Injury news

Commandant

4 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Sounds like Shaw will be ready for Philly game 

It's actually Danault that is drawing back in, based on the lines at practice today.

If A.Shaw is ready to go as well, someone will have to hit waivers. 

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/first-domino-falls-as-habs-hand-nicolas-deslauriers-two-year-extension

Pat Hickey wrote 11 paragraphs and things nobody really cares all that much about, and then drops this bombshell in the last paragraph:

"Finally, there was an update on defenceman Shea Weber’s condition and it wasn’t encouraging. The foot injury that has kept him out of the lineup since Dec. 16 isn’t showing improvement and he’s likely finished for this season."

WHAT THE #### HICKS, THAT'S YOUR GOD DAMN LEAD YOU HACK

Bring him back, I need him on my fantasy team. I've held his spot on my team all this time and have turned down trade offers thinking he'd be back. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes, get back in there Shea!

55 minutes ago, illWill said:

Bring him back, I need him on my fantasy team. I've held his spot on my team all this time and have turned down trade offers thinking he'd be back. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes, get back in there Shea!

Me too. My boy offered me a descent trade for him.  Wish I would have taken it. 

20 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Subban?... Ya right, who would do that 

Depends on the league settings, but in my league Weber is a better player than Subban. Maybe if it measured donations, team success and Subby-doos it would be the other way around. 

1 hour ago, illWill said:

Depends on the league settings, but in my league Weber is a better player than Subban. Maybe if it measured donations, team success and Subby-doos it would be the other way around. 

Oh, you're in that league where Goals, assists and point totals mean nothing? 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Oh, you're in that league where Goals, assists and point totals mean nothing? 

I'm sure you realize that Weber was on pace for 19 goals and 31 assists playing on an injured foot before coming out of the lineup...otherwise your comment could be considered dumb. And yes, goals and assists are only 2 of the 9 stat categories in my league. 

• Like 1

Just now, illWill said:

I'm sure you realize that Weber was on pace for 19 goals and 31 assists playing on an injured foot before coming out of the lineup...otherwise your comment could be considered dumb. And yes, goals and assists are only 2 of the 9 stat categories in my league. 

Norris candidate, if only eh... 

2 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Norris candidate, if only eh... 

I am sorry that you are butthurt about the trade. I just find it strange because this is a Habs injury news thread, and we were talking about Shea Weber, but yet you for whatever reason feel the need to talk about PK Subban. He is having a great year on a much better team, perhaps you'd like to look up a Nashville thread and circle jerk with your fellow fans. 

38 minutes ago, illWill said:

I am sorry that you are butthurt about the trade. I just find it strange because this is a Habs injury news thread, and we were talking about Shea Weber, but yet you for whatever reason feel the need to talk about PK Subban. He is having a great year on a much better team, perhaps you'd like to look up a Nashville thread and circle jerk with your fellow fans. 

It was a joke. Some mentioned a trade for Weber. 

Honestly, you look like the only one that's butt hurt...

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Metallica said:

The secret to winning the Yahoo head to head leagues are draft the 3 best goaltenders and then fill in your roster. No on will beat you in the goaltending stats.

Funny enough, I've finished second in the league the last two years and I've had the best goaltending. The guy that finished first both those years had the worst. He drafts the best skaters and then picks up random goalies each week until he gets one that catches fire, like a Hellebuyck. He has already picked up Mrazek hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. 

31 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

It was a joke. Some mentioned a trade for Weber. 

Honestly, you look like the only one that's butt hurt...

Perhaps I am butthurt at people thinking that that trade was a disaster and the reason why this team sucks. Or maybe because Subban is brought up more than most Habs on a consistent basis nearly two years after the trade. I get that you initially made a joke but you kept going on about point totals and Norris trophies. Weber and Subban are both studs, and also different players, it has been debated to death. Montreal sucks for many reasons, and that trade wasn't one of them. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, illWill said:

Funny enough, I've finished second in the league the last two years and I've had the best goaltending. The guy that finished first both those years had the worst. He drafts the best skaters and then picks up random goalies each week until he gets one that catches fire, like a Hellebuyck. He has already picked up Mrazek hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. 

Perhaps I am butthurt at people thinking that that trade was a disaster and the reason why this team sucks. Or maybe because Subban is brought up more than most Habs on a consistent basis nearly two years after the trade. I get that you initially made a joke but you kept going on about point totals and Norris trophies. Weber and Subban are both studs, and also different players, it has been debated to death. Montreal sucks for many reasons, and that trade wasn't one of them. 

Holy bud. Go have a nap 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, illWill said:

One year I had Roy and Brodeur and I went wire to wire winning the league.