Injury news

Commandant

11 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Let's atleast see Scherbak get a couple games. 

I think Deslauriers will ultimately take Plekanec's place on the roster with Peca shifting back to centre.  (It sounds like Shaw's in for Hudon as well.)  That will leave Scherbak on the outside looking in.

On 10/13/2018 at 3:12 PM, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I don’t hear another voice saying it but on the other end of the spectrum, I personally have high opinion of Scherbak’s future. It’s not only that De La Rose is a boring player, but Scherbak will be quite the player. Time will tell.

I just don't see why some people have such hope for this guy.  He's never shown anything on the NHL level and his window is rapidly closing.  

The Plekanec injury is suspicious.  Do you really think he is hurt or it's a way to not lose a player through waiver.  Workman's comp scam^_^

7 hours ago, Habs owned the 70's said:

I just don't see why some people have such hope for this guy.  He's never shown anything on the NHL level and his window is rapidly closing.  

The Plekanec injury is suspicious.  Do you really think he is hurt or it's a way to not lose a player through waiver.  Workman's comp scam^_^

If so, it is an  encouraging sign because it means that the management team is getting smarter ?

2 hours ago, DON said:

When is Weber expected to be back? Early or late December?

The original projection was late december

Given he started skating before the home opener, i could see him being ahead of schedule`

Well, the good news I suppose is that the Habs won't have to worry about their surplus of forwards for a while.  Plekanec will be activated into Armia's spot and Byron into Agostino's when they're ready to return.  That's a tough loss though, Armia has been a pretty useful secondary piece in the early going.

26 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Well, the good news I suppose is that the Habs won't have to worry about their surplus of forwards for a while.  Plekanec will be activated into Armia's spot and Byron into Agostino's when they're ready to return.  That's a tough loss though, Armia has been a pretty useful secondary piece in the early going.

Scherbek would take Agostino's spot first, no?

43 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Scherbek would take Agostino's spot first, no?

In the lineup?  Sure.  But Scherbak is still technically on the active (23-man) roster so making room for him on the roster isn't really a factor here.

11 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I am looking for positives in this too, the other I can think of is that we will now see if Kotka can play as well (or better) without Armia on his wing. I hope it helps him notch it up another bit

4 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am looking for positives in this too, the other I can think of is that we will now see if Kotka can play as well (or better) without Armia on his wing. I hope it helps him notch it up another bit

I was not impressed at all with Agostino last night.  I thought he had a bad game.  His hockey sense just isn't there at the NHL level, and he got caught too deep in the offensive zone several time leading to odd man rushes the other way. 

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I was not impressed at all with Agostino last night.  I thought he had a bad game.  His hockey sense just isn't there at the NHL level, and he got caught too deep in the offensive zone several time leading to odd man rushes the other way. 

Ideally I would like to see Scherbak with Kotka, but until he resurfaces maybe Shaw or Hudon would be a better fit than Agostino

42 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Yep.  Why he's got 3:26 of PP time over Lehkonen for example, is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Yep.  Why he's got 3:26 of PP time over Lehkonen for example, is beyond me.

An attempt to put him in a situation where he can succeed.  Agostino is a proven scorer in the minors but struggles to keep up.  The power play is a time where he's used to playing and the pace is often slower than 5-on-5.