Injury news

Commandant

26 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Armia was back on the ice again today in the morning skate. Hopefully that means that we'll see him in the lineup tomorrow.

Tatar left the practice early after an injury, so it may be swapping one for the other. (with some line juggling)

1 hour ago, DON said:

Got a wildass guess how soon will Habs waive Reilly and call up a forward named Poehling?

Depends on how long the onjury is.  If its less than a week.. i bet they do nothing.  If its more than a week, they place him on IR and call up poehling .. no waivers needed.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Depends on how long the onjury is.  If its less than a week.. i bet they do nothing.  If its more than a week, they place him on IR and call up poehling .. no waivers needed.

No waivers needed for Reilly?

Am thinking, Habs have zero or 1 extra forward on roster (I think ?) and wouldn't hurt to drop a d-man and add a forward where injuries are popping up and road trip upcoming next week.

19 minutes ago, DON said:

No waivers needed for Reilly?

Am thinking, Habs have zero or 1 extra forward on roster (I think ?) and wouldn't hurt to drop a d-man and add a forward where injuries are popping up and road trip upcoming next week.

No, he means if the injury to Tatar was for a week or more, they'd place him on IR to open up a roster spot for a recall thereby avoiding waiving Reilly.  If it's less, they've shown that they're comfortable with just 12 forwards on the road already this season.

25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

No, he means if the injury to Tatar was for a week or more, they'd place him on IR to open up a roster spot for a recall thereby avoiding waiving Reilly.  If it's less, they've shown that they're comfortable with just 12 forwards on the road already this season.

Exactly.

If its long term (ie more than a week) they can use IR to get an extra spot.

Road trip starts a week today and IR can always be retroactive to the day of injury so if hes not ready for wednesday they wont need to go on the road with just 12.  If tatar isnt ready for wednesday, retroactive IR and call up is likely poehling (or belzille or evans or other)

If its just a game or two they have armia ready to come back so they can live with it and are at home anyways (close to laval if last minute call needed).

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Commandant said:

I doubt it.  If skating with his groin injury is a concern, its not any less of.a concern in laval

I mean, if he misses another week, he may be sent down for a game to get his back in shape and to send him a message that he has to take his game up a notch

17 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Being that Byron's best asset is his speed, and he's already looked like he lost a step this season, having knee surgery is just a concerning. 

This is the Calgary Flames, Byron. The guy is constantly hurt and when he's not, he plays like a barely NHL capable forward. 

Its weird, I never pegged him as a guy that would lose determination after getting paid, but he 100% did. He doesn't have that chip on his shoulder anymore