2011-12 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

Watching the highlights of the Edmonton game... the team just dominated, even though Dubnyk let in 4 he made some awesome saves as well! Wish I could have seen that game!

3 players in NHL history have gotten the 1st, 2nd and 3rd stars in a game...

Maurice Richard... 5 g 3a night

Sam Gagner... 4g 4a night.

Mats Sunding 1 goal night

WHAT THE ###### IS WRONG WITH LEAFS FANS

Gretzky was on Toronto radio today and noted he got all 3 Stars in his final game in Canada (in Ottawa I think he said). He figured he only had an assist that night.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Toronto & Vancouver. Brian Burke looks like he's going to have to have some pops tonight, or explode. 5-1 going into the 3rd. Habs will be 6 points back of Toronto with equal games played if the Leafs drop this game. Leafs are definitely in a goofy funk right now. Tonight is embarrasing for Toronto. Glad we face the Leafs 2 more times.

6-2 now as Carter picks up his 3rd. 15 goals in 39 games now, that's certainly a bit more respectable for him.

Major fantasy boost for me there! Knew holding on to him would pay off at some point :P

Vermette to Phoenix for a 2nd, 5th, and McElhinney. He'll probably be their top centre now.

poor guy. From Columbus to Phoenix... Hope he likes to play golf...

I heard yesterday on the Fan 590 that they have secured another buyer, on top of that Seattle seems to be in picture.

Seattle seems serious, a buyer in Phoenix, I've heard that story before. I'll believe it when I see all the Is dotted and Ts crossed.

Seattle seems serious, a buyer in Phoenix, I've heard that story before. I'll believe it when I see all the Is dotted and Ts crossed.

Random bit on Phoenix... Radim Vrbata should be getting more attention for his season! He has been scoring like a man possessed on that team!

He is tied for 4th right now and should get 40 this year... He is tied with Neal, who has been getting plenty of coverage as he is in Pittsburgh, but really there should be something on Vrbata, I haven't seen a thing, didn't notice his season until a few days ago when I was checking out the scoring leaders.

Random bit on Phoenix... Radim Vrbata should be getting more attention for his season! He has been scoring like a man possessed on that team!

He is tied for 4th right now and should get 40 this year... He is tied with Neal, who has been getting plenty of coverage as he is in Pittsburgh, but really there should be something on Vrbata, I haven't seen a thing, didn't notice his season until a few days ago when I was checking out the scoring leaders.

Definitely. He's a real underated player. This guy is like Todd Helton in the MLB. Always quiet, but always hit for ,300.

George McPhee told the media that Ovechkin played a few games at 242 lbs. 20 more than usual. But he's not back to 224 lbs.

He pulled a Wellwood.

George McPhee told the media that Ovechkin played a few games at 242 lbs. 20 more than usual. But he's not back to 224 lbs.

He pulled a Wellwood.

So did has he just been pity eating since we knocked Washington out of the playoffs two years ago?

George McPhee told the media that Ovechkin played a few games at 242 lbs.  20 more than usual.  But he's not back to 224 lbs.

He pulled a Wellwood.

Everyone should have known this in the summer.

oviewaist0711a.jpg?uuid=XAqhFrI5EeCqtwDroSNwHg

I'll take Fatvechkin any day.

Honestly, the career of Ovy was kinda predicted by Martin Brodeur. Brodeur once said that Ovechkin reminded him of Ilya Kovalchuk before Kovalchuk lost his fearlessness. Well, that's what Ovechkin is now. He's more comfortable to stick around the blueline and fire lasers than make plays on his own. It's disappointing. At one point he looked like the new Bure or a young Roenick.