Injury news

Commandant

Scherbak out for six weeks after knee surgery

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/scherbak---surgery---out-six-weeks/c-292429796

Hemsky still dealing with concussion like symptoms

6 minutes ago, habsFan1986 said:

Well when it ?rains it pours. Price has lower body injury???????.

Has the fat lady song???? yet because she is close.

Say it ain't The Knee

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

He doesn't look right.  

I'd rather he take a week or two off, and come back at 100% than what we've been seeing. 

I agree. Be nice to see if Lindgren has the chops to play some regular season games. 

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Oh shit.  My bad.  I took Sherback's timeframe.

Julien said that Price will probably resuming practicing this week, and that the injury isn't related to the one 2 years ago.

42 minutes ago, lazy26 said:

Julien said that Price will probably resuming practicing this week, and that the injury isn't related to the one 2 years ago.

I hate to start speculation of any kind, although I'm sure it's already being speculated, but I'm not sure how much I buy into this whole injury thing.

My personal speculation is that he does have a slight injury but one that he would usually play through. That it coincided with some poor play of his leads me to believe that this may be an excuse to have start him "fresh" when feeling better. Mentally, he will have felt as though he wasn't playing up to his standards because he wasn't feeling well physically, rather than because he just isn't playing well.

When did he get hurt? What play was it, or was it in practice? Again, I'm sure there's a slight injury but there's too much to the timing and it doesn't seem as though there was a specific incident that hurt him to the extent that he wouldn't be able to suit up.

Alright he was hurt but then why did he even play in that Minnesota game? Did it become worse in that game? It seems to me that his lateral movement was struggling for longer than it should have been either way. 

Then again if there's any thing I have conspiracy theories about around here, it does surround our goaltending, oddly enough.

Any way my mind breaks it down there's something fishy.

1) Price is injured but played Minnesota because he has too much say and/or is not honest with the training staff

2) Price is injured and the Habs don't have confidence in their backup goaltending and/or team without Price

3) Price is hurting but has been lacking confidence and needed a mental break

Or the argument against...

4) Price is injured and will be back in a few games. No big deal.

Likely scenario but it still doesn't explain why Price's injury correlates with his lateral movement when his lateral movement has been struggling almost all season. At a certain point, one has to realize they are not playing up to standards and this can have an exponential effect on play. 

34 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Or maybe he was a little bit hurt and could play through it, and aggravated it and made it worse. 

there are plenty of explanations... that don't need conspiracy theories.

Price being hurt is becoming a yearly theme song. There are no positive ways to spin it unless being "unlucky" can be considered a positive. 

Your argument falls under #1. If he played through "it" and aggravated it, then the trainers are not doing their job or a Price has too much control over things. As many would say,

while he may be a competitor, he is not a doctor and he's not likely to be the one to say "I can't go today". Athletes are pretty smart in that regard but I've seen Price push himself through things before. 

Goalies get injured for short stints on nearly every team in the league, every year. 

Look at Lundqvist, Rinne, Crawford, Quick, Bishop, Rask, Bobrovsky, Schneider, Luongo and on and on.  Nearly every top goalie has a short injury from time to time.  Its part of the position. 

Unless this takes him out for months, like it did in 2015, I'm not worried about a week here or a week there.  Its the nature of the position which requires you to put the human body through a lot of unnatural positions. 

All in all let's just hope that when he does come back, he's feeling fully healthy.