Injury news

Commandant

I hope he will sort things out, he has put a brave face and probably was being bothered by a situation outside of hockey (my speculation)

Interesting and many likely did a happy dance hearing he was out long term, before thinking it over on a human side of things.

Yes, think he has been crapped on too much, but some for seemingly good reason as his effort just didnt seem there on a consistent basis and maybe partly due to there being an underlying issue off-ice.

And yes, of course wish him well and he comes back, tears it up in the playoffs and is the toast of the town.  

22 minutes ago, DON said:

Interesting and many likely did a happy dance hearing he was out long term, before thinking it over on a human side of things.

Yes, think he has been crapped on too much, but some for seemingly good reason as his effort just didnt seem there on a consistent basis and maybe partly due to there being an underlying issue off-ice.

And yes, of course wish him well and he comes back, tears it up in the playoffs and is the toast of the town.  

There can be a lot of reasons why someone is not performing up to expectations, some physical, some mental. Hopefully whatever it is Johnathan can get it sorted out so he can be at peace with himself and those around him. Then he can worry about hockey. Some athletes can compartmentalize and are able to perform at a high level despite having a lot of issues to deal with but I think that is more the exception to the rule. 

21 minutes ago, DON said:

Should Gallagher be expected back for the 1st round (if make it of course)?

That would be in line with his timeframe for return; the cast is off which is about the midway point of his recovery.  That was at three weeks and there's about three weeks from that point until the start of the playoffs.  Maybe not Game 1 but he should be available in that series.

10 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Also noted that Armia was a bit banged up but hopeful for the game against Ottawa.

Ducharme said today that Armia has checked out OK.

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Some rare Rocket injury news. That Teasdale injury is rough, as he was probably a candidate for Black Aces duty.

Those are two major injuries for Teasdale. I hope he is not another prospect that is lost to the Hab’s voodoo curse that mangled Ikonen’s, Juulse’s, Bournival’s, Geoffrion’s and so many others

9 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Some rare Rocket injury news. That Teasdale injury is rough, as he was probably a candidate for Black Aces duty.

Does anyone remember when they were injured? I don't recall anyone being stretchered off the ice, so maybe the injuries were less severe but still require some (arthroscopic?) surgery.

17 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Does anyone remember when they were injured? I don't recall anyone being stretchered off the ice, so maybe the injuries were less severe but still require some (arthroscopic?) surgery.

This is his second surgery on the same knee for Teasdale and that is concerning for sure

4 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We should sit and rest them all. The team is doing okay so don’t rush

Agreed. We can’t take Gallagher back - no cap room. Tatar would be nice sometime before the playoffs, Byron, it’s actually helping us having him out, so no need to rush - although we need to make sure they aren’t just being held out fir cap reasons - NHL did say they are going to be monitoring closely.

I think you want Price to at least get a game or two in before the playoffs, assuming he is healthy - but I definitely would not want to rush him back before he is actually healthy.

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Agreed. But we can’t take Gallagher back - no cap room. But I think you want Price to at least get a game or two in before the playoffs, assuming he is healthy - but I definitely would not want to rush him back before he is actually healthy.

With Drouin on LTIR, they can activate Gallagher

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

With Drouin on LTIR, they can activate Gallagher

Forgot that his leave created more room. I guess it also depends on how much time Drouin needs. Could be couple of weeks, could be remainder of the year. I think the last time someone was off for undisclosed reason was Brisbois (not counting Kassian - since there was a known substance abuse situation). 
in any event, I hope they don’t try and rush Gallagher back, just cause there is room. He’s had the worst luck with hand injuries. Hopefully, he is actually ready to go when he returns, rather than trying to gut it out.

9 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

... I guess it also depends on how much time Drouin needs ...

There has been "talk" on some non-Bob-McKenzie-like sites that Drouin may not even be back in the playoffs

10 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

There has been "talk" on some non-Bob-McKenzie-like sites that Drouin may not even be back in the playoffs

Oh, I know he may not be back this year. We have no idea when he’ll be back. As much of a critic I’ve been of him, I think the important thing is for him to sort out whatever he took the leave for.  

4 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I hope Byron is back to play some oilers games. Watching him match Mcdavid's speed, and check him so well, was pretty impressive. 

I wouldn’t mind him taking Frolik’s place. But if Tatar is also ready to be back, I’d rather have Tatar than Byron - and I don’t think Evans should be the one sitting for Byron either.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I wouldn’t mind him taking Frolik’s place. But if Tatar is also ready to be back, I’d rather have Tatar than Byron - and I don’t think Evans should be the one sitting for Byron either.

This will be a bone of contention. When the roster is full again who sits?

We add Tatar, Byron, Gallagher that means three come out. Frolik is very likely even though he is playing well. 

Evans and Lehkonen? They are both great and Caufield is our playoff beast. 

Kotkaniemi will likely go back to centre  or maybe he is Evans winger? 

IDK who sits but Ducharme has a tough job figuring that out. 

5 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We add Tatar, Byron, Gallagher that means three come out. Frolik is very likely even though he is playing well. 

I’d add Gallagher (obviously!!!) and Tatar. Don’t see a real need to take add Byron.

id sit Stall and Frolik.

habing said that I can’t see DD sitting old man Stall. 
I would like to think he would give Evans a LOT of rope before he sat him again.

4 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Those are two major injuries for Teasdale. I hope he is not another prospect that is lost to the Hab’s voodoo curse that mangled Ikonen’s, Juulse’s, Bournival’s, Geoffrion’s and so many others

Didn't that curse start with that guy #9 who was way to fragile for the NHL? 

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Because of the emergency recalls, the first three to come out of the lineup are Frolik, Evans, Caufield.   You can put those three in any order, but you can't take out Lehkonen or anyone else before all three of them are removed. 

This applies until the Laval Rocket play their last game on May 17th. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Because of the emergency recalls, the first three to come out of the lineup are Frolik, Evans, Caufield.   You can put those three in any order, but you can't take out Lehkonen or anyone else before all three of them are removed. 

This applies until the Laval Rocket play their last game on May 17th. 

That makes sense cause all are emergency players. I forgot!