Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Lehkonen sat out pre-season game today. On his way West perhaps (but rookie camp isn't till the 15th), or simply healthy and resting?

I think I read somewhere that he'd heading over on the 12th. He's played in all the Champions League games so far so it's not surprising to think they'd rest him and other regulars for some the preseason tilts. Plus, with their coach saying they don't expect him back, their priority in the exhibition games is going to be trying to find the best fit for his replacement.

An article on Bitten, including commentary from Timmins (who doesn't seem particularly worried about Bitten's holdout of sorts). There's a rumour floating around that a trade may be getting closer for him as well: http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/67ea9ab4-6dcb-4350-980f-bbd181ab05b0%7C_0.html

He's holding out to goto Ottawa, but I've heard the Habs might talk him into accepting another team. I guess he said no to London.

Juulsen gets 1a, 1g1a in 2pre-season gms. How will he look at Hab camp wonder? Can he be 100% recovered from broken jaw and weight loss?

McNivan stopped all 18 shots in 1/2 gm couple days ago.

Juulsen gets 1a, 1g1a in 2pre-season gms. How will he look at Hab camp wonder? Can he be 100% recovered from broken jaw and weight loss?

He was healthy and playing in the junior summer series so he should have been able to put on some of that lost weight since then. I think he'll make a decent impression although I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't there for long. (Petry, Pateryn, Redmond, and Lernout at least would all be ahead in the pecking order, probably Johnston too.) I think he'll get a game or two and then head back to Everett.

He was healthy and playing in the junior summer series so he should have been able to put on some of that lost weight since then. I think he'll make a decent impression although I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't there for long. (Petry, Pateryn, Redmond, and Lernout at least would all be ahead in the pecking order, probably Johnston too.) I think he'll get a game or two and then head back to Everett.

His saving grace is that we have 3 Dmen (yes 2 of them LHD) who are away at the World Cup. Which may leave him in camp longer, even if playing the wrong side.

His saving grace is that we have 3 Dmen (yes 2 of them LHD) who are away at the World Cup. Which may leave him in camp longer, even if playing the wrong side.

There's still the St. John's guys that will be around though. Their preseason doesn't start until the 6th so they'll still be in Montreal until probably the 3rd or so. Five of Montreal's seven preseason games will be done by then and the final two will largely be NHL'ers anyways (plus maybe fringe guys like Samuelsson, Terry, etc). If Juulsen had a shot at making the team like Sergachev seems to, I could see them keeping him around longer but I think he'll still be among the early cuts to get him back to junior quickly.

Can Mike Zipp skate well enough to make any impression at rookie camp?

For him to make it this far, I think he's pretty much a lock to move on past this camp no matter what type of impression he makes in the rookie tourney. There's still a lack of depth on St. John's back end and he's the only invite at the rookie camp at that position. I think the bigger test for him will be the Colemans Cup series in early October.

Who would you say got better kid in trade Flames (Shinkaruk) or Canucks (Granlund)?

Flames?

Do you feel Goldobin and Sprong are (will be) that much better than Scherbak?

Who would you say got better kid in trade Flames (Shinkaruk) or Canucks (Granlund)?

Flames?

Do you feel Goldobin and Sprong are (will be) that much better than Scherbak?

Shinkaruk easily.

Goldobin and Sprong are ahead of Scherbak cause they carry less risk right now. Scherbak is very talented, but his first pro season was injury plagued, and there were times he didn't play well. A strong year this year and he'd shoot way up... but i can't ignore a bad season and the risk that entails.

Thanks,

I was kinda thinking Shinkaruk would of been a good option in 2013, but Canucks grabbed him then we luckily got McCarron...yee haw.

So seems just another odd deal for Canucks to make.

Thanks,

I was kinda thinking Shinkaruk would of been a good option in 2013, but Canucks grabbed him then we luckily got McCarron...yee haw.

So seems just another odd deal for Canucks to make.

It was a dumb deal then and even more so now - Granlund's not yet established as a regular NHL'er and is already waiver eligible. Either they'll have to hold onto a fringe player or risk losing their return for Shinkaruk on waivers barely seven months after the trade was made.

It was a dumb deal then and even more so now - Granlund's not yet established as a regular NHL'er and is already waiver eligible. Either they'll have to hold onto a fringe player or risk losing their return for Shinkaruk on waivers barely seven months after the trade was made.

Jim Benning is the biggest dunce in the league. Remember when he was linked to every GM opening for like three years?

He also got tossed in last night's game (instigator in the final 5 minutes earned him 2, 5, and a game).

Saw the 7 PIMs, but assumed was check from behind or something, not a fight.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker