Injury news

Commandant

23 hours ago, Trizzak said:

The Hockey God's wife is a Habs fan and she left him. But he can't just ruin her team, no... no, there is still love there. Instead he injures her players in the hopes that she'll return to him, even if it's just to tell him to stop... just so he can hear her voice again. 

Gold jerry gold

• Upvote 1

Gallagher has a fractured left hand. Had surgery last night in Montreal and will be out a minimum of 8 weeks.

Not good news but I'm sure know one is surprised. Looked bad from first glimpse and you knew it was going to be awhile.

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:51 PM, PMAC said:

Hockey Gods: They are still winning?!!

Minion: yes, they are

HG: But we took out two centres and a defensemen and then Shaw and then Markov! Someone even screwed up and took out Subban!

Habs Fans: Wow, thank goodness all that 3rd and 4th Line depth Bergevin built up is paying off! Where would we be without Byron?!

HG: Muuuuhahahahahahahaa! and Muuuuuuuuuuuuhahahahahahahahaha AGAIN!!!  Take that! and that! and.....and that".  We'll even mess with Therrien's mind and get him to play Johnson over Redmond!!!

Let's see how they do without two top wingers and a 4th line AHLer in the lineup and Johnson on defense!

HG: They still won?! With their backup goalie?!

Minion: I'm afraid so.

HG: Bah! Humbug! Who will we take out next?  Einee, meanie, minee, Moe....Let's make____________ break a toe!

HF: Who do we call up next?

Minion: Gallagher's gone for 8 weeks, sir.

HG: EXcellleeent!! Good work! And having come from a shot by Weber after teasing them with that Pacioretty shot in practice. Pure Genius! Why the long face?

Min: Sir, with all respect, I like Gallagher, why are you doing this?

HG. Well, despite the scurrilous rumours about my wife, it has nothing to do with her. Les Canadiens were my favorites for decades...right up till the 90's. Then, when they left the Forum, traded Roy, .....I just got burned out.. I didn't care anymore

Min: (to himself) Oh, so that explains Koivu and ....

HB BUt now, I feel like one of my other original favorites is due for a rebirth after years, decades, spent wandering in the wilderness being managed like the California Golden Seals (oh, how I miss Charley Findley!)

Min But you...you....you can't mean......

HG: Yes. I have become a Toronto Maple Leaf fan again 

• Upvote 1

The hockey gods have been mostly cruel to us as of late, but at least there was one blessing bestowed upon us: DD has suffered a setback and will be out longer than expected.  This means Danault will remain a top 3 center upon Galchenyuk's return, and likely that McCarron will continue to stay up with the team.  That is a big 'plus' in my opinion, as we all know MT won't be able to help himself if DD is available to play.

26 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

The hockey gods have been mostly cruel to us as of late, but at least there was one blessing bestowed upon us: DD has suffered a setback and will be out longer than expected.  This means Danault will remain a top 3 center upon Galchenyuk's return, and likely that McCarron will continue to stay up with the team.  That is a big 'plus' in my opinion, as we all know MT won't be able to help himself if DD is available to play.

I hadn't heard that one yet.  Where did you see that report?

6 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Completely agree with you on that one. I've got nothing against DD, but I'd rather see McCarron and Danault play alot of minutes rather than seeing DD play 16 minutes a night!

27 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Thanks.  DLC isn't exactly batting 1.000 or anywhere close to it when it comes to scoops (this writer had something last week along the lines that Therrien was close to being fired, citing a CBC weather guy as a source) so I'm not sure I really believe that.  He wonders if the recent injury is why Desharnais is now on LTIR.  The truth is he was placed on LTIR before Christmas, before this reported issue occurred.

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Thanks.  DLC isn't exactly batting 1.000 or anywhere close to it when it comes to scoops (this writer had something last week along the lines that Therrien was close to being fired, citing a CBC weather guy as a source) so I'm not sure I really believe that.  He wonders if the recent injury is why Desharnais is now on LTIR.  The truth is he was placed on LTIR before Christmas, before this reported issue occurred.

I agree that a more solid source would be nice...but...trying to be optimistic here.  I want to believe!

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I find it kind of gross to celebrate any player getting injured.  

Believe me when I tell you that if I could chose, I'd much rather we had a coach that could make sensible decisions where DD is concerned, rather than DD not being available for him to make those ridiculous decisions due to injury.

20 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I boycotted posting links on the main site for more than a full year from one site because they had openly celebrated a Hab getting injured a few years ago.  I get the reasoning for why some would be happy with this news but given all the injuries they have, I'd gladly take Desharnais back over a few players that are on the active roster at the moment.

16 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Believe me when I tell you that if I could chose, I'd much rather we had a coach that could make sensible decisions where DD is concerned, rather than DD not being available for him to make those ridiculous decisions due to injury.

Sorry, is a poor excuse.:rastapop:

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I'd gladly take Desharnais back over a few players that are on the active roster at the moment.

I will grudgingly admit that he'd produce at a better clip than some of the filler currently patching holes in the lineup.

• Upvote 1

Danault will be an interesting test case for Therrien's supposedly irrational man crush on DD. Danault has performed admirably in the role, AND he has no defensive holes in his game, is much stronger on the puck than DD, etc. At face value, he'd seem to be exactly the kind of player an old school coach like The Genius would adore. And Danault's production has outstripped DD's to boot. If MT does immediately hand Danault's role to DD, we'll know there really is some kind of homoerotic affair going on. Desharnais haters aside, the move would make little sense in hockey terms.

18 hours ago, Commandant said:

I agree.  Desharnais is a useful bottom six player, and MT has no problems using him on the wing.

52 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

I agree.  Desharnais is a useful bottom six player, and MT has no problems using him on the wing.

I may not think that DD is a great player but I just can't hope he is injured. We have enough injury problems as it si.

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

I may not think that DD is a great player but I just can't hope he is injured. We have enough injury problems as it si.

Cant say I would wish injury on any player...although if Marchand got ran through the boards with clean hit from Emelin and got "a bit" banged up, I wouldn't be too upset.:youpi: