Injury news

Commandant

The one thing I notice with Emelin is lateral movement. The transition from skating backwards to forwards has gone to shit after his knee surgery. Baby Beaulieu? That baby is the only blue liner that will drop his gloves on this team.

Yes, he has some grit and it just rhymed with last name, but at present he is weakish for a NHL d-man of his size.

Yes, he has some grit and it just rhymed with last name, but at present he is weakish for a NHL d-man of his size.

damn, you must still be trying to forget Peter Popovic then...

OK, in which game do you recall that Beaulieu had nice open ice hit and sat anyone on their ass in front of net (other than a couple of nice fights, which were great to see)?

I would have him in the top 4 right now and do love his natural quickness/puck skills. But, he is not a physically mature hitter like Emelin is.

Guest Stogey24

I would take NB and his overall game vs Emelin and his one hard hit/gm anyday of the week and twice on a Saturday night

Exactly what I was going to say.

So I take it, that is a big NO on any nice hit Beaulieu has ever made, which you can even recall. Point made!

Whereas even Petry has stepped up and had several nice ones in just couple games with Habs.

I think getting Emelin back will be a bonus to team, no matter if is Beaulieu, Gilbert or Gonchar having to sit.

So I take it, that is a big NO on any nice hit Beaulieu has ever made, which you can even recall. Point made!

Whereas even Petry has stepped up and had several nice ones in just couple games with Habs.

I think getting Emelin back will be a bonus to team, no matter if is Beaulieu, Gilbert or Gonchar having to sit.

Beaulieu just managed to crack the roster "permanently" and I believe that he is not yet in a position to risk a defensive coverage over an open ice hit without a possibility to be benched or lose is roster spot.

Next season, I'd be more inclined to see big hits from Beaulieu and would even expect this to happen more often.

Tinordi, on the other hand, is brought up exactly for that and already showed that he was capable of delievering some big hits in the NHL.

Big hits are part of his game, as opposed to the current game of Nate.

Guest Stogey24

Point made? Beaulieu is better at every aspect of the game. Emelin's MAYBE one decent hit a game doesn't even compare to Beaulieu's overall play. There is a reason Emelin was on the trading block.

Better at every aspect of game, haha good one! Lucic better watch out for Nate then. :bonk:

Trading block eh, along with Eberle/Yakupov/OReily and 1,000 other wild ass guesses, good thing some don't take Toronto media BS as the gospel. :blush:

Guest Stogey24

Better at every aspect of game, haha good one! Lucic better watch out for Nate then. :bonk:

Trading block eh, along with Eberle/Yakupov/OReily and 1,000 other wild ass guesses, good thing some don't take Toronto media BS as the gospel. :blush:

Talk to me in the offseason. Can almost guarantee Emelin isn't in a Habs Jersey come 2015-2016 season.

I want Emelin to play alot dirtier. If he starts to get under the skin of oponent stars alot more than just Lucic he would be alot more effective. He is to nice now. If he was a bruin I bet he would be the leagues most hated player now.

Don, you couldn't be any more wrong with your Kasparitis comparison. Darius Kasparitis threw a dozen heavy hits per game because he was a master at timing, positioning and was fearless. He also played 20+ minutes per night, and well. Emelin is no Kasparitis. He might catch one guy with a heavy hit per game, wow. NB's overall game is ten times more valueable than Emelin

Personally, I want to see Gonchar or Gilbert sit to get Emelin in the lineup.

Biggest problem vs Tampa was we didn't hit anybody after the first period.

I actually liked the physical defense play of Pateryn, Tinordi and Emelin all in the lineup at once, only time all season our zone, actually looked like OUR zone.

Don, you couldn't be any more wrong with your Kasparitis comparison. Darius Kasparitis threw a dozen heavy hits per game because he was a master at timing, positioning and was fearless. He also played 20+ minutes per night, and well. Emelin is no Kasparitis. He might catch one guy with a heavy hit per game, wow. NB's overall game is ten times more valueable than Emelin

could be, i dont rememeber him well.

Markov's hit made me miss Emelin even more, a few more of those bone rattling hits, sitting an opponent on their ass wouldn't hurt one bit (even if just 1 or 2/game)

To get Emelin back in the line up I would be taking Gonchar out.

Markov - Subban

Beaulieu - Petry

Emelin - Gilbert

Now everyone is playing on their correct side. Gonchar should still be switched in regularly to keep the D fresh and since he can play either side its pretty easy to do. Weaver will be the tougher one to argue getting playing time but he still needs some reps to keep game ready.

To get Emelin back in the line up I would be taking Gonchar out.

Markov - Subban

Beaulieu - Petry

Emelin - Gilbert

Now everyone is playing on their correct side. Gonchar should still be switched in regularly to keep the D fresh and since he can play either side its pretty easy to do. Weaver will be the tougher one to argue getting playing time but he still needs some reps to keep game ready.

Totally agree, nothing wrong with sitting the 40 yr old, and nice to have him and Weaver as depth just in case.

We need a bit more physicality on the back end, that's that!