GDT Calgary Flames @ Montreal Canadiens Oct 13 2011

JMMR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts so far:

- Kostitsyn looks like he's into it tonight, hopefully the Habs can take advantage.

- Someone needs to remind Subban he doesn't have to go end-to-end every time. When he does that, Calgary leaks a forward out of the zone to get a 1-on-1 with Gill, nearly worked to perfection late in the period.

- Two goals beating Price high glove (both really good shots), the Flames seem to be aiming there a bit.

- I wish David Moss wasn't sitting on my fantasy league bench right now...

Analysis:

The Forwards really need to show better support to the dmen.. Its 3 on 2 down low all the time, and the late forward is killing them.

Interesting fact: Habs have won exactly 1 home opener since the lockout (beat Bruins 3-2 in shootout 2009).

Looking at the ice time, Palushaj has played all of 1:38. If that's all the time he's going to get (and in that role), would they not have been better suited with someone like Blunden who at least is accustomed to playing a 4th line role in the NHL?

Weber, Darche and Engvist is not what we can cal a force in PK. Weber doesn'T take his amn or stick,

Darche couln't read a play in the making,

Emelin, Gomez, Gionta. could make more sense.

Even then play Gorges with Gill for two minutes.

I'm really starting to think the pregame ceremonies have an effect. We look flat.

Only 1 win in a home opener since the lockout.

Plus we looked awful on Gainey Retirement night, Robinson Retirement night, Patrick Roy night.

Just got back from the office -friggin 3 hour time difference on the west coast! i'm stuck here in vancouver for work. HOtel doesn't have RDS, is there any other option to watch the game in BC??? I can't believe TSN isn't carrying this.

Although it looks like i'd be pissed off while watching this anyways.

The Habs seem to get 5 chances in a minute...and then nothing for 10. Cole should have been benched for that appalling shift that led to the fourth goal, that lack of effort is inexcusable. I wonder if a mercy pull for Price wouldn't be a bad idea at this time, he's not particularly sharp out there and the way this is going, it might be worth getting him out. That was something I wish would've been done more last year to give him a bit of a break.

Stat of the game so far, Moen with 5 hits in 9:29.

Just got back from the office -friggin 3 hour time difference on the west coast! i'm stuck here in vancouver for work. HOtel doesn't have RDS, is there any other option to watch the game in BC??? I can't believe TSN isn't carrying this.

Although it looks like i'd be pissed off while watching this anyways.

TSN is technically carrying the game...just on their TSN Habs channel. Believe me, you're not missing much.

Haven't been able to see much, although funnily enough I had a bad feeling about this game going in. Don't know why, but it could be the pattern of opening-night losses/blown 'high profile' games.

On Cole: that's always been the book on him, he suffers lapses in intensity. He's also looked like a dynamo on some shifts with Plekanec. Take the bad with the good.

But am I wrong to think that we can expect numerous evenings like this as long as we are throwing two rookies, a gifted but still-learning sophomore, Weber, and (when healthy) the immortal Jaroslav Spacek out on the blueline? Just asking.

But am I wrong to think that we can expect numerous evenings like this as long as we are throwing two rookies, a gifted but still-learning sophomore, Weber, and (when healthy) the immortal Jaroslav Spacek out on the blueline? Just asking.

If the defence sticks to the system, they should be okay most nights. If some (aka Subban) start freelancing out there, then they're in trouble. They just need to buckle down and keep it simple.

Haven't been able to see much, although funnily enough I had a bad feeling about this game going in. Don't know why, but it could be the pattern of opening-night losses/blown 'high profile' games.

On Cole: that's always been the book on him, he suffers lapses in intensity. He's also looked like a dynamo on some shifts with Plekanec. Take the bad with the good.

Honestly.... its not the D.... the forwards are giving the D no support.

Cole had one bad shift, and he should get benched? Doesn't he get benched every power play opportunity

Montreal get ? to play Darche or Desharnais.

Gauthier spent 4.5 million on a player and the coach doens't know how to use him.

Half season, people will bum Cole for not scoring.

If only AK46 and Cole started the game with Plek it would have change the dynamic.

I would accept AK46 to play with Eller, but with Desharnais it's a waste.

I'll take a break i am sick of this.

The Habs seem to get 5 chances in a minute...and then nothing for 10. Cole should have been benched for that appalling shift that led to the fourth goal, that lack of effort is inexcusable. I wonder if a mercy pull for Price wouldn't be a bad idea at this time, he's not particularly sharp out there and the way this is going, it might be worth getting him out. That was something I wish would've been done more last year to give him a bit of a break.

Stat of the game so far, Moen with 5 hits in 9:29.

TSN is technically carrying the game...just on their TSN Habs channel. Believe me, you're not missing much.

listening on Team990. I guess its a good thing i'm not in calgary - would have been painful being at the office tomorrow after getting beaten by the Shames.

Cole had one bad shift, and he should get benched? Doesn't he get benched every power play opportunity

Montreal get ? to play Darche or Desharnais.

Gauthier spent 4.5 million on a player and the coach doens't know how to use him.

Half season, people will bum Cole for not scoring.

If only AK46 and Cole started the game with Plek it would have change the dynamic.

I would accept AK46 to play with Eller, but with Desharnais it's a waste.

I'll take a break i am sick of this.

Yep.

I don't get JM.

Lines should be:

Ak46-Pleks-Cole

Maxpac-Gomez-Gionta

Desharnais-Eller-Palushaj

Moen-Elquuist-darche