2011-12 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

Man Minnesota has been tanking like no other... they just past us and now sit 27th in the league, losing their last 3 games and are a steamy 2-7-1 in their last ten games... At that rate they may catch Edmonton and move to 28th!

With their play and the play of teams like NYI and the unpredictability of teams like Toronto, Tampa, Anaheim and Carolina... I think we could slip out of the top 5 draft picks :/

Man Minnesota has been tanking like no other... they just past us and now sit 27th in the league, losing their last 3 games and are a steamy 2-7-1 in their last ten games... At that rate they may catch Edmonton and move to 28th!

With their play and the play of teams like NYI and the unpredictability of teams like Toronto, Tampa, Anaheim and Carolina... I think we could slip out of the top 5 draft picks :/

Top 5 was a wet dream. We don't have and never had a top 5 draft pick team.

Top 5 was a wet dream. We don't have and never had a top 5 draft pick team.

I completely agree that our team is way to good to be this low.

But... now that we are down there might as well be DOWN there.

I completely agree that our team is way to good to be this low.

But... now that we are down there might as well be DOWN there.

i think they are doing their best by playing Campoli lots and allowing Budai to get a few more starts, but Markov seems to be making up the difference and Budai is playing fine.

Maybe fate will land the Habs a better #6 pick than the #3 turns out anyways?

Kyle Chipchura scored a goal.

Looking at Phoenix' roster, it's seriously the island of misfit hockey players. Chipchura, O'Sullivan, Brule, Torres, Langkow, Smith. It's crazy. And then you got Ray Whitney quietly having one of the most impressive seasons for any player in the league. 39 years old, 70 points, +25, Top 15 in NHL Scoring... who would have guessed?

Kyle Chipchura scored a goal.

Looking at Phoenix' roster, it's seriously the island of misfit hockey players.  Chipchura, O'Sullivan, Brule, Torres, Langkow, Smith.  It's crazy.  And then you got Ray Whitney quietly having one of the most impressive seasons for any player in the league.  39 years old, 70 points, +25, Top 15 in NHL Scoring... who would have guessed?

Its still crazy to me that Vrbata has 30 goals. As for their team, shane doan would be a great UFA to steal. Maybe he wants to play with his cousin.

Its still crazy to me that Vrbata has 30 goals. As for their team, shane doan would be a great UFA to steal. Maybe he wants to play with his cousin.

Who is his cousin?

Personally, I don't think 5 games is sufficient to deter such behaviour in future. That was obviously a deliberate attempt to injure. As far as I'm concerned the NHL is completely f*cked up on these issues. Start giving guys 20 games and you'll see these brutal plays stop overnight.

I thought that since it was supposed to be an in-person hearing, the minimum would be 6?

no minimum for in-persons. Only rule is max five games for phone hearings.

Personally, I don't think 5 games is sufficient to deter such behaviour in future. That was obviously a deliberate attempt to injure. As far as I'm concerned the NHL is completely f*cked up on these issues. Start giving guys 20 games and you'll see these brutal plays stop overnight.

Agree 100%

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This isn't playoff related so I'll post it here instead, Calgary signs Roman Cervenka to a 1 year, $3.775 M deal. You may recall the name from a couple years ago when it was reported that he and Jagr were a package if Jagr was going to come back to the NHL. For those in fantasy pools, put this name on a sleeper list next season.