Injury news

Commandant

Lavoie reporting that Gallagher does indeed have a broken jaw. ^%@!*&^%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Niskanen, Vignault and that POS Chris Lee.

I wonder if he will still play? 

23 minutes ago, PMAC said:

Lavoie reporting that Gallagher does indeed have a broken jaw. ^%@!*&^%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Niskanen, Vignault and that POS Chris Lee.

I wonder if he will still play? 

Surgical repair required.

Gally is out indefinitely 

13 minutes ago, DON said:

Terrible news, who will step up and fill his role?

I do not think anyone can fill Gallagher’s shoes

I hope the TEAM raises its competitiveness and relentlessness up to their max, they can only be the best they can be

Wow, complete crap news that Gallagher has a broken jaw, and he was just starting to score too.   

This obviously isnt good news, but it might light a fire in the Habs.  CJ being out seemed to lift them to a 5-0 victory in game 2, KK getting a game misconduct seemed to help them win the last game, so hopefully Gallagher being out will lift them to game 7 and beyond. 

16 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I seriously doubt this crew wins two games against that D without Gallagher. 

Ya, unlikely for sure but got nothing to lose, who doesnt like underdog, with its heart and soul player being cheap shotted out of series.

And, who knows when #14 or 15 is gonna get their 1st playoff hat trick.

:1gohabs:

12 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Wow, complete crap news that Gallagher has a broken jaw, and he was just starting to score too.   

This obviously isnt good news, but it might light a fire in the Habs.  CJ being out seemed to lift them to a 5-0 victory in game 2, KK getting a game misconduct seemed to help them win the last game, so hopefully Gallagher being out will lift them to game 7 and beyond. 

Love Gallagher ... IMO who doesn't ... even opposing fans LOVE-hate him for the most part (i.e., would take him ob their team in a second) ... and he is a HUGE loss ... hopefully he can be the Hab's "Gipper" and light that fire.

On a more technical /grammatical point ... IMO it takes more than one goal in one game to say he is "starting to score" ... it implies a return to consistency and ongoing production ... unlikely for Gallagher but, if he was playing, that goal could be followed by another 8 games without a goal

11 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I seriously doubt this crew wins two games against that D without Gallagher. 

THAT D is no longer THAT D tonight ... so, if they win tonight, it is just one more game (7) against THAT D ...  one game they have already done.

But I fear that while the W1FG factor could keep the habs at the level they showed last game, I expect the Flyers to up their game.

I assume this is a hip labral tear. It can often heal on its own, with just rest and physio, possible arthroscopic surgery for a severe case. I think most likely he will be fully recovered in time for training camp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DON said:

If season does start Dec 1, wonder if hip issue will likely delay him playing, i assume he will need hip surgery as well?

It was obvious theWe was something wrong little ball of love (the anti-Marchand).

• 1 month later...

TSN about to further expose how NHL treats player pain?

• 1 month later...

Bexell, EOTP:

"Norlinder played in the same tournament as Myšák, but finished it early as he got tangled up with a Russian player and seems to have hurt his shoulder. The Swedish Ice Hockey Association sent out an email saying it was a “precaution” to take Norlinder out of the game, and referred to it as an “upper-body injury.”

Norlinder didn’t participate in the last game of the tournament, but was simply rested according to SIHA. We will continue to monitor Norlinder’s injury and will update the article as soon as we hear something from Norlinder’s SHL club, Frölunda. "

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DON said:

Norlinder out of lineup due to hamstrings "problem"? He is having tough luck.

Ikonen and Norlinder should become pen pals 

Maybe play forthnite while in DL

again not a serious injury:

EOTP;

As you can see, his knee stood up well to the quick turns as he went around the defender and then took the shot.

Unfortunately for Norlinder, his hamstring acted up after the game and he wasn’t on the roster for Frölunda’s game versus Färjestad on Saturday night. It does sound like it is more of a result from intensive training and he just needs a bit of rest rather than an actual injury, but we will have to wait and see when he is back on the ice again as the club hasn’t released a statement.

I was hoping that someone was tracking injury data and I finally found it:

https://nhlinjuryviz.blogspot.com/p/index-page.html

I was specifically looking for Armia's injury history, and whether he has a history of concussions. I had seen a comment that he had had a concussion while playing in Liiga, but there have been no other head injuries since he came over to te NHL.

image.png

On 2/1/2021 at 2:36 PM, tomh009 said:

Armia is back to skating today, albeit only with a trainer -- still following the concussion protocol.

As good as Perry has been that line needs Armia specifically for his work in neutral zone and D zone. 

Perry has been great in the Ozone but he lags behind play in the other zones 

Armia is apparently on the IR list, retroactive to the original injury date.

Given that the Habs already have open spots on the roster due to the cap constraints, what would be the benefit of actually having him on the IR list?

25 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Armia is apparently on the IR list, retroactive to the original injury date.

Given that the Habs already have open spots on the roster due to the cap constraints, what would be the benefit of actually having him on the IR list?

Saving more money to gain flexibility on calling players out of Taxi squad