Injury news

Commandant

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I didn't think IR had a cap impact, only LTIR. Or am I confused on this?

To my understanding ... all injured players count against the cap ... LTIR is a means to mitigate the impact of the loss of the player by allowing the team to exceed the cap by up to the amount of the LTIR player's cap hit in the daily cap calculations ... the potential downside of LTIR is twofold ... if a player can return to play during the season the team must make some other move to get rid of a player(s) with a daily cap hit equal to at least the amount by which LTIR put the team over the cap (*) ... and ... if the team finishes the year over the cap because of LTIR any performance bonuses due in ELC or 35+ contracts that cannot be accounted for under the current season's cap are then applied against the following year's cap.

* - if a team is $2 million under the cap and a $5 million player goes on LTIR they can add a $2 million player without using LTIR ... if they add a $5 million player and the LTIR player returns they can move out the replacement plater or another player(s) with a total $3 million of cap hit to get under the cap and keep both $5 million players

5 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Armia is apparently on the IR list, retroactive to the original injury date.

Given that the Habs already have open spots on the roster due to the cap constraints, what would be the benefit of actually having him on the IR list?

There isn't a benefit that I can think of.  I wanted them to declare him DTD originally which would have opened up the opportunity for them to send Suzuki down for a day (he was next in the rotation and could have went down on the Friday before Saturday's third game against Vancouver).  Instead, they announced the concussion immediately in an effort to try to influence the DoPS for a suspension, clearly proving they learned nothing from the last time they tried that.  As soon as they said concussion, any opportunity for the little cap trick I thought of went out the window.

Rant aside, at this stage it doesn't really matter.  He's been out long enough to be activated at any time so there's no harm or benefit to putting him on retroactively at this point.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

That bodes well for Armia getting back in sometime next week.

So is Perry a guaranteed lock to be sent back to taxi squad when he returns? 

56 minutes ago, DON said:

For cap reasons I would guess he is ... he is on the roster and Habs are under the cap but MB may well want to (should IMO) save cap space by sending Perry to the TS ... no need to carry a 13th forward when the taxi squad travels with the team ... unlike the waiver exempt players (Evans, KK, Suzuki) it costs him no money ... have to wonder if they would carry a 7th defenceman if Mete didn't have to pass through waivers to be taxi'd.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Probably not a guarantee but he'd be the favourite.  They can afford to keep him up full-time but do they want to?  That would eliminate most of their ability to make any in-season pickups. 

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Probably not a guarantee but he'd be the favourite.  They can afford to keep him up full-time but do they want to?  That would eliminate most of their ability to make any in-season pickups. 

And it would get Perry that much closer to having to clear waivers again.

Armia has been activated off IR with Perry and Kotkaniemi both being sent to the taxi squad so the Habs are back to 18 healthy skaters.  If they want to bring Perry up again, it will start to count against his regular 10/30 clock.

39 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Armia has been activated off IR with Perry and Kotkaniemi both being sent to the taxi squad so the Habs are back to 18 healthy skaters.  If they want to bring Perry up again, it will start to count against his regular 10/30 clock.

That is great to have Armia back for Wednesday. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Sounds like we’ll see Anderson tonight! 

Toffoli - KK - Anderson, by the sounds  of things. Anderson will be a big confidence boost to the team. 

that would be an excellent line, who would the saddle Suzuki and Drouin with?

16 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I guess that was the good 💩 you were talking about! :gohabsgo:

Your jinx appears to work in reverse, too.

LOL

Not good news for Chiarot

20 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Im so glad that they had a pointless fight off the faceoff.  Its.so.great to lose a player due to injury for this.

Has there been any rational analysis/explanation of why (rightly or wrongly) the two decided to fight?

Not debating that it was unnecessary.

25 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Has there been any rational analysis/explanation of why (rightly or wrongly) the two decided to fight?

Not debating that it was unnecessary.

Miller got off the Canucks bench and asked Chiarot to fight.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Miller got off the Canucks bench and asked Chiarot to fight.

Nothing between them before that in the game?