Injury news

Commandant

Totally agree. Byron was idiot for the original hit and an idiot for accepting the scrap. He paid twice and put himself in this predicament. 

However, Weegar instigated it and should have at least got an instigator penalty. With all the Don cherry old school code crap, I am sure big Mackenzie is proud that he knocked out a guy 40 lbs lighter than him.  Most noticeable disappointing for me is no Hab stepped up to defend Byron. They all buy in to the Code and thus cannot or will not defend him. Most noticeably is the big softy of a Captain we have. I supported his pick over Gallagher but now have second thoughts. Ya I know it is an emotional rant but the whole thing just pissed me off so thanks for letting me vent.

Tonight is do or die! GHG

2 hours ago, Pepsi said:

Totally agree. Byron was idiot for the original hit and an idiot for accepting the scrap. He paid twice and put himself in this predicament. 

However, Weegar instigated it and should have at least got an instigator penalty. With all the Don cherry old school code crap, I am sure big Mackenzie is proud that he knocked out a guy 40 lbs lighter than him.  Most noticeable disappointing for me is no Hab stepped up to defend Byron. They all buy in to the Code and thus cannot or will not defend him. Most noticeably is the big softy of a Captain we have. I supported his pick over Gallagher but now have second thoughts. Ya I know it is an emotional rant but the whole thing just pissed me off so thanks for letting me vent.

Tonight is do or die! GHG

I love the passion, share your disgust at this bogus 'code,' and I've never really bought into the Cult of Weber, but come on man - this isn't Hal Gill we're talking about. He ain't soft. Not in the least. And the responsibility for this mess lies with Byron. All he had to do was not fight.

11 hours ago, Neech said:

This dumb injury is another reason why you don't give Byron that contract mid-season.  We'd still be able to sign him for that much or less this summer, and he may be damaged goods now.

Damaged goods? What are you smokin?:bonk:

2 hours ago, Neech said:

You never know with concussions.

Sorry, I just think is crazy talk. A guy gets hit with 1 uppercut and that is it. Not good for him obviously but long term impact...doubtful would be my guess.

signed;

Dr. Recchi

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Noah Juulsen is apparently OK. You hate to see a kids career end before it starts. 

No one thought career was in jeopardy, but great he is already good to go.

Copied an engles tweet...

Eric Engels

✔@EricEngels

· Jan 31, 2019

Amidst speculation in the marketplace that defenceman Noah Juulsen has a career-threatening eye injury and a damaged nerve in his face, the Canadiens will only say that he has an upper-body injury, an injury requiring rest, and that he does NOT have a concussion.

Eric Engels

✔@EricEngels

Juulsen suffered a facial fracture after being struck in the face by a puck in a game against the Washington Capitals on Nov. 19. He returned to play four games in a full facial shield with Montreal from Dec. 11-17. Last appeared in a game with @RocketLaval on Dec. 27.

There was an article on Juulsen on The Athletic this week. He really gave very little detail on his injuries but did say that he had problems during recovery with his peripheral vision — but that he now feels he is back to 100%.

20 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

There were some reports saying just that early on.  

The report was from someone that has a spotty track record when it comes to these things.  All the other commentary surrounding it was based on that one report.

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

The report was from someone that has a spotty track record when it comes to these things.  All the other commentary surrounding it was based on that one report.

That makes sense. 

54 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Was this possibly bothering him towards the end of the season, and affecting his play?

Possible.

Could also be the reason he was a "healthy scratch".

But thats just us speculating.

• 3 months later...

Sucks to hear that, kinda thought he would have a DD's chance of making it and this is obviously a huge setback for the kid.

Are all the expected guys to be on Habs roster 100% healthy going in Sept? Am likely overlooking an obvious one, but cant think of any at moment. KK had knee fix long ago, someone else had nose surgery..but drawing a blank on any others.

• 1 month later...