Injury news

Commandant

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Armia is skating, too (as is Drouin). But no word on when any of them will be ready to play.

Both still working on conditioning, and not touching any pucks.

21 minutes ago, huzer said:

Gallagher back out, it appears. Headaches after the game.

I have tickets for tomorrow in Ottawa; disappointed he rushed to get back just to get symptoms again.

I hope he gets a full recovery 

20 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I have tickets for tomorrow in Ottawa; disappointed he rushed to get back just to get symptoms again.

I hope he gets a full recovery 

I have a very strong suspicion that he did rush back.

Terribly unwise. But also terribly predictable.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I have a very strong suspicion that he did rush back.

Terribly unwise. But also terribly predictable.

Looking back, easy to say it was unwise, not sure how predictable it was. Medical science is far from perfect especially when dealing with head injuries. I trust the medical staff thought he was good to go and they know way more than any of us. I just hope he fully recovers and if that means staying out for a prolonged period of time then so be it. 

7 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Looking back, easy to say it was unwise, not sure how predictable it was. Medical science is far from perfect especially when dealing with head injuries. I trust the medical staff thought he was good to go and they know way more than any of us. I just hope he fully recovers and if that means staying out for a prolonged period of time then so be it. 

Which is why you should be more conservative in bringing a guy back.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gallagher and Drouin were in non-contact jerseys today. Byron was skating at full speed with a trainer.

I wonder if Byron will do a conditioning stint in Laval? He wasn't playing his best hockey before the injury and could use the confidence boost against lower competition. 

Does anyone have an update on Noah Juulsen. He seemed like a good up and coming defence man. Will he be able to make a comeback or is he headed for early retirement due to injuries? 

15 minutes ago, REV-G said:

Does anyone have an update on Noah Juulsen. He seemed like a good up and coming defence man. Will he be able to make a comeback or is he headed for early retirement due to injuries? 

He played a dozen games earlier in the season but his migraines have returned so the return date is uncertain. Everyone still hopes that he can return but the probability is not super high at this point.