Injury news

Commandant

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

Any legal CBA reason why Andrew Shaw would not be at yesterday Rona Skill contest ?

Not allowed to hit the ice or juste done for good ?

Hes injured still.  They say its a neck injury but some have speculated its also a concussion.  So he probably wasnt cleared for it.

9 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Any legal CBA reason why Andrew Shaw would not be at yesterday Rona Skill contest ?

Not allowed to hit the ice or juste done for good ?

He's at the point where he has resumed off-ice workouts.  If it is indeed a concussion as many believe, he has to clear protocol there first before he can proceed to on-ice stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Saying what the injury IS NOT isn't being transparent, Bergevin...

Likely not what they meant in transparency, by spelling out player injuries.

Would simply be "nice" if they would comment more on injury...but totally agree in not fully discussing his injury in public, simply to curb fan/talking head curiosity.

And i guess no concussion is a positive at least.

I am sad for Juulsen, he is having to battle through injuries and bad luck when he should be focusing on hockey.

I hope it doesn't compromise his NHL career

Andrew Shaw has been cleared for contact and had his first full team practice since being injured today. 

That means he's likely pretty close to a return. 

Byron is back Saturday as his suspension is over.

when Shaw is ready to be activated, the Habs would be over the roster limit.  Expect either a trade before that, or someone like Hudon will end up waived. 

42 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Andrew Shaw has been cleared for contact and had his first full team practice since being injured today. 

That means he's likely pretty close to a return. 

Byron is back Saturday as his suspension is over.

when Shaw is ready to be activated, the Habs would be over the roster limit.  Expect either a trade before that, or someone like Hudon will end up waived. 

If he clears waivers, Hudon should improve by playing lots in Laval,

I would prefer they waive Peca though 

I would not expect Hudon or  Peca to clear waivers. Hoping for a trade so that we get something back instead of losing another asset without any return 

3 hours ago, PMAC said:

I would not expect Hudon or  Peca to clear waivers. Hoping for a trade so that we get something back instead of losing another asset without any return 

Looking at the Oilers current winger situation, I see them able to make use of a guy like Hudon

Looking at their cap situation, we can also take back a bad contract that gives them more cap space as well (Talbot or Reider)

Maybe between Hudon and the Cap Space we can get an actual asset in return.  (Of course with the 23 man roster situation we would have to waive Talbot or Reider right away but I wouldn't worry about that) 

On 1/31/2019 at 1:44 PM, Trizzak said:

Saying what the injury IS NOT isn't being transparent, Bergevin...

https://www.tsn.ca/habs-d-juulsen-out-indefinitely-1.1250739

Habs released a better statement on Juulsen's injury. It is a vision related issue, he is out indefinitely, but is expected to make a full recovery.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

https://www.tsn.ca/habs-d-juulsen-out-indefinitely-1.1250739

Habs released a better statement on Juulsen's injury. It is a vision related issue, he is out indefinitely, but is expected to make a full recovery.

Well, a expected full recovery is somewhat positive at least, taking 2 pucks to same cheek in one game was just horrible luck.

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

What shoulder did he hurt, earlier in the year? It seemed like he may have hurt it again. He was so pissed off 

He had surgery on his right shoulder, and was definitely clutching his left arm yesterday.  Hopefully it's nothing as serious as before.

On 2019-02-04 at 12:06 PM, lazy26 said:

Any update on Byron?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Byron will not travel to Columbus. I feel like a questionable (but not egregious) hit on a third pair guy which has been punished with a strict 3 game suspension and followed up with an apology by the much smaller , clean playing offender, should suffice. The fact that the code came into this annoys me. It was selfish of byron IMO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Byron will not travel to Columbus. I feel like a questionable (but not egregious) hit on a third pair guy which has been punished with a strict 3 game suspension and followed up with an apology by the much smaller , clean playing offender, should suffice. The fact that the code came into this annoys me. It was selfish of byron IMO.

Right. The whole point of suspensions is that they are supposed to represent sufficient punishment for bad deeds. Further retribution (and therefore fighting) should be unnecessary. Where official discipline has been meted out, the asinine ‘code’ should be redundant. Byron was stupidly trying to be Old School. Now he’s paid twice for what he did, and for no reason.

• Upvote 1

The 'Code' is the NHL's version of bullying, and it is allowed to exist.  Very strange concept when you think about it in 2019.  Then again, the NHL is all about 'Old School' politics.  Don't celebrate too much, don't check a big player if you are a small one, don't do this and don't do that.

A lot of BS if you ask me.

Some on here (and other places) are calling Byron dumb for fighting, yet despite what Weegar says - he left Byron little choice.  Truth is it happens all the time in the NHL, and I bet at least half the posters on this board would say something like - "the NHL is a man's league, Byron needs to man up".   Weegar should be getting a 'severe' instigator suspension if the league were really serious about putting an end to this kind of thing.  And Weegar himself admitted to being the instigator by 'asking' Byron to fight.

• Like 1