Injury news

Commandant

Gonchar received the green light but won't play tomorrow as he gets back into playing shape. Parenteau will travel with the team for the upcoming road trip but also won't play tomorrow (he should be close to returning though).

That's good news. I had heard a rumour that he had a concussion. He's been a real welcome addition methinks. I like his calm puck control and streetsmarts.

That's good news. I had heard a rumour that he had a concussion. He's been a real welcome addition methinks. I like his calm puck control and streetsmarts.

He probably did have a minor one. He sat the mandatory one week before word came out on Monday that he was green lighted.

He probably did have a minor one. He sat the mandatory one week before word came out on Monday that he was green lighted.

Ah.. thanks Brian

When Gonchar returns & once Emelin is back, who draws the short straws on d? Weaver, Gilbert, Tinordi, or Pateryn? the 2 young guys?

Weasel C! Glad it ain't my decision.

When Gonchar returns & once Emelin is back, who draws the short straws on d? Weaver, Gilbert, Tinordi, or Pateryn? the 2 young guys?

Weaver already has the short straw. Pateryn won't stick long-term I don't think, he'll be back in Hamilton before too long (or in another organization). Tinordi may stay up but I don't expect he'll see regular minutes when all are healthy.

Weaver already has the short straw. Pateryn won't stick long-term I don't think, he'll be back in Hamilton before too long (or in another organization). Tinordi may stay up but I don't expect he'll see regular minutes when all are healthy.

Thats likely how it plays out. Tinordi 7th d. Weaver 8th Pateryn gone.

Personally i like the energy, hunger and physicality the two young guys bring over what Gilberts brings. Yes there is a risk with the inexperience , but playing Gilbert has risks too. Gilbert could play 1000 games and never once defend against Backes the way Pateryn defended against him in St. Louis.

Guest Stogey24

Thats likely how it plays out. Tinordi 7th d. Weaver 8th Pateryn gone.

Personally i like the energy, hunger and physicality the two young guys bring over what Gilberts brings. Yes there is a risk with the inexperience , but playing Gilbert has risks too. Gilbert could play 1000 games and never once defend against Backes the way Pateryn defended against him in St. Louis.

Hunger is a key word there. I see it too

I tell you what, our D hasn't looked better this season than it's playing right now. And in the next few weeks they'll be tested with the likes of ANA, LA, SJ, NYI, and TBL twice, so we'll see whether or not the young guys can convince some of you. I suspect that Emelin gets moved before either Tinordi or Pateryn

Guest Stogey24

I tell you what, our D hasn't looked better this season than it's playing right now. And in the next few weeks they'll be tested with the likes of ANA, LA, SJ, NYI, and TBL twice, so we'll see whether or not the young guys can convince some of you. I suspect that Emelin gets moved before either Tinordi or Pateryn

Well Gonchar is sitting again tonight, so looks like the kids are getting another look

Alexei Emelin is on the trip out West and has been skating on his own for a few days. This would suggest that he may be closer to returning than we first thought when the report of his injury being 4-6 weeks surfaced though Renaud Lavoie still thinks he's a couple of weeks away.

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that one of the veterans gets moved, Gonchar or Weaver?

no, but nothing much would be coming back.

Well Gonchar is sitting again tonight, so looks like the kids are getting another look

Great. Habs best game of season in St Louis had the kids playing.

Guest Stogey24

Who sits? Gilbert is obvious one to me, but Gonchar or Beaulieu is most likely?

If Beaulieu sits I'm boycotting every game he's on the bench.

Guest Stogey24

Why boycott if a 3rd pairing d-man sits? Is not like the 10 minutes he is playing is invaluable.

Because he deserves to play and its valuable to his development. There was not one point this entire season where Emelin was better than Beaulieu. Ya, the idea of Emelin seems nice, but he's garbage in his own end and his lateral movemen is robotic.

Never noticed lateral movement, but he is still #1 hitter on team and twice as strong as Baby Beaulieu who dosent hit. (but with puck Beaulieu is vastly superior no question)

Would I prefer to see Gilbert sit over Beaulieu, darn tootin, but seems coaches have taken a shine to him paired with Petry.

Guest Stogey24

The one thing I notice with Emelin is lateral movement. The transition from skating backwards to forwards has gone to shit after his knee surgery. Baby Beaulieu? That baby is the only blue liner that will drop his gloves on this team.