Injury news

Commandant

33 minutes ago, DON said:

Oh, I am relaxed man and I get sarcasm and facetiousness even, but also understand inane or purerile. Perhaps you are just lugubrious, which would be odd given Habs spot in the standings.:youpi:

Did someone deliver you a thesaurus instead of the newspaper this morning? :)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Did someone deliver you a thesaurus instead of the newspaper this morning? :)

Pretty much and just goofing around, not a wordsmith that is for darn sure.:nuts:

I would like to know how it is Shaw returned to action after the Krug hit, if he was concussion.  These guys continue to play Russian Roulette with their brains.

Meanwhile, this injury robs us of yet another guy who can plausibly plug into the top-6 if necessary. Habs are in tough right now.

15 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I would like to know how it is Shaw returned to action after the Krug hit, if he was concussion.  These guys continue to play Russian Roulette with their brains.

From the sounds of it, he passed the baseline test after getting hit and even made it through a full practice on Wednesday.  It was only on Thursday afternoon that he started displaying symptoms.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

And now everyone waits with bated breath to see what happens with Markov, who left tonight's game with a lower body injury.

Meanwhile, in the Hockey Gods headquarters...

"Sir, they're onto us with the injuries to the centremen. What do we do?"

*dusts off an old recipe* "Well I haven't done this one in awhile..."

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Meanwhile, in the Hockey Gods headquarters...

"Sir, they're onto us with the injuries to the centremen. What do we do?"

*dusts off an old recipe* "Well I haven't done this one in awhile..."

:angry::angry::angry:

What should we do? Sacrifice a goat? 

1 hour ago, JMMR said:

Anyone think the Markov injury is worse than the Canadiens are letting on?

Or are they just giving Andrei a nice extended Christmas with his family? 

No and no.  For the second no, it's not as if he has already gone home; he's still with the team.  For the first no, Therrien had this quote from yesterday:

"We didn't want to rush things with this injury. He'll be re-evaluated on a daily basis. The most important thing for him and for us is that he'll be 100 percent healthy. We're going to take a step back and hope that he'll be able to hit the ice tomorrow and play the two other games this week. We're in December right now. It isn't Game 7 [of a playoff series]. We have to be smart about this," said Therrien.

The bit about it not being a playoff series suggests to me that if it was a playoff game, he'd probably be playing.  If that's the case, it can't be too serious.  It's not the end of the world for him to sit a couple of games right now.

(But given that the Habs aren't generally forthcoming with injury info, it's certainly understandable to be a bit suspicious...)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JMMR said:

The Habs certainly breed this culture of uncertainty with injuries, especially after last years "Price will be back in a few weeks, we pwomise" hullabaloo. 

6 hours ago, JMMR said:

the latter

Therrien on Markov's status:

Coach Michel Therrien also holding out hope that Andrei Markov will return from a lower-body injury. When asked about Markov’s status, Therrien said: “I don’t know, he’s still day-to-day.”

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/montreal-canadiens/canadienx-boxing-day