Injury news

Commandant

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

From CBC's Headlines segment, it doesn't sound like Andrew Shaw is close to returning yet.

That was some update on Subban as well. Possible surgery!?! We could end up winning the trade, for this year at least, based on health alone. Funny, PK always seemed like one of those super-durable guys to me, but 2016 had been a total wash for him.

10 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That was some update on Subban as well. Possible surgery!?! We could end up winning the trade, for this year at least, based on health alone. Funny, PK always seemed like one of those super-durable guys to me, but 2016 had been a total wash for him.

Nashville's public comments about this have been reminiscent of the way the Habs talk about these things.  He's out for a couple of games, then they'll reevaluate.  A week later, he's out for a couple more games and if he's still out, we'll look at him again at that time.  It certainly will be beneficial for the Habs that he's not available when they play the Preds on Tuesday.

That's too bad and do hope his injury isn't start of nagging back problem. Gonna have to hope he is back for Pred game in Montreal, but didn't sound encouraging on CBC. 

Having watched that TV special about his off-season, I kinda wonder whether PK might be overdoing it, pushing his body to a point where it becomes more vulnerable to injury. Anyway, it must be just killing him to miss the game against the Canadiens. That sucks.

If any more key players get injured I expect Bergevin's press conferences are just going to be him taking shots of cheap whiskey and quietly sobbing after every question. 

And I'll be joining him. 

Meanwhile, in the Hockey God headquarters...

"Sir, you have to stop. We can't do anymore! No one team deserves this. It's too much!!!"
"You know what's too much? The good feelings Byron gave everyone when he reached a new career high in points. Take him out. And Gallagher's been finding his game lately... give him the same injury as last season!!"

"No wonder your wife left you."

fin

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Meanwhile, in the Hockey God headquarters...

"Sir, you have to stop. We can't do anymore! No one team deserves this. It's too much!!!"
"You know what's too much? The good feelings Byron gave everyone when he reached a new career high in points. Take him out. And Gallagher's been finding his game lately... give him the same injury as last season!!"

"No wonder your wife left you."

fin

This is funny because I believe it to be 100% true.

What's the tally right now?

Forwards:

Byron - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Hudon - Desharnais - Shaw

Defence:

Markov - Pateryn

18 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

The Hockey God's wife is a Habs fan and she left him. But he can't just ruin her team, no... no, there is still love there. Instead he injures her players in the hopes that she'll return to him, even if it's just to tell him to stop... just so he can hear her voice again. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

What's the tally right now?

Forwards:

Byron - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Hudon - Desharnais - Shaw

Defence:

Markov - Pateryn

Might be better than it seems.

On your list, only Gallagher should be out for an extended period. Pateryn as well if you consider a month to be long term.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 5:04 PM, PMAC said:

Hockey Gods: "Hey, the Canadiens main weakness last year was goaltending depth, right?"

Habs fans: "...ya..."

HG: "But they improved it this year, right?"

Hf: "...ya..."

HG: "Soooooooo what's their main weakness this season?"

Hf: "Why do you ask?"

HG: "No reason."

HF: [Walks away puzzled]

HG: "Muuuuhahahahahahahaa! Take that! and that! and....."

Seeing reports that both Galchenyuk and Desharnais will be out for 6-8 weeks. John Shannon speculates that it will be after the All-Star break :-(

Altogether, repeat after me " They just have to play .500 hockey from now until...".

Hockey Gods: They are still winning?!!

Minion: yes, they are

HG: But we took out two centres and a defensemen and then Shaw and then Markov! Someone even screwed up and took out Subban!

Habs Fans: Wow, thank goodness all that 3rd and 4th Line depth Bergevin built up is paying off! Where would we be without Byron?!

HG: Muuuuhahahahahahahaa! and Muuuuuuuuuuuuhahahahahahahahaha AGAIN!!!  Take that! and that! and.....and that".  We'll even mess with Therrien's mind and get him to play Johnson over Redmond!!!

Let's see how they do without two top wingers and a 4th line AHLer in the lineup and Johnson on defense!

HG: They still won?! With their backup goalie?!

Minion: I'm afraid so.

HG: Bah! Humbug! Who will we take out next?  Einee, meanie, minee, Moe....Let's make____________ break a toe!

HF: Who do we call up next?

• Upvote 1