Jump to content
Commandant

Injury news

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Should have traded him while value was high.

 

Yes a short term injury normally kills the value of a hockey player. 

 

Just like when Max Pacioretty hurt his knee in March 2018, missed 4-6 weeks (the remainder of that season) after he wasn't traded at the 2018 trade deadline.  Totally killed his value in the summer. 

 

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/03/05/following-knee-injury-have-we-seen-last-of-max-pacioretty-with-canadiens/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Just an awful way to end his season that was turning around in Laval.

 

Very unfortunate, but it's pretty much what I expected once I found out it was a spleen injury.

 

The bright side to this is that it is not an injury that is likely to recur later in his career. And he will have six months to rehab, and to get his game into shape for next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

 

Very unfortunate, but it's pretty much what I expected once I found out it was a spleen injury.

 

The bright side to this is that it is not an injury that is likely to recur later in his career. And he will have six months to rehab, and to get his game into shape for next season.

Which is what they say he didn't do last summer and seems they were generally disappointed with his readiness at camp.

I was kinda hoping demotion to AHL would light a fire under his ass, but another set-back just sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Should have traded him while value was high.

Of course YOU would  find some rathole to go down.

Most teams do love to punt their #1 scorer at the deadline, as they are a dime a dozen and so easy to replace in July.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DON said:

Of course YOU would  find some rathole to go down.

Most teams do love to punt their #1 scorer at the deadline, as they are a dime a dozen and so easy to replace in July.

You mean how ottawa didn’t trade their top scorers last years deadline when it was clear they weren’t in the playoffs, or how Tatar was orig originally traded by Detroit to Vegas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

You mean how ottawa didn’t trade their top scorers last years deadline when it was clear they weren’t in the playoffs, or how Tatar was orig originally traded by Detroit to Vegas?

 

Ottawa and Detroit are such better teams today cause they made these moves. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DON said:

Of course YOU would  find some rathole to go down.

Most teams do love to punt their #1 scorer at the deadline, as they are a dime a dozen and so easy to replace in July.

 

Whether we should or should not have traded Tatar at the deadline is just pure speculation as we will never know what MB was offered. Tatar is a valuable member of the Habs, has 1 year left on his contract and seems to like it here.  The return would have to be substantial, not just a late 1st round pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DON said:

Which is what they say he didn't do last summer and seems they were generally disappointed with his readiness at camp.

 

Quite. We can only hope that both Kotkaniemi and the Habs learned from that experience, and that he will be undergoing a rather different training regimen this year, including a lot more skating.

 

2 hours ago, DON said:

I was kinda hoping demotion to AHL would light a fire under his ass, but another set-back just sucks.

 

He did play much better in Laval, in the dozen or so games that he was there before his injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

 

Ottawa and Detroit are such better teams today cause they made these moves. 

Ottawa positioned themselves very well this draft, with the number of picks they have, including multiple lottery picks.  Their pick also looks better than KK and have a young stud at D.

 

detroit started their year down too late - which is the same path we are on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

You mean how ottawa didn’t trade their top scorers last years deadline when it was clear they weren’t in the playoffs, or how Tatar was orig originally traded by Detroit to Vegas?

You want to follow Ottawa's recipe and the worst team in NHL history in the WIngs? You are joking arnt you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

 

Quite. We can only hope that both Kotkaniemi and the Habs learned from that experience, and that he will be undergoing a rather different training regimen this year, including a lot more skating.

 

 

He did play much better in Laval, in the dozen or so games that he was there before his injury.

 

13 points in 12 games before the injury (13 in 13 including the game he left early).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Detroit is the worst team since the 2005 lost season... yeah lets copy that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DON said:

You want to follow Ottawa's recipe and the worst team in NHL history in the WIngs? You are joking arnt you?

No, I want to avoid the Detroit recipe if trying to squeeze in when they should have started reloading earlier and as far as ottawa goes, they are better positioned to stockpile elite prospects (not just merely good prospects).  Their issue is with their wingnut owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Detroit is the worst team since the 2005 lost season... yeah lets copy that. 

Because holland kept giving bad contracts to old guys and waited to too long to reload.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Commandant said:

 

13 points in 12 games before the injury (13 in 13 including the game he left early).

BUT, why no goals in minors (1 yes, empty netter) do you think, is it a mental block to always look to pass and not shoot or go hard to net (DD, Hemsky and likely lots of others seemed similar). Lack of confidence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny how EVERY prospect ranking out there has us ahead of the Wings and Ottawa in terms of the prospects in our system. 

 

Guess they just don't see things through your anti-Bergevin prism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DON said:

BUT, why no goals in minors (1 yes, empty netter) do you think, is it a mental block to always look to pass and not shoot or go hard to net (DD, Hemsky and likely lots of others seemed similar). Lack of confidence?

 

He's always been more of a playmaker than a goal scorer, and he was a bit snakebit not to score some of the chances he had.  He played really well and was dominant in many games. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Funny how EVERY prospect ranking out there has us ahead of the Wings and Ottawa in terms of the prospects in our system. 

 

Guess they just don't see things through your anti-Bergevin prism. 

That’s because their recent picks are actually top players on their team (tkachuk, chancy). Whose out last draft pick that is an impact player - Gallagher.

 

they've also got Brannstrom, Batherson, pinto, norris and will have a couple of high lottery picks this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So these top players are on their team, but their team is shit.... ok.....

 

Also don't care about Pinto and Norris... we have guys like Evans and Poehling who are the same. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, at least any player with nagging injury (Weber?) should appreciate time off to heal and get ready for the mad June push to get to the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...