Injury news

Commandant

20 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Weber seen today with no boot and no limp... 

No senior’s cane either?

1 hour ago, Scott462 said:

Sweet! Honestly I have missed watching him play.

Yes the season is over but I still want to watch my favourite players play! 

As much as people won't want to hear it, Weber should be on the block as much as anyone. The decline is his play is going to start becoming more noticeble in the next couple years, and guess what, this team ain't competing for a cup in that span. 

It's counterintuitive to trade Pacioretty and keep Weber... It doesnt make sense in the grand scheme 

Trading Pacioretty for a player who won't be in his prime until the next 2-3 years, yet keeping Weber for that span seems pointless.

The goal needs to be acquiring  pieces that come into their prime near the same time. 

Edited by Habopotamus

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

As much as people won't want to hear it, Weber should be on the block as much as anyone. The decline is his play is going to start becoming more noticeble in the next couple years, and guess what, this team ain't competing for a cup in that span. 

It's counterintuitive to trade Pacioretty and keep Weber... It doesnt make sense in the grand scheme 

Trading Pacioretty for a player who won't be in his prime until the next 2-3 years, yet keeping Weber for that span seems pointless.

The goal needs to be acquiring  pieces that come into their prime near the same time. 

The difference between trading Pacioretty and Weber is that the Habs have an abundance of wingers, but they lack top end defensemen. 

And in regards to the time frame, rebuilds/retools happen much much quicker in the league now than they ever did. All it takes is a year or two of futility to accumulate picks and prospects, meanwhile shedding dead weight. But you have to hold onto your core because you can't just acquire a Shea Weber when the team is ready to contend. 

On 2/10/2018 at 0:31 PM, Trizzak said:

Danault is back practicing with the team, but isn't playing tonight.

Or tonight. Been a week of practicing with the team. Weird. 

Also, is Hemsky just a ghost at this point?

17 minutes ago, illWill said:

I remember we had a guy named Weber on the team, I wonder whatever happened to him 

He plays for Nashville now... <_<

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, lazy26 said:

He plays for Nashville now... <_<

No, he wishes he was there, but just watches #76

33 minutes ago, illWill said:

I remember we had a guy named Weber on the team, I wonder whatever happened to him 

I remember when we were just a goal scorer away from making to the cup finals and maybe even wining a cup. Thinking now maybe I drink to much and it was all a dream.?

47 minutes ago, illWill said:

Probably trapped in a scape room with Hemsky, wondering when someone will open their cage :lol:

22 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Or tonight. Been a week of practicing with the team. Weird. 

Also, is Hemsky just a ghost at this point?

Shhhsh! Maybe Hemsky got lost in shuffle... he thinks he is scratched and team thinks he is still injured.

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

Sounds like Shaw will be ready for Philly game 

I’d be happier hearing that Shaw will be traded by the Philly game.

17 hours ago, Commandant said:

The joke about yannick weber went right over your head 

Well if I paid attention to whether Yannick Weber was still in the league, I would have gotten it.  

With the habs sucking and the NHL’s Olympic decision, I don’t think I’ve paid less attention to what’s going on in the league since the 1997 to 2000 period.