Injury news

Commandant

9 NHL calibre defensemen signed... and Frederic St Denis is playing a regular shift this week. What in the ######? Does Gorges get injured tonight and Mark Mitera make his debut this weekend?

Joe Callahan would be the next guy coming up with Stafford (Hamilton's #1 D) also being hurt. It'd take a lot for Mitera to come up.

Joe Callahan would be the next guy coming up with Stafford (Hamilton's #1 D) also being hurt.  It'd take a lot for Mitera to come up.

You are probably right. At a certain point the team will forget about the right/left situation and just call up the next available guy. Mitera who has sucked this year probably becomes that guy if another left defenceman gets hurt. Its funny, not only are all the injuries on defence, but they are all to guys who play on the left side.

Has Markov been skating with the team all week? ANy chance we could dress him as a 7th d-man and give him PP minutes only? Just a wild hope.

Oops read the post above, guess not. Again, I shouldn't post on drugs, lol. Had 2 wisdom teeth out today, wacked on T3s. And to think, I wisen't the wisest to begin with.

I think if we see another injury then we are going to see a drastic change. Either a trade or we'll see the team sign a guy like McCabe or something?

If it's a signing (I'd be skeptical given the 50 contract situation), I think it'd be Mara for the familiarity factor. I also think McCabe has basically retired unless he gets an offer from a team close to the Florida area, he said he doesn't want to uproot or leave his family to go play again. (Also known as the "I haven't got a good offer yet and need to put a better spin on it" strategy...)

From what I've heard, JM ruled them out completely.

I don't think it is 100% but they have not practiced so the likelyhood is quite high.

Nobody is talking about AK46 though. Any word on him or even Campoli?

So Gill is back in 2 days, Markov looks like he'll be back in 10-14 days, Campoli and Kostityn I am guessing both back before that.

Decisions decisions, decisions on the horizon.

So Gill is back in 2 days, Markov looks like he'll be back in 10-14 days, Campoli and Kostityn I am guessing both back before that.

Decisions decisions, decisions on the horizon.

A nice problem to have: too many talented players to fill the roster.

I thought Emelin looked good out there again. Did not shy back from anyone which was a very positive sign. With Gill coming back and Campoli truly not that far away I am guessing however that his role on the team will once again be in the press box?

Markov is cleared for contact, (no longer wearing the non-contact jerseys at practice).

It was to be expected, but it's still a great news. Provided everything goes well (crossing my fingers and touching wood), we should see him in the starting line-up in two weeks top.

Looks like some decisions will need to be made.

St Denis will be Hamilton bound

Diaz will be sent down I would think as well which still really leaves too many

One guy will need to go down unless they dress 7 every night and Weber plays forward.

It will be interesting it as others have said there could be 3 new injuriesby the time 6/17/79 are all back

Looks like some decisions will need to be made.

St Denis will be Hamilton bound

Diaz will be sent down I would think as well which still really leaves too many

One guy will need to go down unless they dress 7 every night and Weber plays forward.

It will be interesting it as others have said there could be 3 new injuriesby the time 6/17/79 are all back

When White heals, send Darche down.

When White heals, send Darche down.

Darche earning a 1 way contract was a horrible idea. He seems to have lost that edge and willingness. Of course that's what we see yet Martin still chose him on the PP last night ahead of Cole.

Darche earning a 1 way contract was a horrible idea. He seems to have lost that edge and willingness. Of course that's what we see yet Martin still chose him on the PP last night ahead of Cole.

I noticed that too.

What happened to the guy that worked his butt off each and every shift?

I don't about you, but I find Darche isn't bringing anything to the table this season. He is eminently replaceable.

• Upvote 1

I noticed that too.

What happened to the guy that worked his butt off each and every shift?

I don't about you, but I find Darche isn't bringing anything to the table this season. He is eminently replaceable.

Yet he plays a regular shift and gets bonus PP time......why is he chosen ahead of Cole or Eller? It just does not make sense. Even when Whie returns I am willing to bet the farm that Darche sees more ice than White. I just don't get it.