Injury news

Commandant

It was probably a case of Miller trying to spark his team. Players will often accept an "offer" of a fight, on the understanding that they get a sort of IOU if they ever want a fight in the future.

The only good news in all of this is that, if Mete draws in, the proportion of our D that can skate and move the puck will be increased. Then again, they'll probably use Fleury or some other D-man instead, LOL.

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It was probably a case of Miller trying to spark his team. Players will often accept an "offer" of a fight, on the understanding that they get a sort of IOU if they ever want a fight in the future.

The only good news in all of this is that, if Mete draws in, the proportion of our D that can skate and move the puck will be increased. Then again, they'll probably use Fleury or some other D-man instead, LOL.

The option is Ouellet ... and the thought might even have passed through DD/Richardson's heads as Calgary may well bring a very HEAVY game tonight

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Fleury can skate, and has offensive potential.

I think the whole idea of fighting to spark your team is stupid and it could have just have easily been Miller who broke his hand.

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Has there been any rational analysis/explanation of why (rightly or wrongly) the two decided to fight?

Not debating that it was unnecessary.

My thought was Miller wanted to fight Kotkaniemi for the boarding and Chiarot stepped up instead. 

4 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Anywhere from 4-8 wks for recovery. 

It will be interesting to see if the Habs feel they can survive that long with Mete in the lineup, or need to acquire a legit top 4 D ... how Romanov does may play a big role in that.

On 3/11/2021 at 8:46 PM, zumpano21 said:

Anywhere from 4-8 wks for recovery. 

Surgery has been done. They are now expecting 6-8 weeks for recovery -- most of the rest of the season.

Ouellet will be playing in Mete's place tonight. No other D on the taxi squad, and Ducharme says he is not planning to call anyone else up until they return home.

30 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Surgery has been done. They are now expecting 6-8 weeks for recovery -- most of the rest of the season.

Ouellet will be playing in Mete's place tonight. No other D on the taxi squad, and Ducharme says he is not planning to call anyone else up until they return home.

That sounds like an OK plan, a patch until they can get home. It is hard to say with Dom, but if they are still managing players like before, this will be like evaluating the depth defensemen they have prior to a trade before the deadline in early April.

If Ouellet is on par with Mete and Romanov doesn't perform well with Weber, the Habs will most likely trade for a LD or call it a "learning season" for KK and Suzy

Oulette looked OK in Aug play and Kulak & Mete have both looked very weak. 3rd pairing gets pinned in own end for way too long and often.

But at least Mete has an excuse, he simply hasnt played much.

UP to 8 weeks for Chiarot.

Will be interesting what Bergy plans to do for next month or two?

Mete-Kulak-Romanov all are sketchy and poor Weber pairing guys to fill in and dont want to frig with top pairing Petry-Edmundson.

:(

30 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Any news if Toffoli would be available for tomorrow nights game? 

I believe Bergevin said in one of his press conferences that Toffoli wasn't expected to play as it would be risky asking him to play with just one practice under his belt.  Thursday would seem more likely.

32 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Expect we will know more after practice or more likely tomorrow after morning skate (if there is one) ... tonight (hopefully) will be the first time TT is on the ice since he sat out ... tomorrow (i.e., how he "recovers" from the practice) will likely tell the tale of whether he is healthy enough to play ... no need to risk it for one game

On 3/29/2021 at 12:04 PM, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

23 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I believe Bergevin said in one of his press conferences that Toffoli wasn't expected to play as it would be risky asking him to play with just one practice under his belt.  Thursday would seem more likely.

Ducharme confirms it will shortly

4 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

Looks lIke Toffoli won'T be playing tonight either! Hopefully he'll be good to go on Saturday!

image.png

Price not traveling to Toronto. Those hoping to see Allen getting a slightly extended look may get their wish. Primeau called up and added to the taxi squad.

And I guess since it's not in this thread, Gallagher out with the broken thumb for a few weeks.

18 minutes ago, huzer said:

Price not traveling to Toronto. Those hoping to see Allen getting a slightly extended look may get their wish. Primeau called up and added to the taxi squad.

And I guess since it's not in this thread, Gallagher out with the broken thumb for a few weeks.

Looks like RDS/Biron was right about his being uncomfortable last night after the Archibald "meet&greet" (see below) ... hope they don't let Carey push his way back into the crease before too soon (I am certain he will WANT to play) ... but soft tissue pulls/strains/tweaks/bruises/etc can linger and the habs will need Price at top form for the playoffs

Expect primeau will dress in TO ... otherwise dress Lindgren and call-up Demchenko to fill the mandatory taxi squad goalie spot

27 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Looks like RDS/Biron was right about his being uncomfortable last night after the Archibald "meet&greet" (see below) ... hope they don't let Carey push his way back into the crease before too soon (I am certain he will WANT to play) ... but soft tissue pulls/strains/tweaks/bruises/etc can linger and the habs will need Price at top form for the playoffs

Expect primeau will dress in TO ... otherwise dress Lindgren and call-up Demchenko to fill the mandatory taxi squad goalie spot

I don’t really get what happened?

I hope Primeau is ready for some work

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I don’t really get what happened?

I hope Primeau is ready for some work

Think Price bent back awkwardly on his right knee when he and Archibald "exchanged recipes".

I could see Allen now being scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday ... but wouldn't mind Primeau getting in either.

6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Think Price bent back awkwardly on his right knee when he and Archibald "exchanged recipes".

I could see Allen now being scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday ... but wouldn't mind Primeau getting in either.

It looked harmless but you could see his knee bend backwards and Price reacted hard so I guess that’s it. 

I hope he is back fully healthy soon