Line combinations?

SOOPAVILLIN

New lines from practice today/yesterday. These ones make more sense:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Desharnais - Plekanec - Parenteau

Prust - Eller - Sekac (conflicting reports on who's the LW and RW)

Bournival - Malhotra - Weise

I agree that these make more sense.... they are the exact lines I use in NHL15!

Guest Stogey24

Much rather see Eller in that second spot

I think Tinordi is at least as reliable as any of Gilbert, Allen or Weaver. Time to give him another look.

Yes i would think so. I believe he is ready to become a big league pro. Give him a spot on the third pair and leave him there. Give him forty plus games before play offs. Habs need him to step up. They are very weak on that third pair and over playing Markov and Subban to make up for it is not the answer.

Guest Stogey24

Yes i would think so. I believe he is ready to become a big league pro. Give him a spot on the third pair and leave him there. Give him forty plus games before play offs. Habs need him to step up. They are very weak on that third pair and over playing Markov and Subban to make up for it is not the answer.

Emelin isn't doing enough back there. He's suppose to be a top 4 D-man, but he hasn't been that guy this year. I just read an article where Therrien said how slow Emelin's reaction time is in the defensive zone. I'm interested as to what happens in the near future here.

I would like to see Tinordi as well for the last 30-40 games, and will finally agree with Stogey that Emelin isn't living up to the job we need him for...

Hope JGC21 is right... we need a legit top 4 guy, but he has to be physical for me to be happy.

We are lacking that physical guy, and I think Tinordi is the man for that top 4 job, if not this year, next.

So I went to bat for Sekac to score, in fact I guaranteed it and failed miserably! I said I would stay off the forum for 1 week, but then got swamped with xmas, so here I am 10 days later. FYI, yes, my foot had to be surgically removed from my mouth.

That being said, I'd like to wish everyone a belated holiday greeting!

Now with that off my chest, I am happy to see Beaulieu in the top 4( is he there on his own merit, or because of the ineptitude of the others?) I've been waiting for him to be given his chance at more minutes, and I believe he's finally arrived and is here to stay. Next up, I too think Tinordi could be a more effective 3rd pairing defenseman than anybody else on the roster! Emelin, Weaver, Gilbert, and Allen have all looked awful. Tinordi and Emelin, with a splash of Gilbert may be a decent mix

I would like to see Tinordi as well for the last 30-40 games, and will finally agree with Stogey that Emelin isn't living up to the job we need him for...Hope JGC21 is right... we need a legit top 4 guy, but he has to be physical for me to be happy.We are lacking that physical guy, and I think Tinordi is the man for that top 4 job, if not this year, next.

Tinordi will be with the team before the end of the season. We saw last spring that we needed a guy like him to defend the crease and punish those who feel too comfortable close to Price. He will make mistakes, but no more than Gilbert, Allen or Weaver. Let him play!

I like your thinking but not as sure about the mistake part.

And many love to say, look at Detroit and how they smartly let prospects mature in AHL, but us fans get too anxious and tend to be too short sighted.

Tinordi has been doing better lately, but unlikely be an AHL All-Star and would it hurt to let him play a ton till next fall?

For those who want Tinordi up, keep in mind he's not playing well in Hamilton right now. I highly doubt he'd crack the top-6 at the moment (he'd slot in 8th most likely) so he'd be sitting anyways. Also, the team would then be carrying nine defencemen meaning that they would only be allowed to carry 12 forwards which is far from ideal.

Tinordi will be with the team before the end of the season. We saw last spring that we needed a guy like him to defend the crease and punish those who feel too comfortable close to Price. He will make mistakes, but no more than Gilbert, Allen or Weaver. Let him play!

yep.. this is a young mans league more than it has ever been. J T was drafted when 2010? this d aint exactly the habs d of the 70's...or the 80's for that matter.....heck the 90's d was tougher to crack than this D ..............bring the kid and get over yourselves. The back end aint that good!

I've personally been of the opinion that Tinordi and Beaulieu were ready in October and the team should have just grinded through their mistakes and errors. If both were right handed we never would have signed Weaver and Gilbert. I'd rather be wrong at the deadline picking up a vet than the vet juggle we've done already. The issue with our defence is that Emelin never stepped up. He stepped down.

That said I've liked Gonchar in the lineup and think he'll be great for us in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

I don't really see how well Tinordi is playing in Hamilton is a fair assessment with that God awful team and coaching staff.

Seems to me Beaulieu plays 100% better in Mtl than he does in Hamilton.

Maybe Tinordi is butthurt down there and rotting away, NHL is where he needs to be to get better?

Bottom line is, can anyone really say that Allen and Weaver or Emelin are better than Tinordi from what we have seen at the NHL level?

I'm not one of them...

I don't really see how well Tinordi is playing in Hamilton is a fair assessment with that God awful team and coaching staff.

Maybe Tinordi is butthurt down there and rotting away, NHL is where he needs to be to get better?

Bottom line is, can anyone really say that Allen and Weaver or Emelin are better than Tinordi from what we have seen at the NHL level?

I'm not one of them...

It's a sign that Tinordi isn't improving on the areas that need to be improved upon. He needs to play more physical, he hasn't. That's not the fault of the coaches. He still doesn't handle the puck well. That's not entirely the fault of the coaches either. Those are the two areas I was really hoping he'd improve. Given his size, he should be standing out in games. That just isn't happening.

If he's pouting about not being in the NHL, then he's exactly where he needs to be right now. Considering Beaulieu did this last year and got punished for it, he'd be stupid to try it himself and expect a different result. Dogging it shouldn't yield a promotion.

I'd take Emelin over Tinordi right now in terms of who can help the team more. They're not going to call him up to sit a $4.1 M defenceman who has the second longest contract of any defenceman. That's a great way to tank a players' trade value.

• Upvote 1

100% agree. You would have thought MT would have learned not to break in Tinordi more during the year, rather than be called up late in the season to sit in the press box for the last 1 1/2 month of the season and post season, and lot really be a viable option when he could have been used against the rangers.

I've personally been of the opinion that Tinordi and Beaulieu were ready in October and the team should have just grinded through their mistakes and errors. If both were right handed we never would have signed Weaver and Gilbert. I'd rather be wrong at the deadline picking up a vet than the vet juggle we've done already. The issue with our defence is that Emelin never stepped up. He stepped down.

That said I've liked Gonchar in the lineup and think he'll be great for us in the playoffs.

100% agree.

MB first fxcked up by not giving Robinson a job and than with giving his buddies Lefebve and daignealt jobs. Lefebve should have been fired last year. I say bring back Boucher to Hamilton and have him around as an option for when MT WILL ultimately get fired.

I'm not one of them...

I think they should try and package emelin to Edmonton. Having said that, I think emelin is a much better dman than we are seeing this year.

It's a sign that Tinordi isn't improving on the areas that need to be improved upon. He needs to play more physical, he hasn't. That's not the fault of the coaches. He still doesn't handle the puck well. That's not entirely the fault of the coaches either. Those are the two areas I was really hoping he'd improve. Given his size, he should be standing out in games. That just isn't happening.

If he's pouting about not being in the NHL, then he's exactly where he needs to be right now. Considering Beaulieu did this last year and got punished for it, he'd be stupid to try it himself and expect a different result. Dogging it shouldn't yield a promotion.

I'd take Emelin over Tinordi right now in terms of who can help the team more. They're not going to call him up to sit a $4.1 M defenceman who has the second longest contract of any defenceman. That's a great way to tank a players' trade value.

100% agree.

MB first fxcked up by not giving Robinson a job and than with giving his buddies Lefebve and daignealt jobs. Lefebve should have been fired last year. I say bring back Boucher to Hamilton and have him around as an option for when MT WILL ultimately get fired.

I think they should try and package emelin to Edmonton. Having said that, I think emelin is a much better dman than we are seeing this year.

I highly doubt Boucher would leave his NLA job to go coach in the minors unless there was a promise that he'd get the NHL job in short order. That's not going to happen. He'll stay in Switzerland for a bit yet until an NHL opening comes around.

Agreed on Emelin - he's better than what he has shown this year. This isn't a good time to shop him though as they'd sell low. As for Edmonton, they're tied into a few mediocre-ish/overpaid guys already (Petry, Ference, Nikitin, and Fayne), they wouldn't have a big desire to add another one to the mix.

Emelin will be traded before the deadline. Hopefully he's part of a package that gets us a legitimate top 4 d-man.

Interesting. If I am correct, you predicted emelin being traded (before deadline) earlier in the season. Could very well be.

package could include DD? go ahead boys, rip me for the speculation. :angry2:

100% agree.

Gallagher is and was far better in Montreal than he was in Hamilton. Not always so black and white. Because I guy is not ripping it up or dominating in the ahl, that is not always a tell that he wont succeed in the nhl. Most times it is the case but not always.

Tinordi is ready to play for most nhl teams on the third pair. What is to be determined is how long does he play on third pair before his game improves (or not) to move to top four. Or will he be a permanent third pair guy. Could he crack the line up in st louis or chicago? Maybe not. Montreal? yes he can, Nothing else its time to find out.