Injury news

Commandant

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I meant, he has had two leg injuries within a year 

I hope it is not a recurring thing 

You block a shot and have a fractured foot, I'm not sure what more there is to that then a freak occurence, one that befalls many NHLers who then come back fine. 

His previous injury was three weeks for an ankle.  Doesn't seem to be serious either. 

Just now, JoeLassister said:

Is Tatar just Day to Day or it's more serious ?

Julien said it was precautionary that he didnt play after the isles game but we never got an update yesterday (i dont know if they had an off day) and vejdemo was called up on an emergency basis.

9 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Is Tatar just Day to Day or it's more serious ?

He was sent back to Montreal today for more evaluation so it's probably safe to rule him out for Saturday's game as well.

Forsberg took a big body check into and he had to have part of spleen removed back when he played with the AVS. 

I was also reading an article that MB and CJ threw him under the bus about his work ethic. 

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Forsberg took a big body check into and he had to have part of spleen removed back when he played with the AVS. 

I was also reading an article that MB and CJ threw him under the bus about his work ethic. 

That’s nothing new.  It’s the players fault that they brought him up as an 18 year old and kept him in the NHL too long this year. I listened to that Travis Green podcast with Friedman and it was refreshing to hear a coach talk about an actual development plan for players.  With Paterson they knew he wasn’t a very good face off guy and was struggling, but they were willing to live with his mistakes.  They also didn’t bring him over until he was ready.

and yes I know he got over 30 points last year, but yakapov also had a good rookie year and was in a 20 goal pace - but who’s did that work out for his long term development.

with the habs it’s always the players fault - it’s not a poorly constructed rosters - both in Montreal and Laval.  But yeah, the plan is to build through the draft and rush players in before they are ready.

• Upvote 1

KK being oft-injured is mostly Bergevin's fault IMO.  You want someone who can step in and contribute in the NHL right away, you draft Tkachuk...not a beanpole that clearly needed 2 years of packing on muscle to be ready for the physicality of playing hockey with men.  He should have spent another full season in Finland, playing in their much softer league while executing an eating and training plan given to him by the Canadiens' conditioning coach to prepare him for the AHL.  After that, a full year in Laval, again executing a workout/nutrition regimen designed to get his body ready for the NHL.  There are guys who are physically developed beyond their age who can jump right in after the draft, but clearly KK was not one of them.

8 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

KK being oft-injured is mostly Bergevin's fault IMO.  You want someone who can step in and contribute in the NHL right away, you draft Tkachuk...not a beanpole that clearly needed 2 years of packing on muscle to be ready for the physicality of playing hockey with men.  He should have spent another full season in Finland, playing in their much softer league while executing an eating and training plan given to him by the Canadiens' conditioning coach to prepare him for the AHL.  After that, a full year in Laval, again executing a workout/nutrition regimen designed to get his body ready for the NHL.  There are guys who are physically developed beyond their age who can jump right in after the draft, but clearly KK was not one of them.

Careful, you can’t blame MB for his obvious blunders or stupidity in this site without being ridiculed.  After all it was KK’s fault that he didn’t put in the 20-30lba he should have as an 18 year old, - didn’t you hear management said it’s Kk fault because he’s lazy and has ooor practice habits.  It was his fault he isn’t ready as a 19 year old.

if Kk isn’t able to put it together, 3 years from now MB will be saying he wanted to pick Tkachuk or Hughes, but he went with his scouts.

15 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

But yeah, the plan is to build through the draft and rush players in before they are ready.

image.png

Just now, DON said:

image.png

image.png

Better be ham being  don, who loves losing and cheering on a team whose only plan is hope that they get lucky.  Because like bergevin said drafting and development is all about luck. And younhavebtinbuokdntheiughbthendradtr because it’s soooooo hard to make a trade - especially for a centre.  And when you draft a e, you should teach him how to play centre on the wing.

10 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Better be ham being  don, who loves losing and cheering on a team whose only plan is hope that they get lucky.  Because like bergevin said drafting and development is all about luck. And younhavebtinbuokdntheiughbthendradtr because it’s soooooo hard to make a trade - especially for a centre.  And when you draft a e, you should teach him how to play centre on the wing.

Do you ever come up with anything new? Or is it the same talking points all the time?

Fantastic-Examples-1.jpg

We all read the last 16 times you pissed and moaned on Bergevin.

13 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Better be ham being  don, who loves losing and cheering on a team... 

HEY, you got something 1/2 right... 1st bit is idiotic of course, but i will not stop cheering for the Habs anytime soon, even if you think we all should.

5 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Careful, you can’t blame MB for his obvious blunders or stupidity in this site without being ridiculed.  After all it was KK’s fault that he didn’t put in the 20-30lba he should have as an 18 year old, - didn’t you hear management said it’s Kk fault because he’s lazy and has ooor practice habits.  It was his fault he isn’t ready as a 19 year old.

if Kk isn’t able to put it together, 3 years from now MB will be saying he wanted to pick Tkachuk or Hughes, but he went with his scouts.

I would be amused if someone riduculed me for what I posted.  I offered up a valid point that had a focus (planning a player's path of development), which is the GM's responsibility.  EXECUTING that plan is a player's responsibility to be sure, however if the player fails to execute, it then falls back on the GM to alter the development plan accordingly (holding them out of the NHL lineup due to not being ready. 

8 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I would be amused if someone riduculed me for what I posted.  I offered up a valid point that had a focus (planning a player's path of development), which is the GM's responsibility.  EXECUTING that plan is a player's responsibility to be sure, however if the player fails to execute, it then falls back on the GM to alter the development plan accordingly (holding them out of the NHL lineup due to not being ready. 

There is a reason you dont get ridiculed. When you feel something is good you say that.  When you feel something is wrong, you critique it.  

That doesnt mean i (or anyone else) will always agree with you.  But i do know you are being honest in your assessments.

Its a little different with h29 who i know what hes going to say before even opening his post.  Its just the same thing and grows tiring.

It sounds like Tatar's injury will need singnificant rest and rehab...so likely shut down for the rest of the season.  Makes no sense to take a risk to play meaningless games.

6 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

It sounds like Tatar's injury will need singnificant rest and rehab...so likely shut down for the rest of the season.  Makes no sense to take a risk to play meaningless games.

Should have traded him while value was high.