Injury news

Commandant

I have not checked the stats but does anyone know how many of DD points are on the PP. Personally I hate the guy on the man advantage. He loses the puck way too often and almost seems too confident with the extra time and space. I know we've assumed it was the point but maybe we should look at the forwards that we use out there.

To me I would go with:

Gionta-Plekanec-Cammalleri

Kaberle-Subban

Cole-Gomez-Pacioretty

Campoli-Diaz

I'd love to see Leblanc get some PP time. He's already shown he's quite adept at handling the puck in low areas and it would be nice to see him in a scenario where he could display his offensive talent. He is no 4th-line grinder.

Couldn't agree more. Plus the fact he is a RH shot, which is something that isn't discussed more. To be able to have him on his off wing and be able to set up for a one-timer or cross ice play is very valuable. So many times I see two lefties make that play but by the time they coral the puck, the defense gets a stick on it.

I have not checked the stats but does anyone know how many of DD points are on the PP. Personally I hate the guy on the man advantage. He loses the puck way too often and almost seems too confident with the extra time and space. I know we've assumed it was the point but maybe we should look at the forwards that we use out there.

To me I would go with:

Kaberle-Subban

Cole-Gomez-Pacioretty

Campoli-Diaz

IMHO thing is:

- Gomez is a waste out there and JM is being blind in his case.

- Gio and Cammy are not doing it, why and what ever the reason.

Time has come to give a try to a couple of other guys to get out there on the PP. Since as far as I know Gomez and Gio are still out. Kaberle has been a pleasant surprise. As mentioned above, by ForumGhost and illWill, LL would be good to try out there before he gets sent back down. If not to just to see what his abilities are at now, in the Show. But to also give him and idea "for real" what it will take for him to become a factor with the Big team on the PP. It will also give him some confidence in his abilities as far as I am concerned. Seems to me as good player development.

I just hope (wish and pray at times) JM finds a way to break from his blind and stuck ways. To bring himself to get new elements on the ice to create a 'new' energy and make this team a threat again on the PP.

Ranting ehjay sinning off... blip!! :)

To me I would go with:

Kaberle-Subban

Cole-Gomez-Pacioretty

Campoli-Diaz

3/16 PPP's for Desharnais. Gionta only has 3 as well (/15).

Gomez's best asset seems to be his PP work at this time. He is one of our few forwards who can gain the zone off the rush, because of his good play in the neutral zone.

Maybe he can gain the zone and then go change though. ;)

Gomez's best asset seems to be his PP work at this time. He is one of our few forwards who can gain the zone off the rush, because of his good play in the neutral zone.

Maybe he can gain the zone and then go change though. ;)

On another board, they were talking of Gomez wearing #11 jersey, so I don't know if that means he is healthy or not. Personnally don't care if he wears #1111 as long as on the ice we get the new improved look.

On another board, they were talking of Gomez wearing #11 jersey, so I don't know if that means he is healthy or not. Personnally don't care if he wears #1111 as long as on the ice we get the new improved look.

What? #11 has been his number for over a year now.

Gomez Sucks

Koivu was a good player but never did shit with the Habs ( no Cups)

Anyone should be able to wear 11.

Muller > Koivu anyways.

Kind of narrow sighted no? Muller played on good teams with good players where as Koivu never had the opportunity to play with anyone with the perhaps exception of when united with Mark Recchi. Was Muller a better player than Koivu, I would say so but Koivu played with his heart on his sleeve every night with such very little talent around him.

Kind of narrow sighted no? Muller played on good teams with good players where as Koivu never had the opportunity to play with anyone with the perhaps exception of when united with Mark Recchi. Was Muller a better player than Koivu, I would say so but Koivu played with his heart on his sleeve every night with such very little talent around him.

I love KOIVU, I have 4 Koivu jerseys.

Was my favourite player for about 10 years

When I say he never did shit with the Habs that means he never took them anywhere sure he was the best player on some shit teams but its not like he won them cups or took them even to the ECF.

I love the guy and wish he had a better supporting cast but ill stand by what I said he NEVER DID SHIT WITH THE HABS therefore you can not even contemplate retiring his number or not allowing other player to wear it for any period of time.

There's no way the number gets retired because of Koivu that's for sure. I just hate the bad rep this guy gets from this stupid f.ing city.

Oh your preaching to the converted there as I said I love what Koivu did I love the way he played.

So is Gionta out for 4 games or 4 months? There should be a rule against giving zero information to fans who pay to see the team (all of it players on it) play.

I'm really sick of the whole cone of silence around the Habs' management. Other GMs give interviews and even make themselves available to fans through radio call-in shows, etc., explaining themselves and otherwise engaging. The Habs, though, seem to believe they are like the Vatican, above all such silliness. This is a self-defeating arrogance, because it deprives the organization of any opportunity to control the narrative (which then becomes dominated by hysterical fans and media) and also turns the media against the management team, leading to further PR problems. (And if you don't think that media commentators allow personal hostility and grudges to colour their commentary, I have the Champlain Bridge to sell you). Maybe if they were winning, it'd be OK, but arrogance really doesn't look good on losers.

I don't need Gauthier to come over for dinner, but some ongoing communication with the customer base is not too much to ask. Lose the attitude and join the human race.

I'm really sick of the whole cone of silence around the Habs' management. Other GMs give interviews and even make themselves available to fans through radio call-in shows, etc., explaining themselves and otherwise engaging. The Habs, though, seem to believe they are like the Vatican, above all such silliness. This is a self-defeating arrogance, because it deprives the organization of any opportunity to control the narrative (which then becomes dominated by hysterical fans and media) and also turns the media against the management team, leading to further PR problems. (And if you don't think that media commentators allow personal hostility and grudges to colour their commentary, I have the Champlain Bridge to sell you). Maybe if they were winning, it'd be OK, but arrogance really doesn't look good on losers.

I don't need Gauthier to come over for dinner, but some ongoing communication with the customer base is not too much to ask. Lose the attitude and join the human race.

Are we humans or are we dancers

#RHB