Injury news

Commandant

So, if Kostitsyn (or Engqvist since he's still up and hurt) can't return tomorrow and Gomez is a no-go, do you dress 7 D (including St. Denis) or call up another forward from Hamilton? If the latter, who do you call up? I know the popular pick would be Leblanc but he's just now starting to get into the thick of things down there, I'd leave him for now. My pick, of those who are actually healthy, would be Fortier. Decent skater, can play in the defensive end and isn't completely useless in the offensive end either; he can also play both centre and the wing which could come in handy.

So, if Kostitsyn (or Engqvist since he's still up and hurt) can't return tomorrow and Gomez is a no-go, do you dress 7 D (including St. Denis) or call up another forward from Hamilton? If the latter, who do you call up? I know the popular pick would be Leblanc but he's just now starting to get into the thick of things down there, I'd leave him for now. My pick, of those who are actually healthy, would be Fortier. Decent skater, can play in the defensive end and isn't completely useless in the offensive end either; he can also play both centre and the wing which could come in handy.

I would the former is the more likely scenerio, the bulldogs can't take too many hits to their roster and still remain revelant.

I could see bringing Leblanc up for 1-2 games. It's not infreequent to see a talented young kid come up and make an impact because he's so out-of-his-mind excited to be there. That dissipates after a game or two when he is exposed as way overmatched; but my point is you might be able to get a great game or two out of him despite his lack of readiness. ;) Doubt it'll happen, though - the Habs are far too sensible for such a freewheeling approach to things.

I could see bringing Leblanc up for 1-2 games. It's not infreequent to see a talented young kid come up and make an impact because he's so out-of-his-mind excited to be there. That dissipates after a game or two when he is exposed as way overmatched; but my point is you might be able to get a great game or two out of him despite his lack of readiness. ;) Doubt it'll happen, though - the Habs are far too sensible for such a freewheeling approach to things.

And quite frankly, those little trial periods can be quite good for a player's development. Leblanc is playing pro hockey for the first time, and since he didn't see any preseason action, it might not be bad for him to play on a 4th line and try and see how he matches up against lower level NHLers. Easier to do this at home, though, as with last change you can prevent him being out there against guys like Giroux/Jagr or Briere.

The Habs gave a couple game teasers to guys as varied in skill as Plekanec and Subban to Lapierre when they were 20.

Depends. Is it to play 2 minutes or 8?

Two minutes: Conboy.

Eight minutes: Weber.

I think bringing up Leblanc is a good thing. Put him in the fire, show him what it's like, then send him down with instructions on where to go with his game. Isn't that how you learn?

Can Willsie be called up without waiver exposure?

Yep, under emergency circumstances which this is.

Depends. Is it to play 2 minutes or 8?

Two minutes: Conboy.

Conboy is one of the many injured Bulldog forwards. Technically, of the 10 that dressed last night, only 8 are eligible for recall (and 4 of those are in their rookie season). Heck, I just realized Fortier didn't play yesterday as I look at the gamesheet. (The 4 non-rookies are Blunden, Avtsin, Masse, and Willsie.)

Blunden?

Although he'd be the right fit against a team like Philly, Martin made it pretty clear that he doesn't trust him out there. I'm also not sure he's 100% as he was banged up late in the Binghamton game in Montreal. Given that, he may not be the best fit right now as if the coach won't use him, why bring him up?

Did Martin and Gauthier beg him?

Can't see Martin begging him and if anyting, PG probably said the sooner you come back, the sooner I can trade you.

Kostitsyn may play tomorrow. That should help a little.

Glad to hear he is going to be back, but I really hope that he isn't playing with Moen.

LIke to se see the following lines:

AK46-Eller-COle

Cammy-Pleks-MaxPac

Gionta-DD-Palushaj

MOen-Nikolenen-double shift someone.

Darche is useless. He's on a one way contract, but really should be send down. Playing Palushaj with Nikelenen is also pointless. May as well send him down to the minors. I'd rather have Blunden there to through his weight around when needed but otherwise play minimal minutes. But to me Darche is bringing nothing and Palushaj on the 4th line is pretty pointless as well.

Ryan White back on skates; practicing on the alternate rink today at Brossard.

I hope he is 100% and not 90% because I want to see Markov for 3 season, not 3 weeks or 3 months.

If he is back, it is because he won't be any better than he feels right now. And if he gets hurt again, there will be nobody to blame. Once you are ready, you are ready, no matter what happens afterwards.

Ryan White back on skates; practicing on the alternate rink today at Brossard.

If he is back, it is because he won't be any better than he feels right now. And if he gets hurt again, there will nobody to blame. Once you are ready, you are ready, no matter what happens afterwards.

Some people come back because they think they are ready. Some people come back because they simply want to play. He is the most valuable part of this team next to Price so I don't want him back because he can play. I want him back because his knee is 100% and can't possibly get stronger.

Some people come back because they think they are ready. Some people come back because they simply want to play. He is the most valuable part of this team next to Price so I don't want him back because he can play. I want him back because his knee is 100% and can't possibly get stronger.

Don't worry, he'll be back when the doctor says he is 100%. It's not to say that he won't be injured again. Nobody knows, but once you get the green light, you have got to play.