Injury news

Commandant

6 hours ago, Trizzak said:

This is the second surgery to fix the same problem? Why such a delay?  Don't mind me, I am just annoyed at key Blue jays being chronically ailing at start of season.

Just in time for training camp.

20 minutes ago, Commandant said:

This is the first surgery.

The team was waiting for a particular surgeon. 

Had the results (game) been different , we may have needed him by now? This surgeon must be world class?

9 minutes ago, BlueKross said:

Had the results (game) been different , we may have needed him by now? This surgeon must be world class?

They didn't want to do surgery.  They tried every effort to do rehab and avoid surgery before making the decision to go for surgery a couple weeks ago. 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

They didn't want to do surgery.  They tried every effort to do rehab and avoid surgery before making the decision to go for surgery a couple weeks ago. 

Is this injury apt to have any longer-term effects? E.g., slightly diminished mobility? It may be a misapprehension, but I remember Markov coming back from his knee injury, still effective, but noticeably slower. 

just a random question, does anyone remember last time we had a #17 that had a full, healthy and productive season? Seems to me that number is cursed 

Edited by ehjay

20 hours ago, ehjay said:

just a random question, does anyone remember last time we had a #17 that had a full, healthy and productive season? Seems to me that number is cursed 

Mitchell played 78 games last season and at least some of the games he missed were as scratches.  That at least covers the healthy part...  In terms of healthy and productive, that's a lot trickier.  Rod Langway maybe in 80-81 (45 points in 80 games)?

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Mitchell played 78 games last season and at least some of the games he missed were as scratches.  That at least covers the healthy part...  In terms of healthy and productive, that's a lot trickier.  Rod Langway maybe in 80-81 (45 points in 80 games)?

Weren’t Ludwig and Leclair #17?

35 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Weren’t Ludwig and Leclair #17?

Both were but Ludwig was never a big point producer while Leclair's best year was 44 points (not great in that era) in 72 games (so he was injured).

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Both were but Ludwig was never a big point producer while Leclair's best year was 44 points (not great in that era) in 72 games (so he was injured).

Leclair was a monster in the playoffs in the last cup win. The following season,   the habs brass kept moving him around too much.  IMO the leclair trade was the start of a series’s of bad moves.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I am in awe!! My brain was not able to go that far back :o:)

Habs29; thanks you for reminding me the Monster Leclair was in '93 run, those OT goals after OT goals (not all JL) What Memories!!! :)

Edited by ehjay

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Mine wasn't either - I had to look up the list of sweater numbers.

I was going by memory and sweater #17 and I got as far back as B.Brunet and didn't he bust his toe shaving one morning or was that a made up taverne story?

(edit) i had forgotten G.Ludwig :( I liked him :)

• 2 weeks later...