Injury news

Commandant

Patches is irreplaceable... sucks.

Yeah, you can't even say Patches is injury-prone...the Chara hit was a freak event, the equivalent of getting deliberately run over with a car. This is an 'honest' injury. It's just cataclysmically bad luck.

Yeah, you can't even say Patches is injury-prone...the Chara hit was a freak event, the equivalent of getting deliberately run over with a car. This is an 'honest' injury. It's just cataclysmically bad luck.

Yeah its like Cammy having Weber step on his leg... Sure Cammy seems to be injured a fair bit, but he couldn't have done anything about that.

What's the over/under on guys getting carried out on a stretcher in the next three games? If you think I'm trying to be funny, I'm not. I'm concerned the injured list will grow against Philly and Boston. I couldn't think of two worse match ups for this team. Bruising, physical and mean. If we eke out one point in the next three, and stay healthy, it's a miracle.

What's the over/under on guys getting carried out on a stretcher in the next three games? If you think I'm trying to be funny, I'm not. I'm concerned the injured list will grow against Philly and Boston. I couldn't think of two worse match ups for this team. Bruising, physical and mean. If we eke out one point in the next three, and stay healthy, it's a miracle.

Or maybe facing a team that presents a different challenge is exactly what the Habs need.

That said, with Pronger out, Philly is a lot softer.

I'm not afraid of Philly or Boston putting our guys out, particularly. This team is not and has never been scared, especially not of the Bruins. I think this fear factor is predicated on the myth that our incessant injuries are caused by our supposedly small size. However, for the most part our injuries seem to be a product of bizarre flukes and terrible luck. Markov's knee was not blown out because of his size, Patches did not get almost killed or break his wrist because of his size, Spacek is not small, Cammy got his leg cut in a freak thing, etc., etc..

This being said, if the Bruins or Philly resort to their default position of illegal hits and deliberate attempts to injure, well, you have to hope that Shanahan's regime has quieted them down a bit.

Playing Boston in particular could actually help us. Our players loathe the Bruins. That loathing might help them to focus past their own self-doubts and go balls to the wall. Philly has been basically a guaranteed loss for years now, so I expect nothing good to come from that.

Boston has played that style for years and the only legit injury that was caused by a dirty boston hit was patches.

Yeah we lost lang two years ago too, but that was a freak cut that could have came against any team. It was much like markovs foot or cammy's thigh, a fluke thing, not caused by an attempt to injure.

The "they always injure us" stuff is blown out of proportion.

I have a feeling the Boston and Philly games will be more free-wheeling track meets rather than low scoring goon-a-thons.

Something that hopefully benefits our team.

The stage is set.

ALL we need are some HEROS!

Price?? Cole? Eller? anybody out there? feel free to step the F up any time now....

Boston has played that style for years and the only legit injury that was caused by a dirty boston hit was patches.

Yeah we lost lang two years ago too, but that was a freak cut that could have came against any team. It was much like markovs foot or cammy's thigh, a fluke thing, not caused by an attempt to injure.

The "they always injure us" stuff is blown out of proportion.

what about zednik?

what about zednik?

The jerseys might be the same, but there isn't one single player on the habs team who was part of that team (Markov on IR, was but a 2nd year pro).

There are 0 players still on the bruins from that team.

Might as well bring up incidents from the 70s or 80s because they are as relevant to this discussion as that incident from 9 years ago.

Heck the only guy still around is Hal Gill and he's changed teams.</p>

Good news finally.

renhockey Renaud P Lavoie

#canadiens Max Pacioretty has a partial tear. No breaks. Deep bruise. He could be back in action this week.

</p>

MAGodin Marc Antoine Godin

Good news re: @MaxPacioretty67. No fracture to wrist, only damaged ligaments. Still bit of a stretch for much-anticipated meetings vs Boston

renhockey Renaud P Lavoie

#canadiens Max Pacioretty a une petite déchirure aux ligaments du poignet. Aucune fracture, mais contusion. Pourrait jouer cette semaine.

• 2 weeks later...

Rds.ca have Kostitsyn doubtful for next game. They say that it would be a minor injury who has been there for a few games now. He did not practice with the team today.

Rds.ca have Kostitsyn doubtful for next game. They say that it would be a minor injury who has been there for a few games now. He did not practice with the team today.

Better to rest him for a game then make him play.

that is too bad..... he was rolling

He's 26 now, at which time I think you'll find a lot of players starting to mature and hit some kind of groove. I mean, aside from the "child prodigies," this seems to be the age where many players find themselves and their comfort zone. Consider defenders who really only come into their own at this age. Goalies, in fact, seem to take a year or three more. So, that he may be rolling could very well be a testament to the fact that he finally feels comfortable in who he is, what his game is, and what's expected from him. How many of us (elder folk here) really knew what we were doing after university; only once we got settled in a job and started to get on a roll with it did we feel at home.

We'll see...Kostitsyn's pattern hitherto has been to hit grooves that get disrupted whenever something happens, such as an injury. He then returns and goes into one of his patented two-month slumps. If he comes back strong, then I might start to think we're seeing a more mature Kostitsyn...or else a guy who is playing for a contract :rolleyes: That's one of the other variables the Kosty fans should keep in mind, in the event that he finally does put together a really complete season.

We'll see...Kostitsyn's pattern hitherto has been to hit grooves that get disrupted whenever something happens, such as an injury. He then returns and goes into one of his patented two-month slumps. If he comes back strong, then I might start to think we're seeing a more mature Kostitsyn...or else a guy who is playing for a contract :rolleyes: That's one of the other variables the Kosty fans should keep in mind, in the event that he finally does put together a really complete season.

To me, it looks like his play has matured. He looks to be bringing a more consistent effort each game. And despite this being his contract year, his history says that, unless he manages an 80+ point year (he won't), he's not really in line for much of a raise. I think if you look around the league, guys of his calibre make about his money.

To me, it looks like his play has matured. He looks to be bringing a more consistent effort each game. And despite this being his contract year, his history says that, unless he manages an 80+ point year (he won't), he's not really in line for much of a raise. I think if you look around the league, guys of his calibre make about his money.

He may well have matured. But my real point is that you can't draw ANY conclusions about Kostitsyn based on a stretch of a dozen games. His entire career has been marked with stretches where he looks like he's finally 'figured it all out,' 'put it all together,' etc., etc.. There is nothing new in seeing Kostitsyn look great for such a span of time. What would be completely new is if he sustained it over an entire season, notwithstanding injury, occasional changes in linemates, etc.. Until that happens, I will continue to regard him as being what he's always been: a 25-goal, 50-point guy with a nice physical dimension who wanders around in an offensive stupor for 30-40 games a season.

Of course, even if he puts together a great season, there's still the 'contract year' boogeyman to worry about. Frankly, I'm not sure where this boundless faith in Kostitsyn comes from among Habs fans. While he's a useful player, he's really done nothing special to warrant all the love.

He may well have matured. But my real point is that you can't draw ANY conclusions about Kostitsyn based on a stretch of a dozen games. His entire career has been marked with stretches where he looks like he's finally 'figured it all out,' 'put it all together,' etc., etc.. There is nothing new in seeing Kostitsyn look great for such a span of time. What would be completely new is if he sustained it over an entire season, notwithstanding injury, occasional changes in linemates, etc.. Until that happens, I will continue to regard him as being what he's always been: a 25-goal, 50-point guy with a nice physical dimension who wanders around in an offensive stupor for 30-40 games a season.

Of course, even if he puts together a great season, there's still the 'contract year' boogeyman to worry about. Frankly, I'm not sure where this boundless faith in Kostitsyn comes from among Habs fans. While he's a useful player, he's really done nothing special to warrant all the love.

Well, I can draw conclusions. ;-) However, for me to explain my conclusions would result in accusations of voodoo and things like that. Suffice it to say, his demeanour is more mature.