Commandant

Injury news

If there was an AHL it might make sense to play him there... but he is better than guys like weise and hudon who we could be fourth liners in August and its better he plays in august than not play at all.  

Hes one of our 12 best forwards so play him.

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I think he should have been in the AHL earlier this year and he was rushed.  But given their may not be an AHL season, I’d say you bring him to the camp and play-in and use him if he looks good. It’s at most 5 games and than they is almost a 5 month layoff for the NHL and longer if there is no AHL season.  May as well let him okay and get though the injury butterflies now.  It’s not like there are so many great players ahead of him and i see the play-in as a mini camp anyway unless Pittsburgh really screws the pooch.

Agreed on the play-in ... from there, a "no AHL season" obviously answers the question ... hopefully by Fall there will be more clarity and overall improvement ... but I would consider loaning him to an overseas team if there is no AHL team and it would be best for his long-term development ... I'm always concerned about young players with high-end upside getting bottom six minutes ... eventually worked for Sean Couturier but took seven seasons before SC broke 20 goals or even 40 points ... he was Phil Danault for quite some time ... and much as I like and respect Danault, that is not what one hopes for form a 3rd overall pick.

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

If there was an AHL it might make sense to play him there... but he is better than guys like weise and hudon who we could be fourth liners in August and its better he plays in august than not play at all.  

Hes one of our 12 best forwards so play him.

Don't disagree ... for the play-in ... but I was looking at 20/21 ...

24 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Don't disagree ... for the play-in ... but I was looking at 20/21 ...

With no significant tv deal i think the ahl season in 20/21 is in danger.

Baseball is running MLB but no minors this summer 

Almost all the revenues for minor leagues are based on fans.