2011-12 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People," Thomas' statement read. "This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government."

"Because I believe this," the statement continued, "today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL."

How could it not be about politics when his stated reason for not going is political?

According to the Bruins 2011-12 Media Guide.

Tim Thomas

Person you would most like to have dinner with: Glenn Beck

That says it all right there.

Ouch. But I wouldn't be surprised if NHLers on average are significantly less liberal than the average Westerners.

I'm a bit annoyed that Michalek made it over Cole or Pacioretty. I'm sure there are fans of other teams that have some ideas of their players who should be there. Welcome back Jets but no ASG goodies for you. Sorry. I guess the policy is now a nod to the hosting franchise of the ASG. Maybe part of the message is that if a team isn't doing well they should be shunned. But there must be 3 Leafs & 3 Sens I guess. Three Bruins but they're the champs I guess. The rookies that will take part in some of the skills competition doesn't compensate for this obvious policy.

At least Price is our team representive. I won't lose sleep over it since I'm really getting used to these Bettman and clown company characters.

Money talks as does the foolish fan balloting and selection process.

Hahahaha, one of my friends took a look at Team Canada Jr 2005 cap hit. 73M$ish

Sick team ! And not even a star goalie...

Goaltender

Rejean Beauchemin - Jeff Glass

Defence

Cam Barker - Shawn Belle

Braydon Coburn - Dion Phaneuf

Brent Seabrook - Shea Weber

Forward

Patrice Bergeron - Jeff Carter - Mike Richards

Sidney Crosby - Nigel Dawes - Anthony Stewart

Colin Fraser - Ryan Getzlaf - Andrew Ladd

Clarke MacArthur - Corey Perry - Kyle Quincey

Goaltender

Defence

Cam Barker - Shawn Belle

Forward

Wow... the lines... they are terrifying!

Goaltender

Defence

Cam Barker - Shawn Belle

Forward

Who are the two skaters who stand out as having very little NHL success? The two who were once part of the Habs' organization. Nice claim to fame on quite possibly the best junior team ever.

Who are the two skaters who stand out as having very little NHL success? The two who were once part of the Habs' organization. Nice claim to fame on quite possibly the best junior team ever.

Yeah that kinda hurts...

Its not that surprising when the team is made mostly of 2003 first round draft picks and Sidney Crosby. Our 2003 pick wasn't Canadian.

Oh that draft hurts me... I mean AK is good... but Kesler, Weber, Parise, Getzlaf, Richards... man...

Oh that draft hurts me... I mean AK is good... but Kesler, Weber, Parise, Getzlaf, Richards... man...

I know, it sucks, but at least it wasn't Hugh Jessiman. At least AK became a decent NHLer while all those guys became great. The pick that hurts me more though is Cory Urquhart. There was so much talent still there and he was a terrible AHLer for crying out loud.Patrice Bergeron, Matt Carle, Shea Weber, corey Crawford, David Backes, Jimmy Howard, all 2nd rounders taken after Urquhart.

I know, it sucks, but at least it wasn't Hugh Jessiman. At least AK became a decent NHLer while all those guys became great. The pick that hurts me more though is Cory Urquhart. There was so much talent still there and he was a terrible AHLer for crying out loud.Patrice Bergeron, Matt Carle, Shea Weber, corey Crawford, David Backes, Jimmy Howard, all 2nd rounders taken after Urquhart.

I think every team that picked before NAS in the second is kicking themselves...

I think every team that picked before NAS in the second is kicking themselves...

True, and I'm not necessarily saying just him (cause obviously a ton of teams missed him) my point was that Urquhart was a total bust and there were a bunch of decent NHLers still on the board... not just him.

Who cares ? Sam Gagner has 4 goals - 4 assists tonight and the game isn't even over yet.

Any other night, Ward's stats are amazing... Gagner FTW. :)