Injury news

Commandant

But no player is an untouchable so I would conider trading any player if it imporved out team. With that said I am really hoping those getzlaf to Montreal rumours are true.

If I got a choice between Getzlaf and Perry and I have no knowing they'll re-sign in Montreal, I'm taking Perry. Stronger, healthier, nastier and can get points without the help of anyone. Getzlaf is struggling this season. Perry was simply struggling for a little while. He's on fire again and we'll probably see Perry score 40 goals.

Edited by Machine of Loving Grace

I like Perry alot but we have big wingers. We need seriously size down the middle. As for toughness Perry does fight more but Getzlaf plays dirty. Kind of like a Chara vs Pronger debate. Chara would destroy him in a fight but Pronger plays on edge and hacks and cross checks and just plays mean. Personally I would go with Getzlaf since we seem to have that big depth on the wing.

Be careful,you named 3 Euros and the Xenophoe police will be on you. I'll cut Pleks some slack as he seems to be just totally frustrated with the organization,and rightly so.it's a pretty disjointed team,as bad as I've seen since the Houle years.

Frustrated with the organization? Another ridiculous claim. Stop getting in people's heads, you look foolish.

I like Perry alot but we have big wingers. We need seriously size down the middle. As for toughness Perry does fight more but Getzlaf plays dirty. Kind of like a Chara vs Pronger debate. Chara would destroy him in a fight but Pronger plays on edge and hacks and cross checks and just plays mean. Personally I would go with Getzlaf since we seem to have that big depth on the wing.

Perry doesn't play dirty? I've watched Perry since London. I don't even like Perry. But if I'm deciding between a team with him or a team without him, I want a team with him. Yeah we got size on the wing but how many are going to score 40 goals? How many can even score 30 without hot linemates? Perry does it without them. I'd give up Pacioretty in a heartbeat if it meant acquiring a Corey Perry. I'd be hesitant about Getzlaf. Size or no size, Getzlaf would require his linemates to play well. Can we guarantee that in Montreal? Perry needs no guarantees.

Plus with Eller's development, we'd have Eller's size with Perry's goal scoring touch on one of the top lines. That solves your size down the middle and your goal scoring.

Perry does play on edge no denying it and he would obviously be the biggest baddest winger but to acquire him would mean Pacioretty and Subban and thats too much youth for me. I'd rather give up Subban and Pleks for a guy lime Getzlaf and secure some youth here while getting a hell of alot bigger down the middle.

The center next to goaltender is arguably the most important position because of the defensive responsibilities. Having an elite center is alot more crucial for me.

Frustrated with the organization? Another ridiculous claim. Stop getting in people's heads, you look foolish.

Not as foolish as you do sticking up for this laughingstock organization the Habs have become.Pleks is about the only player on the team with a mean streak. And he has lost that.There are many players frustrated with this organization. Get the blinders off.

Perry does play on edge no denying it and he would obviously be the biggest baddest winger but to acquire him would mean Pacioretty and Subban and thats too much youth for me. I'd rather give up Subban and Pleks for a guy lime Getzlaf and secure some youth here while getting a hell of alot bigger down the middle.

The center next to goaltender is arguably the most important position because of the defensive responsibilities. Having an elite center is alot more crucial for me.

Ah, you assume long term. I'm saying if I have no idea if these guys would sign with us, it's a trade and find out, I'm going after Perry. Getzlaf is just too many question marks to take the risk of him walking.

The only reason there's these trade rumours with those two is because it's believed that even Anaheim doesn't know their plans. And the reason why we haven't seen a trade yet is because it's possible they are going straight to UFA and going after the highest bidders a la Gomez and Drury. If this is all true, then Getzlaf and Perry only have value to a Cup contender wanting a rental.

Just a friendly reminder to all that personal attacks and/or insults won't be tolerated on this forum. Let's keep things respectful, ok?

Fair enough.

I am just a beleiver of building down the middle and we've had our share of good wingers but when's the last time we had a player like that down the middle? Back to Damphousse perhaps?

Fair enough.

I am just a beleiver of building down the middle and we've had our share of good wingers but when's the last time we had a player like that down the middle? Back to Damphousse perhaps?

Damphousse just slashed fools. I love Damphousse as he's my favourite player ever and even though he effectively switched from wing to center, he wasn't really a "big' center. He just skated tall. Lars Eller is actually an inch taller than Vinny D.

The last big center for Montreal that was a superstar was Bobby Smith

Guess that sort of reinfroces my thought process. We've had big wingers come and go but have failed to addres the center position. To me it's Staal or getzlaf that I am targeting.

Guess that sort of reinfroces my thought process. We've had big wingers come and go but have failed to addres the center position. To me it's Staal or getzlaf that I am targeting.

It's extremely hard to trade for those guys. They usually don't become available. You usually have to draft for them.

Montreal's best shot at Getzlaf will likely be if he becomes a UFA and even then, get ready to pay $9M per year for him.

It's extremely hard to trade for those guys. They usually don't become available. You usually have to draft for them.

Montreal's best shot at Getzlaf will likely be if he becomes a UFA and even then, get ready to pay $9M per year for him.

Which puzzles me why we never seem to draft them either.

There was a big rumour I heard that gauthier found a taker for the Gomez contracts because the deal included Subban. The deal was for a #1 center. I am excited yet nervous because itis Gauthier making these decisions.

Which puzzles me why we never seem to draft them either.

There was a big rumour I heard that gauthier found a taker for the Gomez contracts because the deal included Subban. The deal was for a #1 center. I am excited yet nervous because itis Gauthier making these decisions.

The board that Commandant and I were on prior to this had a guy who was a bit of an insider (I believe he worked for Sportsnet) and said Florida was willing to take Scott Gomez if Montreal could sign Brad Richards. He didn't mention Subban a part of the deal but I'm sure Gomez was tied to something.

The board that Commandant and I were on prior to this had a guy who was a bit of an insider (I believe he worked for Sportsnet) and said Florida was willing to take Scott Gomez if Montreal could sign Brad Richards. He didn't mention Subban a part of the deal but I'm sure Gomez was tied to something.

So that's obviosuly during the off season but this rumour came out 2 days ago that Montreal had a deal on the table involving Gomez and Subban to the West for a #1 center. My fear is that Gauthier brings in Statsny

Not as foolish as you do sticking up for this laughingstock organization the Habs have become.Pleks is about the only player on the team with a mean streak. And he has lost that.There are many players frustrated with this organization. Get the blinders off.

I'm not defending the team. I'm just pointing out that you simply can't get inside someones head.

Be careful,you named 3 Euros and the Xenophoe police will be on you. I'll cut Pleks some slack as he seems to be just totally frustrated with the organization,and rightly so.it's a pretty disjointed team,as bad as I've seen since the Houle years.

The difference is he named three individuals.

You said we shoudl not draft Russians because we have two many euros.

Criticize an individual all day... just don't come in here and tell me all the people of one country or continent are the same.

Perry doesn't play dirty? I've watched Perry since London. I don't even like Perry. But if I'm deciding between a team with him or a team without him, I want a team with him. Yeah we got size on the wing but how many are going to score 40 goals? How many can even score 30 without hot linemates? Perry does it without them. I'd give up Pacioretty in a heartbeat if it meant acquiring a Corey Perry. I'd be hesitant about Getzlaf. Size or no size, Getzlaf would require his linemates to play well. Can we guarantee that in Montreal? Perry needs no guarantees.

Plus with Eller's development, we'd have Eller's size with Perry's goal scoring touch on one of the top lines. That solves your size down the middle and your goal scoring.

Perry is one of the biggest, dirtiest, assholish douchebags in all of hockey.

I'd take him on my team in a second.

Yeah, he works for a sports network, i verified with him which one as he once sent me an email from his work account while I was a Mod at HFboards. He's legit. Not an on-air personality, but he's behind the scenes there. He asked me not to say which network, but it was one of the big three 24 hour sports channels (ie TSN, Sportsnet, The Score).

Basically the deal on the table was Gomez to Florida as a pure dump, with little to no return. However it was conditional on Brad Richards signing in Montreal.

Thats why Montreal Management was at Newport Sports on July 1st making a pitch to Richards, they knew if he signed that they could dump Gomez.

When Richards didn't sign and eliminated the Habs offer pretty early, Montreal told Florida they were keeping Gomez. Then Florida started splashing cash at Jovanovski, Upshall, Fleischmann, etc....

Florida wanted to use Gomez to hit the cap floor.

Yeah, he works for a sports network, i verified with him which one as he once sent me an email from his work account while I was a Mod at HFboards. He's legit. Not an on-air personality, but he's behind the scenes there. He asked me not to say which network, but it was one of the big three 24 hour sports channels (ie TSN, Sportsnet, The Score).

Basically the deal on the table was Gomez to Florida as a pure dump, with little to no return. However it was conditional on Brad Richards signing in Montreal.

Thats why Montreal Management was at Newport Sports on July 1st making a pitch to Richards, they knew if he signed that they could dump Gomez.

When Richards didn't sign and eliminated the Habs offer pretty early, Montreal told Florida they were keeping Gomez. Then Florida started splashing cash at Jovanovski, Upshall, Fleischmann, etc....

Florida wanted to use Gomez to hit the cap floor.

Another rumor. Nobody wants Gomez,cap floor or not.And if any part of it was true we'd have to give up a high draft choice and take a smaller and bad contract back

The difference is he named three individuals.

You said we shoudl not draft Russians because we have two many euros.

Criticize an individual all day... just don't come in here and tell me all the people of one country or continent are the same.

I never mentioned Russians. I mentioned that Emelin and Kovy were my favorite habs at times. I don't know why i got baited again.

Perry is one of the biggest, dirtiest, assholish douchebags in all of hockey.

I'd take him on my team in a second.

Habs hold practice/ skills comptetion/ scrimmage for the fans today.

Carey Price not participating.... he cut his foot after the game at the ACC.

Day to Day, Habs hope he can practice Tuesday and play Wednesday.