Injury news

Commandant

DD will not have a place in the NHL as a scoring center long term.... i'm sorry! he's been very good but i think at some point he will be moved to the wing. if not by us then by the next team he plays for! he's also been given patches or cole all season to compensate the size issue. i think putting him on the wing with plex who's a defensive center and giving him familiarity with patches can ease that transition. right now we need to find a way to get all of cammallerri, gionta, gomez, plex and patches firing again! we cant just run with the eller line and who ever cole's playing with!

BTW anyone still think cough cough TSN's McGuire that cole needs staal to be good??

Like it or not DD has also made those guy's better!!! we see it and they said it. Size becomes an issue when you don't work or go to the dirty areas he does!!! He is not my fav player but give the guy credit he has been great and will get better.

maybe im wrong.... but i think the habs are better with gomez in the line up not out of it!

that 7.5 million is tied to the cap no matter what so get over it! he's not going to the bulldogs so forget that one to.. this isnt fantasy hockey here. gomez outside of a trade is not going anywhere. and ya we are a way better team with him in the line up then out of the line up! thats my opinion though....

Sorry i guess i offend you wasn't what i was trying to do but come on really who in our top nine do u take out for him? He helps us in noway at all he is washed up. and it is about the money if he made 500,000 thou we would still want him gone. 7.5 gets you a superstar he is not and yes bob is to blame for it. Press box!!!!!!! or khl

Like it or not DD has also made those guy's better!!! we see it and they said it. Size becomes an issue when you don't work or go to the dirty areas he does!!! He is not my fav player but give the guy credit he has been great and will get better.

agreed he is playing well... however, i said long term he'll get moved

Sorry i guess i offend you wasn't what i was trying to do but come on really who in our top nine do u take out for him? He helps us in noway at all he is washed up. and it is about the money if he made 500,000 thou we would still want him gone. 7.5 gets you a superstar he is not and yes bob is to blame for it. Press box!!!!!!! or khl

never offended..... i just think if we want to do well we got to get him going to as well as the other vets

Cammy gave an awful interview today saying that the team was playing like losers.

Could be on his way out of town...

Media is spinning this interview like crazy though too.

If Josh Gorges gives the exact same interview the story is told that "gorges steps up, calls out his teammates, wants the team to play with more confidence and stop the loser mentality. What a leader."

Cammy says it and it becomes "Cammy criticizes teammates, calls them losers, wants to be traded. Selfish player, not a leader."

Such bullshit.

• Upvote 1

Gionta's a no-go for the next 3 games while Gomez isn't likely to play tomorrow either. White, meanwhile, has missed the last 14 weeks with this hernia issue, one that was 'only' supposed to take 10-12. He's skating regularly (but not with the team) and there remains no timetable for his return. I would hope that since he's skating right now he's within a couple weeks of returning.

Done for the year??

I dunno...muscle surgery doesn't sound like it's something you come back from quickly. I'm thinking Huselius (although that was one of the worst muscle tears possible) time....4-6 weeks easy.

Gio done for 6 months or so. I've never considered this before, but... time to trade for the future? Montreal is just about out of options for this season.

• Upvote 1

Gio done for 6 months or so. I've never considered this before, but... time to trade for the future? Montreal is just about out of options for this season.

You have a confirmation on the 6 months... I'm seeing a lot of differing things depending on how severe the tear is; and no word from habs on severity..

Though my best case scenario of 2-3 months pretty much kills his regular season too

If Josh Gorges gives the exact same interview the story is told that "gorges steps up, calls out his teammates, wants the team to play with more confidence and stop the loser mentality. What a leader."

Cammy says it and it becomes "Cammy criticizes teammates, calls them losers, wants to be traded. Selfish player, not a leader."

Such bullshit.

haha you might be very right about this.

The real question is : why the hell did I post this in there in the first place ???

Well I guess we don't have to worry about the lack of chemistry between Plex and Gionta anymore.

You have a confirmation on the 6 months... I'm seeing a lot of differing things depending on how severe the tear is; and no word from habs on severity..

Though my best case scenario of 2-3 months pretty much kills his regular season too

Yeah, I'm sure Plex and Blunden will have great chemistry. ;)

Blunden???? You've got to be friggin kidding me!!!

Such bullshit.

I dunno, if you read the full comments, they have a decided whiff of complaining about the coaching, not just his colleagues. Considering that he seems to have been a key element in firing Martin, I find that pretty rich. Might be time for him to go.

I dunno, if you read the full comments, they have a decided whiff of complaining about the coaching, not just his colleagues. Considering that he seems to have been a key element in firing Martin, I find that pretty rich. Might be time for him to go.

What the full comments miss is that this is an interview. You merely have the answers so it reads like a rant, and like first he says "I need more ice time" and then immediately starts in on, "We're a bunch of losers"....

But thats not how things go in these situations. Cammalleri isn't doing a rant... this isn't a soliloquy, this is an interview.

Question

Cammy what happened on those two goals you were on the ice for?

- answer about messing up his coverage, not feeling he's in the game, used to more ice time.....

Few other questions go by

Cammy why is the team struggling

- we're playing like losers.

Written the way it is in LaPresse, with the questions removed and commentary in between by Gagnon its an indictment of the organization..

Written by Basu on NHL.com it reads a heck of a lot differently.

And I bet if we had the actual reporters tape, it would be even more different.

I hate this type of journalism, its B.S. and its exactly what Fox News does... they report the story, but cut it in such a way and report it in such a way that player can't claim its false, but the reporter is also the one telling the narrative.

Look at what Dave Stubbs said about the article.

Many think Cammy's rant is a distraction in #Habs room. It's not. Players consider source of anything like this & digest it accordingly

Same words from different players would have different impact. You'd get different meanings if your brother ranted rather than your sister

#Habs room is an unrelated family. Some guys get along' date=' others don't. For better or worse, they're in it together. Win or lose

An opinion is never wrong. Today was Cammy's personal observation of #Habs current state. Teammates are entitled to agree/disagree with it

Today was a #Habs player w/ diminished output & ice time saying his piece. All players are free to offer their view...

Not agreeing or disagreeing w/ Cammy, but same people who love his candor in good times are trashing him now w/o knowing #Habs from inside

Cammy has enormously turned heat up on himself to produce. If Gomez is back Sat vs. OTT, No. 11 might not be #Habs fans' prime target

From city's most popular player to human dartboard: #Habs Cammalleri is being buried tonight by some in French media

If quotes today were those of #Habs Price or Cole, I'd suggest fans & media would embrace players' passion. Reputation is a big part of this

First of all, I completely agree that the media often spins stories in order to make something out of nothing and this case is no exception. With that being said, I think it is also right to interpret Cammy's words. Sure facial expressions and tone of voice cannot be seen and heard through a written article but some of what he is saying does seem more negative than say if Gorges, Cole or Price were indeed the ones saying the exact same thing. Cammy HAS looked pretty frustrated as of late whereas outside of a couple of games where Cole seemed frustrated as well, all three other players haven't. In responding to some of the questions about his decrease in production, Cammy deflects the responsibility to others and mentions his time of ice. I would much rather have a player simply say "I have to be better regardless of the amount I play" instead of "I'll take blame for that one mistake, but if I was playing more I would create so many other positive things that it would almost not matter". I personally do not see Cammy being moved, unless someone makes US a serious offer for him... but this time I think the truth is somewhere in the middle of the way the media has portrayed it and where Cammy stands... this report isn't the usualy full blast bias.

Also I hate to bring up the same topic over and over but in terms of Markov... with the poll on the front page... Is shutting him down for the season actually a realistic option? Or is it just something someone has thrown out there for the sake of discussion and wanting to tank this season? I know all we've heard is that he will be back after the all star break but does this mean the first week of February or just "some time" after the end of January. The question I am really asking... Does anyone actually know what's up with him? I'm assuming not.

Also I hate to bring up the same topic over and over but in terms of Markov... with the poll on the front page... Is shutting him down for the season actually a realistic option? Or is it just something someone has thrown out there for the sake of discussion and wanting to tank this season? I know all we've heard is that he will be back after the all star break but does this mean the first week of February or just "some time" after the end of January. The question I am really asking... Does anyone actually know what's up with him? I'm assuming not.

I'm not sure if it's something that the Habs would consider but having read some comments on the matter, I thought it'd make for a good poll. As the results are really close between the three, it's safe to say there are a lot of varying opinions on the topic.

Personally I think that we need to play Markov at least 20 games.

A player like Gionta, sure shut him down.

But Markov needs to play.

We quite simply can't go into July 1st with a 5.75 million dollar question mark of will he or won't he be able to play on our defence next season. Its far too limiting on the moves that need to be made.

20, I think that could be a bit hard to accomplish. I agree that for everyone's sake (not just management's but Markov's as well) that he needs to get into some games. I think 10 games is doable (I think he's out until the deadline), though the more the better if he can stay healthy.