Injury news

Commandant

Does anyone, ANYONE have the ability to remove the injury hex from this team? Every year it's not just the quantity, but the quality of players that go down. I don't have any stats to base this on, but it feels like we're consistently missing a lot of key players. I know other teams have injuries, but my impression is that Montreal gets a little more than its fair share.

Cammalleri is out tonight

Lower body, I would have to bet it is related to that early season cut.

Cammy is saying that he took a hit to his knee against the Oilers.

Gomez will play tomorrow but on the wing as at this point he is unable to take faceoffs. If that's the case, I'm skeptical as to how 'healthy' he may be, regardless of him getting the green light from doctors.

Or maybe they intended to say win not take.

Are there any updates on Kostitsyn's status? Will he be playing tomorrow?

Does anyone, ANYONE have the ability to remove the injury hex from this team? Every year it's not just the quantity, but the quality of players that go down. I don't have any stats to base this on, but it feels like we're consistently missing a lot of key players. I know other teams have injuries, but my impression is that Montreal gets a little more than its fair share.

It comes down to the fact that we have too many small players. When a 5'8" - 180 pound guy goes into the corner against a 6'2" - 215 pound guy, who do you think will take the harder hit? 75-80% of the time the smaller player will either end up on his ass or will simply lose the "fight" and will come out of it with the bruises. If you add this up over an entire season, it's normal that such a small team is left with many injuries.

By the way, Markov was skating with the rest of the team today, although he was wearing a "no-contact" blue jersey. in any case, that is great news.

Add Spacek and Engqvist to the mounting pile of injuries.

Spacek doubtful for Wednesday. JM expects another callup.

I figure it will be St. Denis, since we could really use the left handed shot... but anyone think differently?

Add Spacek and Engqvist to the mounting pile of injuries.

Spacek doubtful for Wednesday. JM expects another callup.

I figure it will be St. Denis, since we could really use the left handed shot... but anyone think differently?

Gill should be back for Wednesday, no?

Markov practicing in a non-contact jersey today.

No changes in the top 6.

Cammalleri practicing on third line with Eller - Palushaj.

Fourth line of Darche - Nokalenien - Gomez.

No Spacek, Gill, Kostitsyn, or Engqvist on the ice.

This is crazy the amount of injuries our D suffer all at once.

I really wonder if there will be a time all 8or 9 guys are good to go.

Teams will not know how to game plan for us late in the season when we actually have our team playing ;P

Wait until the next one goes down, then this will seem like nothing.

9 NHL calibre defensemen signed... and Frederic St Denis is playing a regular shift this week. What in the ######? Does Gorges get injured tonight and Mark Mitera make his debut this weekend?