Injury news

Commandant

10 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

(TVA) commentators said he got out for one more shift before calling it a game 

Ahh, that makes sense.  Thx!!

I was confused because somebody in the game thread mentioned that Evans was injured and then I swear I saw him play again after that.  At first I wasnt sure if he was injured or not and thought they might be benching him.   

34 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Ahh, that makes sense.  Thx!!

I was confused because somebody in the game thread mentioned that Evans was injured and then I swear I saw him play again after that.  At first I wasnt sure if he was injured or not and thought they might be benching him.   

I posted in the game thread he was injured when TVA showed the video replay, but I was listening to the TSN 690 audio so I could not m kw what they were discussing 

I think it was at the I ternissions they mentionned he returned one more shift 

any who... he is hurt 

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

OH NO ... the Habs are doomed ... 

Evans - no hospitalization, he remains at the hotel. Concussion. Out indefinitely. 

Marinaro tweeted that Petry dislocated the last two fingers on his right hand but the doctor was able to reduce the dislocation w/o surgery although he may need off-season surgery. Game time decision is probably on how is able to manage pain- hold stick and shoot. 

Petry's absence for any games in the semis would obviously put added pressure on the defence ... even more so if Colorado wins, given the altitude issue raised by TCC above.

Fortunately, no need to rush Evans back in as I am not certain there is an obvious player who needs to come out (now that Tartar is sitting).

47 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Merrill will be out another 10 days or so - he won't be ready to start the third round as a result.

Do you think he would/should draw back in once healthy? 

48 minutes ago, DON said:

I think that will be answered by how well Romanov and Gustafsson fare against the Vegas/Colorado onslaught in the first few games. It'll be a very different team from the Jets, and that will surely have an impact on their effectiveness.

It seems to be falling on deaf ears , but I’ll post it (“say it”) again

Gustafson looks good when playing with Weber

43 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

didnt notice him, aside from 2 plays, flukey shot for goal and SH goal against

is said he sucks bad, in own end but maybe Weber is more focused defending when has boat anchor (defensively) next to him.., Markov with Komisarik-like.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Once I accepted that he is what he is, I found the great parts of his game. He has a lot of swagger and keen offensive instincts. He is capable of great plays too in the Dzone. The fly in his ointment is he makes really, really, really stupid mistakes on a fairly regular basis. 

He is Sheldon Souray without the punching abilities. 

30 minutes ago, DON said:

didnt notice him, aside from 2 plays, flukey shot for goal and SH goal against

is said he sucks bad, in own end but maybe Weber is more focused defending when has boat anchor (defensively) next to him.., Markov with Komisarik-like.

The way Ducharme is deploying him (with a more defensive D partner), I think he is pretty effective. The advanced stats show him as the highest xG% (of the D-men) for the Winnipeg series, giving up few scoring chances against and generating many scoring chances for -- even 5 on 5.

He had a bad reputation coming in, but apparently Bergevin and Ducharme had seem some potential, and so far they have been able to turn it into reality. At least against the Jets it was working out pretty well, apart from the PP mistake that resulted in a goal.

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Upon quick review of the last game's timesheets, I believe that Gustaffson played far more of his 8:32 of 5-on-5 TOI with the other non-Romanov defencemen than with Weber ... not certain there is sufficient sample size to draw any conclusions

• Like 1

60pt d-man 2 years ago, on 34pt pace in Philly this year and has got 3pts in 7 playoff games. So he seems to have some offense for sure.

Maybe he is like Petry and defending he simply forgets how to do it consistently or well, like Souray or MAB (who was the softest d-man to ever play in the NHL)

6 hours ago, DON said:

Not sure he should but it wouldn't surprise me if he would.  He seemed to clearly be ahead of Kulak, Gustafsson, and Romanov on the depth chart before the injury and unless Gustafsson has really stood out, I don't think any of the others have done enough to boost their standing.  It can be suggested that Kulak is better than Merrill but it seems pretty clear that the coaching staff feels otherwise.

Any word on whether or not Petry is practicing, or are playoff practices closed to public?

Any word on Evans skating, or making progress yet?

Just now, DON said:

Any word on whether or not Petry is practicing, or are playoff practices closed to public?

Any word on Evans skating, or making progress yet?

Petry didn't skate today.  Evans has progressed to off-ice workouts, nothing on-ice yet.

• Like 1