Injury news

Commandant

Some good news on the injury front, both Rene Bourque and Ryan White skated before practice today and stuck around to participate in today's optional morning skate. White said after practice that he is targeting Saturday (vs Boston) as a return date.

Colby will be out for along time I would think.

It appears he'll be missing the next game at least as he's not on the trip to Philly. White is although a weekend return is more likely. Blunden will play tomorrow unless there's a trade acquisition taking that spot.

Colby is now on IR. Does it frees a roster spot for tomorrow? I understand there's no 23-players limit after the deadline and we have 47 contracts out of 50. If I understand this right, we could have room tmorrow to add 2 or 3 players. I'm sure Brian will correct me on this tomorrow.

Colby is now on IR. Does it frees a roster spot for tomorrow? I understand there's no 23-players limit after the deadline and we have 47 contracts out of 50. If I understand this right, we could have room tmorrow to add 2 or 3 players. I'm sure Brian will correct me on this tomorrow.

I've got them at 22 on the active roster though Renaud Lavoie tweeted Beaulieu's demotion brought them to 23. That would suggest Weber was quietly activated last week when he was declared healthy. So, if this is true and the Habs add someone tomorrow by the deadline, Kaberle could be farmed out in a 'paper transaction' to free up a spot. (Then when 3 PM passes, recall him back to the bench - he doesn't have to go anywhere or do anything. That happened to White a couple years ago.) If they try to add multiple players, Blunden and Gallagher would be the ones temporarily sent down and then recalled before the Philly game. Long story short, the roster room is there.

I don't think they enforce the roster number only on a daily basis. Techanically you should never be over 23 until the 3 pm deadline. However, how could you add after, if the deadline has passed? From what I have watched over the years, you are fine as long as at the end of day you have the correct number.

I don't think they enforce the roster number only on a daily basis. Techanically you should never be over 23 until the 3 pm deadline. However, how could you add after, if the deadline has passed? From what I have watched over the years, you are fine as long as at the end of day you have the correct number.

At 3 PM, there is no limit. Before then, you must be in compliance to make a move so if a player is added, someone has to be sent down. At 3:01, he can be recalled.

Also, some positive injury news, Diaz skated briefly today at Brossard. He'll still be a few weeks away for sure though but this is a nice development.

If Diaz and Bourque are back for the playoffs, that would be as big a boost as any of the trades I have heard rumors about.

It is 11:35 and Tsn and Sportsnet are officially flailing for something to talk about. Biggest news so far, Kipper probably will stay in Calgary... Lol

Not good for Plekanec as the Habs have no replacement for what he does for 17-20 minutes per night.

Going to be a tough game with out him, will be interesting to see response from dd Gally and most of all Eller.

Not good for Plekanec as the Habs have no replacement for what he does for 17-20 minutes per night.

Going to be a tough game with out him, will be interesting to see response from dd Gally and most of all Eller.

Agree. Eller really has an opportunity to prove himself as a future replacement for Pleks.

Thank goodness MB picked up Halpern off the wire. What a steal, and just what we needed in terms of depth at C. I trust him in the 3C role and look forward to seeing him and Gally work some magic. Halpern is way underrated.

• Upvote 1

Agree. Eller really has an opportunity to prove himself as a future replacement for Pleks.

Thank goodness MB picked up Halpern off the wire. What a steal, and just what we needed in terms of depth at C. I trust him in the 3C role and look forward to seeing him and Gally work some magic. Halpern is way underrated.

Halpern played his ass off last night. No idea why the Rangers undervalued him so much.

Halpern played his ass off last night. No idea why the Rangers undervalued him so much.

Yes. Very good acquisition. He surprised me yesterday.. he still got some moves.