Injury news

Commandant

White has been skating but hasn't been in a team practice yet. I'd be stunned if he was in the lineup before the All-Star break. Same goes for Markov and (obviously) Gionta. There's no imminent help from the infirmary, this is the team moving forward for a while (until the next trade at least).

Must be from practice; he hasn't had a training camp.

I thought he was already skating just not yet contact. Heard yesterday that someone said roughly 2 weeks from practice however.

Here's a fun rumour: Markov's knee, while strong and not swelling, is still a little behind, and the chances of him practicing, let along being in the lineup, by the end of the month, let alone the All-Star festivities, is remote.

There's only a couple days difference between the ASB and the end of the month. As he isn't skating, the suggestion he won't be back this month shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. In a perfect world (no more setbacks), it's at least mid-February now.

Here's a fun rumour: Markov's knee, while strong and not swelling, is still a little behind, and the chances of him practicing, let along being in the lineup, by the end of the month, let alone the All-Star festivities, is remote.

I heard a rumour that Markov is actually suing the organization.

I heard a rumour that Markov is actually suing the organization.

If this was true, it would be reported. Any lawsuit filed is public record, and there are media types paid to just sit at the court houses and look to see if interesting lawsuits are filed.

I've never actually checked. Where would one look? I heard this from a Russian friend. He was the one who "enlightened" me with the Price and Russian Mob issues with a boss' daughter.

If this was true, it would be reported. Any lawsuit filed is public record, and there are media types paid to just sit at the court houses and look to see if interesting lawsuits are filed.

Very true I used to be one. ;)

Where do you look for cases?  What about grievances with the NHLPA, are they public as well?

Grievances with the NHLPA are union business first and not public. Unless the sides aren't satisfied with the mediators decision and decide to take it to a tribunal or court.

In Ontario, there is a computer in the big court houses which you can search for any case on, by last name, and stuff. Then you find the file number and ask the court staff to hand you the file. You can read about anyone. Its all public documents, unless ordered sealed by the court (which is extremely, extremely rare, and this case probably wouldn't have reasons for it.

Heard on radio today: Markov is out for the season. Can't find anything yet in the news.

Absolutely right. I work in the medias and can tell you that it would be public already if he was actually suing the team.

Only official news on Markov is that he still hasn't started skating since the december surgery.

Well, it doesn't look good anyway. If I remember well, Gauthier said that he would be back in 4 to 6 weeks. It will be longer, obviously. I wonder if those scar tissues have all been removed; if not, he might lose the entire season I suppose. Let's hope not.

That explains alot of things one of which is how you been able to articulate on so many fronts and levels. It is a pleasure each day to get your take.

Thank you very much.

I really do enjoy the site, and reading others here as well. Always good to share our takes.

On the Markov deal-- I don't think it is going to really affect the outcome of this season if he comes back or not. I think if he plays a half a dozen or a dozen games at end of season, I am good with that. We need to have him ready for next season or be ready to move on. It is also time to move on in regards to this years team. Markov's injury punctuates that sentence with a period.

On the Markov deal-- I don't think it is going to really affect the outcome of this season if he comes back or not. I think if he plays a half a dozen or a dozen games at end of season, I am good with that. We need to have him ready for next season or be ready to move on. It is also time to move on in regards to this years team. Markov's injury punctuates that sentence with a period.

I absolutely agree. I've been a big supporter of waiting for Markov, of wanting him back on our blue line. He's just so good. He's a true number 1 defenceman.

However we need to see him play this season. Whether its 10 games or 15 or 20 or whatever... he needs to play. We need to know before the offseason whether he will be ready for next year. Shutting him down and playing the waiting game again leaves too many question marks.

I'm a little unclear on what you mean by "moving on" from this team though. Are you saying we should plan for next season? That I agree with completely.

However if you are suggesting "move on from this team" as in blow the whole thing up, I don't think we need to do that though, there are some good pieces. I don't want a 2009 style blow up and reset, but I think we definetely need some additions and changes, and should look at the upcoming deadline as a time to start making those surgical adjustments to the lineup.