Injury news

Commandant

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201408/20/01-4793074-carey-price-donne-un-coup-de-pouce-aux-jeunes.php

First, his right knee. His sprain suffered in the final of the Eastern Conference after a collision with Rangers forward Chris Kreider has healed. The number 31 has just resumed training on ice in Kelowna, British Columbia. "Two weeks later than my usual," he admits.

But it was also, for him, a 2013-2014 season that ended in mid-May during which he played 76 games, not including preparatory meetings.

"There was still some general fatigue, he explains about his summer. With the playoffs and the Olympics, it's been a long season. "

He said peace with the way his season ended, helpless before the difficulties faced his teammates before the Rangers. "There is not much you can do except think about next season."

• 3 weeks later...

I know these are all prospects but this still is a bit of downer considering it's the first real day of rookie camp.

Stefan Fournier - injured coming into camp

Nikolas Koberstein - injured coming into camp

Dalton Thrower - injured coming into camp

Daniel Carr - non-contact jersey on the first day of on-ice drills

Connor Crisp - non-contact jersey on the first day of on-ice drills

Nikita Scherbak - not skating at practice

I know these are all prospects but this still is a bit of downer considering it's the first real day of rookie camp.

Stefan Fournier - injured coming into camp

Nikolas Koberstein - injured coming into camp

Dalton Thrower - injured coming into camp

Daniel Carr - non-contact jersey on the first day of on-ice drills

Connor Crisp - non-contact jersey on the first day of on-ice drills

Nikita Scherbak - not skating at practice

In hindsight, setting up the 'American Ninja' obstacle course at the entrance to the practice facility probably wasn't as good a 'team-building' exercise as they thought it would be.

• Upvote 1

In hindsight, setting up the 'American Ninja' obstacle course at the entrance to the practice facility probably wasn't as good a 'team-building' exercise as they thought it would be.

Nah. There was this huge car accident in Brossard. 3 cars involved.

• 2 weeks later...

The full injury list at the moment is starting to get long:

Eller, McCarron, Crisp, Gregoire, Fournier, Nevins, and Thrower.

I still prefer all of these injuries over losing Kimmo Timmonen...

Glad to hear McCarron's injury is not a fracture. I know he's a long-term project, but with last year something of a bust, the last thing he needs is to lose another season to a severe injury. He needs to get lots of ice and learn to play the game at a high level.

Actually losing kimmo does not bother me at all, since he is not on our team.

haha. Yeah, but we must agree that a long list of non-nhlers injured + Eller is still better than a key piece injured.

good to hear McCarron's injury isn't quite that serious. the guy was a machine last night and i'm anxious to get to see him in action again real soon!

I saw on social media a lot of Bruins fans hating him. Calling him a goon was the nicest thing they said.

I saw on social media a lot of Bruins fans hating him. Calling him a goon was the nicest thing they said.

Oh, brother. That's Bruins fans for ya, always the first to denounce thuggery and rise to the defence of elegant hockey artistry :monkey:

It's a shoulder injury for McCarron, he'll miss 6 weeks. Assuming he's back on time (early November), he'll still likely miss the first 20 or so games of London's season. To put that in perspective, OHL teams only play 68 games; he's going to miss nearly 30% of the season in all likelihood.

It's a shoulder injury for McCarron, he'll miss 6 weeks. Assuming he's back on time (early November), he'll still likely miss the first 20 or so games of London's season. To put that in perspective, OHL teams only play 68 games; he's going to miss nearly 30% of the season in all likelihood.

Damn that is bad luck for the big kid. I thought he might have a shot of at lest playing some games.