Injury news

Commandant

26 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Carey Price is skating but will not join the team in Ottawa. 

He will travel to Toronto. 

I would expect he needs at least a practice or two taking live action shots to both see how sharp he is and  to be certain the concussion is OK (skating and exercise are one thing, live action another) ... a logical return would seem to be Saturday against Toronto and the two against Edmonton ... a good test, both mentally/physically and in terms of performance, to see if he is ready for the playoff grind

35 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Booooooo

:(

8 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That is really too bad, he was having an excellent year. 

Last thing he needed at this juncture. Oh well, what can you do.

9 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Danault not expected to be out long-term, but is being evaluated tomorrow. 

Supposedly an upper body injury ... but the below replay doesn't seem to show any upper body contact

Apparently the injury has been nagging for a few days but the team saw no reason to expect it would get worse in-game

Carey back in gull gear ... but seemingly nothing intensive ... positive but no promise of anything soon

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/medical-update-byron-danault-gallagher-weber--price/c-324451942?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=CHCcontent&utm_content=EN-0507-MedicalUpdate

Official update on 5 injured Habs, but not much we didn't already know. Danault has returned to Montreal and will not play tomorrow.

Now we know more about Danault and it's not good news.  He has a concussion which probably takes him out of the lineup for the two Edmonton games.  For some reason, I immediately thought of an Edmonton writer celebrating at this news after he called Danault a noted cheap-shot artist last month, a comment so random that it has stuck with me all this time.

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Now we know more about Danault and it's not good news.  He has a concussion which probably takes him out of the lineup for the two Edmonton games ...

As nothing seemed to happen last game to cause a concussion and DD said Danault had been bothered for a few days why was he playing?   In this day&age, even a few days of just headaches should be cause to consider a concussion ... if there were any other symptoms that just makes it worse ... especially if there was any type of contact in the game previous to the symptoms that could possibly have caused a concussion ... this concerns me.

58 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Are they resting the whole core group even before we clinch a playoff spot? 

That”s what I think . Up to the last couple of games where they may play some of them like they do in pre-season 

I dont think they are lying about Danault having a concussion.  If you want to rest him, you don't let him play half a period, pull him and go the rest of the game double shifting cause you are down to 11 forwards.  Defeats the purpose to rest one guy and over tax the others.  If you were coming up with something to rest him you pull him before the game and have Belzile or another taxi squad guy in the lineup.

The others Weber, gallagher, byron, Price, we know they were hurt.  They missed big games.  We saw the injuries happen.

Drouin, seems serious, not rest.

So i dont think this is resting anyone.

21 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I dont think they are lying about Danault having a concussion.  If you want to rest him, you don't let him play half a period, pull him and go the rest of the game double shifting cause you are down to 11 forwards.  Defeats the purpose to rest one guy and over tax the others.  If you were coming up with something to rest him you pull him before the game and have Belzile or another taxi squad guy in the lineup.

The others Weber, gallagher, byron, Price, we know they were hurt.  They missed big games.  We saw the injuries happen.

Drouin, seems serious, not rest.

So i dont think this is resting anyone.

don't know if you are replying to me or someone else, but I'll chime in

I posted above that I believe they are resting the core... I'll change that to "they are not rushing players back" if you prefer.

Also, one or two of the injured players probably could have played in a playoff 7th game if needed, but that situation did not present itself. If after the first game against the Oilers the team has not clinched, maybe they play one of these injured palyers

Knowing that Price has been ruled out for the last two games, should the Habs consider asking him to take a conditioning stint in Laval to try to get him into a game before the playoffs start?  (Laval's last game is on the 17th, by the way so if he's not ready by Wednesday, he could be ready by the time Laval's schedule wraps up.)  

40 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Knowing that Price has been ruled out for the last two games, should the Habs consider asking him to take a conditioning stint in Laval to try to get him into a game before the playoffs start?  (Laval's last game is on the 17th, by the way so if he's not ready by Wednesday, he could be ready by the time Laval's schedule wraps up.)  

Absolutely IMO ... assuming the plan is for him to tend the nets in the playoffs ... doing so with no prep games would be asking too much of the Carey Price of 14/15, let alone the Price of this season.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Absolutely yes.

He needs to face shots and not go in cold. 

1 hour ago, illWill said:

I have confidence that Price will be on top of his game when the playoffs begin, regardless of what he does before then. 

It's been two years since he's been anything close to being on top of his game, and four years removed from truly being on it.  They're only going to win if they can recapture their scoring magic from early in the season. But since this team is great at surprising for brief stretches, they'll probably shock the Leafs and then get swept.

52 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

It's been two years since he's been anything close to being on top of his game, and four years removed from truly being on it.  They're only going to win if they can recapture their scoring magic from early in the season. But since this team is great at surprising for brief stretches, they'll probably shock the Leafs and then get swept.

Did you watch the team in the bubble last year?

Wait a minute, i am pretty sure i read all year Price sucks, but Allen is great. Even with in the same number of games Price is above 500 and Allen is below 500? 

Why do they need Price?