Injury news

Commandant

Good news about his recovery but it was obvious he wasn't healing right after a month and the medical staff just waited around with their hands in their pockets? No extra testing? Just a bunch of grey area garble? Why could we see it but they couldn't?

Team doctors are a complete joke. They played him because he wanted to play and they were not getting in his way. Nothing else.

11 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Good news about his recovery but it was obvious he wasn't healing right after a month and the medical staff just waited around with their hands in their pockets? No extra testing? Just a bunch of grey area garble? Why could we see it but they couldn't?

Team doctors are a complete joke. They played him because he wanted to play and they were not getting in his way. Nothing else.

Dr. Recchi haven't heard from you in a while.

• Upvote 2

Won't be seeing a lot of players til September: Weber, Danault, Mete, Andrew Shaw, Pacioretty, and Hemsky will not play again this season as per Julien. 

Valiev and Schlemko will likely return this season, probably Schlemko before Valiev.

21 hours ago, DON said:

Hemsky should be well rested for 18-19 season with Habs.

?? I hope you meant 18-19 in the KHL. 

17 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Hopefully, Valiev can get into a few games before the end of the year.  The Habs need to get a look at him to see if he can hold a 6/7/8 spot for next year.

Or showcase him to get a depth player who can be sent down without waivers

19 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Schlemko appears to be injured again. 

You almost need to consider him a #6-7 defenseman just by the # of games he's likely to play in a season.

And also because it is David Schlemko 

• 2 weeks later...

There's always one player who isn't supposed to be ready for the start of the regular season due to an offseason surgery - I guess it's Byron's turn this time.  That will take him out of the running for the Worlds too (I had him as a fourth line darkhorse given his speed and penalty killing abilities).

23 hours ago, dlbalr said:

There's always one player who isn't supposed to be ready for the start of the regular season due to an offseason surgery - I guess it's Byron's turn this time.  That will take him out of the running for the Worlds too (I had him as a fourth line darkhorse given his speed and penalty killing abilities).

There's talk he was playing on an injured shoulder since January.

Why would Byron play even a single game with the team past February if he was injured?

It's so much better for him to get the surgery done early and show up to training camp completely fit (in a contract year!) instead of playing useless games on a bad team, delaying surgery, and showing up about a month into next season a step behind everyone else. 

42 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Why would Byron play even a single game with the team past February if he was injured?

It's so much better for him to get the surgery done early and show up to training camp completely fit (in a contract year!) instead of playing useless games on a bad team, delaying surgery, and showing up about a month into next season a step behind everyone else. 

Byron showed great attitude and character by playing out the season despite being hurt.

Why, when healthy, those are 2 of the better habs forwards. 

Shaw is a CJ type of player when healthy. Byron has the best contract in the league. 

Put them with Danault, that's a great 3rd line

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Why, when healthy, those are 2 of the better habs forwards. 

Shaw is a CJ type of player when healthy. Byron has the best contract in the league. 

Put them with Danault, that's a great 3rd line

Habs have too many wingers, and I think Byron's contract is exactly the kind that a team will overpay for this summer.

Shaw, well, I think there are other GMs out there that will want to add "sandpaper" to their lineup, and I just want him traded so another team can pay him to get injured.

Correct on the wingers, 

The habs are a team that needs sand paper,

I would trade Pacs for  #1 center, galchenyuk for a #2 center, 

clears up space on the wing, solves the center problem

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Shaw out 6 months with knee surgery. 

IF anyone is wondering why they delayed the surgery, it was because they wanted his concussion symptoms gone before operating. 

I thought a delay may be due to wanting to see if rehab would fix it first without needing to have the procedure done as we see a lot of players do.  The Habs have been pretty consistent since he went down again in saying that it was a knee injury and not any lingering concussion symptoms (although who knows if that was entirely truthful or not).

54 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I thought a delay may be due to wanting to see if rehab would fix it first without needing to have the procedure done as we see a lot of players do.  The Habs have been pretty consistent since he went down again in saying that it was a knee injury and not any lingering concussion symptoms (although who knows if that was entirely truthful or not).

That info comes right from the story on the Habs website. 

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/andrew-shaw-undergoes-knee-surgery/c-298248536

"The procedure was performed by Dr. Daniel Whelan in Toronto. Shaw suffered a left knee injury, as well as a concussion, on March 13 against Dallas. Shaw and the Club agreed to proceed with the surgery once his concussion was fully resolved."