him getting sent back to junior.

It's looking like Koberstein's college team could be folding following 2016-17 due to budget problems. He'll still have two years of NCAA eligibility left after next season and while he should be able to transfer, the usual rule says that players who do so would have to sit a season. (Though I'd hope they'd make an exception if the program were to fold.) The final decision appears to be coming in November.

http://www.uscho.com/2016/08/18/very-very-trying-times-financially-put-future-of-alaska-alaska-anchorage-programs-in-question/

http://www.ktva.com/university-weighs-3-options-for-athletic-budgets-preps-for-deep-cuts-349/

The first weekend of Champions League play is in the books. The Habs have three prospects playing currently (well, one prospect and two players likely to stay overseas:

Lehkonen: 2 GP, 0 points, 0 PIMS, +1, 2 shots on net (he was the third line centre today)

Nygren: 2 GP, 1 assist, 2 PIMS, even rating, 8 shots on net

Nattinen: 1 GP, 0 points, 2 PIMS, 1 shot on net

If bored, Will BItten (70th pick) highlight compilation is entertaining and pretty impressive.

Victor Mete (100th pick) compilation and he can skate well that is for sure (as can Bitten)

Artturi Lehkonen scores in the Champions Hockey League. His coach Roger Rönnberg doesn't think he'll be back after Montréal's camp.

— Uffe Bodin (@UffeBodin) August 27, 2016
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Would almost think playing games would be preferable than a rookie camp, but I guess the small rinks will take an adjustment period.

Would almost think playing games would be preferable than a rookie camp, but I guess the small rinks will take an adjustment period.

If Lehkonen was headed for the AHL, I'd probably agree with you but if they envision him in Montreal, I think they'll want their coaches working with him as soon as possible, even if it means playing against lesser competition for a little bit.

Bourque 3a in 2 pre-season gms

Lehkonen 1g in 6gms

Not sure if already posted, but Habs kid roster for that 4 team exhibition.

Goalies:
Zach Fucale
Charlie Lindgren
Michael McNiven

Defencemen:
Simon Bourque
Arvid Henrikson
Ryan Johnston
Noah Juulsen
Brett Lernout
Victor Mete
Thomas Parisi
Mikhail Sergachev
Michael Zipp

Forwards:
Jeremiah Addison
Daniel Audette
William Bitten
Matthew Bradley
Scott Eansor
Markus Eisenschmid
Giovanni Fiore
Jeremy Gregoire
Artturi Lehkonen
Michael McCarron
Hayden McCool
Petrus Palmu
Michael Pezzetta
Martin Reway
Nikita Scherbak

Guest Stogey24

Will Bitten has not reported for the opening of Flint's training camp. It appears he's still holding out for a trade.

I was reading how pissed Bitten was when the g.m trader away all of their players. He said he basically went into a depression playing there.

Will Bitten has not reported for the opening of Flint's training camp. It appears he's still holding out for a trade.

I think he will get his trade, he is a pretty good prospect/player

Would love to see a young guy take the next step this year!

Which one will become a full time NHLer? Andrighetto would be my guess, or McCarron simply because he is a bit unique and if a Tom Wilson type runs over Gallagher, who else do you toss out there? Not that I agree, but could easily see it playing out like that.

Guest Stogey24

Ya, I see McCarron having a shot, just due to his size.

I also think Hudon is going to have big camp. The kid seems hungry.

Andrighetto has potential , but he's a good I could see getting moved

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker